Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

So my car got Towed.

I live in a mobile home park/community/resident area (whatever its called).Well rules are don’t park in the street...ok,no more then 3 cars @ your house at any time(is additional parking)...so ok and so on, but there is a trailer house for sell across the street, and I always put my car there because of the big tree. Nobody live there, I have never seen anybody there, and I didn’t think anybody had a problem with it.

Well im working grave yard shift this week and 7:00pm comes around and I get a phone call. My younger brother asked me what kind of of a mood im in... WTF, so I immediately thought he hit something because I let him move it. Only like in and out of the shade, pull it around to wash it not much. Well after he informs me my car is missing im like...ok, but WTF.

So after about 10mins of me thinking my car was stolen he calls back and tells me that they towed it (he asked the office). So right now I just got back after paying 245.30 for my own car. Honestly i was kinda glad it got towed compared to getting stolen. But i was still very worried about damages from it being towed but nothing
    Oh when I was pulling up a guy outside the gate and checking his truck (he talked like he was drunk) well yelled a few word and did a 1wheel wonder. Where everybody apparently does it at. And this is me getting it out. Nothing big, but no intake for me this week
    Oh it was taken by a camera phone so its very low quality and its also very dark.sry

My car was parked directly behind where it is in this pic, you can't really see the tree its more to the left.

Last edited by NorthwoodDavid; 06-14-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Any body eles ever have thier car towed?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    Any body eles ever have thier car towed?
    Not without telling them to tow it.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Not without telling them to tow it.
    gotcha, the one time i was gunna intentionaly tow it was after a mis-shift lol
    ended up driving it home though

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Mine broke down on me 950 miles from home.

$499 bill.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Mine broke down on me 950 miles from home.

$499 bill.
    well it could of been like a $500 bill or something. lol

what happend to it? I didnt think you took it on long trips like that

I see you car as perfect even if it breaks down and i have to push it home...uphill...in the snow, lol

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Thanks.

To be honest, I still don't know exactly what happened. Thinking a mixture of bad gas and an aftermarket MAF.
    Made the trip perfectly fine. Next morning, it was KNOCKING like someone was hitting the longtubes with a hammer.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

i had a previous vehicle towed before. i lived in philly, and while i was moving into an apt i parked in a loading only zone, and after i finished unloading it i started assembling a futon instead of re-parking immediately. i guess i just forgot, but it was like30 minutes, and i went down and it was just missing. i had to pay 275 cash to get it back, what a bitch.

Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

ur car sounds cammed...... u dont even have an intake on it? or did u mean intake manifold?

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by SpecterGT260 View Post
    ur car sounds cammed...... u dont even have an intake on it? or did u mean intake manifold?
    pretty sure he means he cant buy a new aftermarket intake manifold now because of the towing fee.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

I would talk to the management and raise a fit.. that is bullshit they knew where the car belonged to ( it kinda stands out)they could have called you to ask you to move...I would get even wait for a hot day go to the ac and shut off the disconnect and pull a fuse that will cost at least 125.00 for someone to fix or really screw them and put a screw in the out door coil that will cost a couple grand to fix....Im a vendictive person I would mess with them for months they may cost me 250.00 I will cost them thousands in the long run...Fuck the jackasses what ever happened to common courtesy used to be if someone had a problem they would come to you to talk now they call the cops or there lawyer...

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Yea its got a 224 12R cam and a stock ls1 intake

the only reason i did the cam was because i had a mis-shift and i thought i had a bad lifter too so i figured my cam was fu** and so on. Once i was in there i didnt even change the lifters because i had to pull the heads (should of done more reseach) but i saw about 3 bad push rods and that was it.

so i just did my headers not too long ago with my income tax now my intake was next i was already seaching to bid, but.... polly next week i will have the money(summer job)

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    i had a previous vehicle towed before. i lived in philly, and while i was moving into an apt i parked in a loading only zone, and after i finished unloading it i started assembling a futon instead of re-parking immediately. i guess i just forgot, but it was like30 minutes, and i went down and it was just missing. i had to pay 275 cash to get it back, what a bitch.
    That sucks but they are just out to find people like that, I was scrard to death my car was stolen, I saw a 4 cly in line because another TA i could probly afford through my insurance but insurance on it i problably couldnt afford after that i was kinda glad it just got towed

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

Yea its got a 224 12R cam and a stock ls1 intake

the only reason i did the cam was because i had a mis-shift and i thought i had a bad lifter too so i figured my cam was fu** and so on. Once i was in there i didnt even change the lifters because i had to pull the heads (should of done more reseach) but i saw about 3 bad push rods and that was it.

so i just did my headers not too long ago with my income tax now my intake was next i was already seaching to bid, but.... polly next week i will have the money(summer job)
    im running a 232/234 on my stock ls1 intake it seems to be making some pretty good power, ill swap mine out eventually but im not worried about it. some guys act like camming on the stock ls1 intake manifold is a complete waste of time but they seem to forget there were fast cars out there for 3 years before the z06 ever dropped

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

im running a 232/234 on my stock ls1 intake it seems to be making some pretty good power, ill swap mine out eventually but im not worried about it. some guys act like camming on the stock ls1 intake manifold is a complete waste of time but they seem to forget there were fast cars out there for 3 years before the z06 ever dropped
    That looks like a good sized cam i dont even have mine tuned yet because i was waiting to get an intake

I remember reading that the ls1 intake will lose power uptop when compared to the ls6 but not much down low i dont know how much truth there is to that, but it make sence. I still want the ls6 intake badly and is my next mod...

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by scotthd View Post
    I would talk to the management and raise a fit.. that is bullshit they knew where the car belonged to ( it kinda stands out)they could have called you to ask you to move...I would get even wait for a hot day go to the ac and shut off the disconnect and pull a fuse that will cost at least 125.00 for someone to fix or really screw them and put a screw in the out door coil that will cost a couple grand to fix....Im a vendictive person I would mess with them for months they may cost me 250.00 I will cost them thousands in the long run...Fuck the jackasses what ever happened to common courtesy used to be if someone had a problem they would come to you to talk now they call the cops or there lawyer...
    yea lol, im actually going over there right now. I will problably not raise hell i was in the wrong but it just suck.

I dont think i could fu** up there cars or stuff because of that...but i did think of it. I just dont think its worth it unless they are intentionally tryen to fu** me then its ball to the wall from there on out lol

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

That looks like a good sized cam i dont even have mine tuned yet because i was waiting to get an intake

I remember reading that the ls1 intake will lose power uptop when compared to the ls6 but not much down low i dont know how much truth there is to that, but it make sence. I still want the ls6 intake badly and is my next mod...
    my car pulls hard all the way to 6800 where i shift. im sure the ls6 intake would definitly help (and tuning only helped midrange torque for me) but for me for right now i have better uses for $350 and 10 hp isnt going to make or break a race anyways : i will still probably end up getting one if i find a deal here in the next year or so, probably when i swap heads. i dont agree with the norm in that you must swap the intake when doing a cam job, but i do think you should do it to take advantage of heads. but still, it will give even a bolton car good gains for the money, im just more interested in buying supporting mods to get my nitrous working again

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    pretty sure he means he cant buy a new aftermarket intake manifold now because of the towing fee.
    in my case the ls6intake not sure if its worth porting it out if i got stock head

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

my car almost got towed, I was at the T/A nationals and had it parked along a side road--I guess a business I was in front got pissed at people blocking them, so they called the cops......they were already loading up several t/a's and I happend to walk back too my car to get my cell phone and saw them dragging a ws6 onto a flatbed........needless to say I moved my car!

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

it seems like they intentionally did it you cant tell me they didnt know which unit that car belonged to I guess Im just old but where Im from in that situation they come over and ask you to move it or at least put a note on it before resorting to towing and costing someone money or worse damaging the car in the tow..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information