Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

So last night...

The wife got off work late and rolled back into town when i was on my lunch break at work (1am) So i jumped into the car and we went to pick up some cheeseburgers. Well, after picking up the cheeseburgers we went and parked in a kroger parking lot (since i didn't want to go to work and eat it and the lobby of the cheeseburger joint was closed) anyway...as i'm enjoying my tasty burger some car pulls in behind us and starts flashing their brights on and off on us.

I noticed it was the cops (4 cop cars to be exact) and i opened the door and said "hello?"

He told me to come to his car and when i got there he started asking me all these questions about what i was doing. I told him i was enjoying my tasty burger on my lunch break until he showed up. He told me that someone called the cops and told them we were parked there with a gun waiting for someone.

I told him i don't even own a gun much less have one on me. Well, he pats me down and all that and a couple other ones go to the car and start asking the wife a bunch of questions like "Do you have a gun?!......Is he hurting you?....Are you fighting?!?"

I show him my ID, and when i pulled it out he saw my military ID in my wallet and started asking me about that and apologized for the inconvenience. They let me go but i was pissed they screwed up my lunch break.

I think these morons thought i was getting a quickie from the wife during lunch and wanted to sneak up on us. Oh well.

thats kinda fd up, fn cops

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    thats kinda fd up, fn cops
    I'm not really pissed at the cops, if they really got a call from some moron saying i had a gun they did the right thing. I mean it was a little suspicious being parked there at 1 in the morning on a monday. That's if they really got a call though. I have no proof either way. I'm not going to bash them unless i knew for sure. I'm a little pissed i was getting frisked by a cop when i was supposed to be enjoying my cheeseburger having a conversation with the wife that i hadn't got to see that day before work. I'd like to meet the guy that called us in if the cops were telling the truth.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

LOL....shitty.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    America's finest at their best. You know, if I'm ever a victim of a real crime I hope to God that I'm not wearing my seatbelt and I'm speeding. That way at least the cops would be there, lol.

Shit
    http://www.flexyourrights.org/

Here you go. This advice has served me well in the past.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

I have had similar experiences a few times getting gas at a SAM's. Both times I was waiting on my wife to come with her car and fill them both up at the same time. Waiting in the parking lot, some dill weed called the cops, saying I was snooping around cars. I never left my vehicle and was no where near any other car in the parking lot. First time the cops arrived as I was pumping gas into both cars. They told me the manager called in. I don't see why he didn't just call the guy that sits in the little hut out at the pumps and ask him what was going on.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

You guys may get pissed at the police. But how is the police going to know what is going on in the car? What would you think, if that was a guy really raping YOUR GF in that car? I guess you wouldn't want them to do anything.

They did the right thing.

Shit
    And they DID do the right thing IF, and only IF there was an actual call. If there wasn't a call and they just wanted to fuck with somebody to get the chief off their backs, that is wrong on many levels. I hate to be negative but many cops have been crooked.

Black

Ok, your GF is getting rape in that car. Its 1:00 in the morning. Your in a dark parking lot.

I guess the cops can't check them out since they didn't get a call.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    I'm not really pissed at the cops, if they really got a call from some moron saying i had a gun they did the right thing. I mean it was a little suspicious being parked there at 1 in the morning on a monday. That's if they really got a call though. I have no proof either way. I'm not going to bash them unless i knew for sure. I'm a little pissed i was getting frisked by a cop when i was supposed to be enjoying my cheeseburger having a conversation with the wife that i hadn't got to see that day before work. I'd like to meet the guy that called us in if the cops were telling the truth.
    CCM, that's a very level headed attitude right there. Forget about the cop. They have a quota to make contacts with the public. Your a stat now in there books for the night of... BTW, what branch?

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
    Ok, your GF is getting rape in that car. Its 1:00 in the morning. Your in a dark parking lot.

I guess the cops can't check them out since they didn't get a call.
    I'm very sure it looked as if someone was getting raped in that car while they were eating their cheeseburgers.

Black

The point I am trying to make is they shouldn't need to have someone call, for them to do their job.

If the police were more proactive then reactive, there would hopefully be less crime.

Lets do this another way. There are 4 figures sitting in a car right outside your house at 3:00 am. Are planning on doing a home invasion? Or is it your friends dropping you off?

The police drive by, they didn't get a call about car. Should they check it out? Or just drive on by?

I would hope they stop.

White
    '10 ZR1

The point I am trying to make is they shouldn't need to have someone call, for them to do their job.

If the police were more proactive then reactive, there would hopefully be less crime.

Lets do this another way. There are 4 figures sitting in a car right outside your house at 3:00 am. Are planning on doing a home invasion? Or is it your friends dropping you off?

I would hope they stop.

The police drive by, they didn't get a call about car. Should they check it out? Or just drive on by?
    That is tougher to argue. If they feel that it could be suspicious, they should stop.

Shit
    Its kinda like this, and I've heard this several times before. I even read a story in the paper about this happening in Rio Rancho, NM.

Guy drives to 7-11 to buy beer. Guy drives home with beer. Guy drinks beer while watching TV, partying in his back yard, etc. Guy runs out of beer and wants more. Guy realizes that he is drunk so chooses not to drive because he doesn't want a DWI. 7-11 is only a few blocks away so he walks. On the way a cop sees him stumble as he is walking down the sidewalk and decides to "check him out". Guy gets arrested for being drunk in public.

This is what I hate about cops in general. If they have an opportunity to be dicks they will take it no matter what. I've even seen cops screw over their best friends just because they weren't wearing a seat belt or something.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate
    Its kinda like this, and I've heard this several times before. I even read a story in the paper about this happening in Rio Rancho, NM.

Guy drives to 7-11 to buy beer. Guy drives home with beer. Guy drinks beer while watching TV, partying in his back yard, etc. Guy runs out of beer and wants more. Guy realizes that he is drunk so chooses not to drive because he doesn't want a DWI. 7-11 is only a few blocks away so he walks. On the way a cop sees him stumble as he is walking down the sidewalk and decides to "check him out". Guy gets arrested for being drunk in public.

This is what I hate about cops in general. If they have an opportunity to be dicks they will take it no matter what. I've even seen cops screw over their best friends just because they weren't wearing a seat belt or something.
    Yes, there is no denying that SOME cops have the power trip mentality. I've NEVER seen a cop screw his best friend unless there were witnesses to contradict. I HAVE seen a cop pullover another car for DWI only to find out it was a fellow officer with a woman OTHER than his wife. All he did was arrange a ride home for his drunk buddy. Double standard for sure. However, the cops I know are pretty easy going unless it's excessive or flagrant. ALOT has to do with your attitude also. Get pulled over and be a back talking, self explanitory dick, then get a ticket. Get pulled over and shut down your car, put hazzards on, roll down window, turn stereo OFF, and address cop as sir, have your paper work ready, get a warning most likely. Unless it was excessive or flagrant. Warnings still benefit the cop. They HAVE to make so many contacts per a given time frame with the public.
    Last edited by Huskerz1; 06-12-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Had a cop pull me over on my way home from the movies. Pulled me over i ask him why i really was not speeding i just pulled out of a parking lots getting up to speed, and nohing was wrong with my truck. This is how it goes.

Me- "Why am i being stoped and told to exit my vehicle?"

Cop-" Your plate light is out"

Me- "I look and see its not*....Sir its not out"

Cop- "It was when you were moving"

Me- :Rolleyes: Okay so gimmie the ticket"

Cop-" You have anything in the truck i should know about?"

Me- "Uhhh no i thought i was getting a ticket why am i being searched?"

Cop-" Can i search your vehicle" * another cop pulls up*

Now my girlfriend is calling out from the truck scared

Me-" go ahead but call a supervisor out this is insane."

Cop- *laughs while his buddy stands next to me and he searches my truck*

*Cops get a radio call they give me my D.L and insurance back*

Me- "Im free to go? Why did you do this?"

*other cops*- "Your truck matched the decription of a vehicle that just commited a assualt"

Im so fucking pissed i go to the station right after that.....i get told to fuck off in so many words and can do nothing.

Black

Now how is the police going to know your were not the suspects?? Unless they check you out?

So the police can't stop anyone?

Ok, your GF just got robbed and assaulted. You give the description of the car to the police. They see what looks like the suspects in the car you described.

But wait they can't stop them according to your reasoning.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    Had a cop pull me over on my way home from the movies. Pulled me over i ask him why i really was not speeding i just pulled out of a parking lots getting up to speed, and nohing was wrong with my truck. This is how it goes.

Me- "Why am i being stoped and told to exit my vehicle?"

Cop-" Your plate light is out"

Me- "I look and see its not*....Sir its not out"

Cop- "It was when you were moving"

Me- :Rolleyes: Okay so gimmie the ticket"

Cop-" You have anything in the truck i should know about?"

Me- "Uhhh no i thought i was getting a ticket why am i being searched?"

Cop-" Can i search your vehicle" * another cop pulls up*

Now my girlfriend is calling out from the truck scared

Me-" go ahead but call a supervisor out this is insane."

Cop- *laughs while his buddy stands next to me and he searches my truck*

*Cops get a radio call they give me my D.L and insurance back*

Me- "Im free to go? Why did you do this?"

*other cops*- "Your truck matched the decription of a vehicle that just commited a assualt"

Im so fucking pissed i go to the station right after that.....i get told to fuck off in so many words and can do nothing.
    Classic example of how NOT to act.

Should go something like this:

You: Car off, hazzards on, stereo off, window down, papers ready, and finally your wigger hat turned around correctly,

Cop: Drivers license and registration please.

You: yes sir

Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?

You: No sir

Cop: Your plate light is out.

You: You look and see it isn't but your response should be... OK.

Cop: You have anything in the truck I should know about?

you: no sir

Cop: can I search your vehicle?

You: Yes sir ( That is a positive response to the cop and at this point the cop probably just lifts a jacket or something, check glove box, and flash lights under you seats).

Cop: Hands back your DL and registration and tells you to get your license plate light looked at.

You: yes sir, thanks.

You were fucked from your first response. NEVER start by asking a question. Then you contradict him thus setting his power trip in motion. Roll your eyes and are willing to take the ticket huh? Well from the cops perspective you just might have something bigger to hide. You tell him to go ahead and search but call your supervisor? What good is that? Your free to go but then you prolong this by asking a another question? Dude, get on your merry way. Ya you go to the station. Give them your name and tell them you want to file a complaint.LOL
    Last edited by Huskerz1; 06-12-2006 at 11:22 AM.

Now how is the police going to know your were not the suspects?? Unless they check you out?

So the police can't stop anyone?

Ok, your GF just got robbed and assaulted. You give the description of the car to the police. They see what looks like the suspects in the car you described.

But wait they can't stop them according to your reasoning.

The police cannot stop you without a reason finding a fake one is bullshit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information