Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

black
    1987 chevy camaro

Unhappy so i just got fired to day....

For those that dont know me, my name is shlomo im 19 years dude, I have been working in a family sitdown italian/ middle easter pizza shop. i have been working there for 6 years i worked my pay from $5.15 to $15 an hour. In bad/good times for that shop I kept it running smooth. i gave it my very best. all the customers loved me, i made sure no one would do anything shitty to there food{ like in the movie waiting } i made sure the orders were right. they would get there food fast and acurate/ persentible. I recently got foodsafe certified wich is a plus. it shows im knolegable and aware of helth code in md.

i was a casheir, bus boy dishwasher, samwich maker, then pizza maker then just recently the manager. if anoyone had complains i would take care of it and made sure they felt like there problem was resolved.

last year my boss decided to sell the bussness for way too much $$$ , he finnaly sold it to some dude that signed the last papper today. He made me show him the "ropes" all the ins and out of the place. so i do ,b.c hes the new boss i have to do want he wants,

at my job i am the informal leader and the formal leader too. i get screwed over all the time but tonight was the last time. the new boss let me know right after i clocked out that he will not higher me for 15 an hour like ive been working for for the longest time , i pay for everythign i have, im sure any of you know what its like. he gives me the option to work for 6.15 i think wat ever minimum wage is here.
    on min wage i cant offord shit i needa pay and I already get aid for school and shit, what realy gets to me is he knew he was gona do this to me for about a month but since i was one of the only ppl that gave a rats ass about that job , he needed one of his best workers there. ive saved them soo much money by doin shit the righ way,

what the fuck its like when your just standing and someone starts fighting with you and trowning punches, it hurts because i wasnt expeting it.

ive thought about revnge like taking apart there two delivery trucks or sumthin like pullin the drive shaft or taking the valve stems out of the tires or just doin stupid shit but what the fuck now i gotta loook for another job and be unemployed till i find one?

i also cater, and sell cars but i need another job { i also go to school 2 days aweek } {2 classes }

yep thats my rant
    any imput?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I was in your same boat. Worked at about the same type of place. Started there when I was 7 busing tables before school and on weekends. Ended up running the kitchen, ordering all the food, setting the schedules, had some of my own recipes on the menu. Worked there 13 years and ended up quiting because the new owners was sniffing all the profits up his nose. Got tired of making chump change.
    I then ended up going to the army and becoming a crew chief and Flight engineer on MH-47 Chinook helicopters. Awesome job. Got out and I am now a Lead Mechanic at Frontier Airlines.
    Keep your head up, There is alot of opportunities out there. I am sure you'll find something.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

whats an italian/middle easter pizza shop? obviously italian but the middle easter part? you mean like ragheads own the joint?

ps. thats sooooo f'in beat dude. the obvious thing to do is tell everyone you know they changed hands and the food isnt good anymore. the best advertising and worst advertising is word of mouth. as far as messing with them, disable the delivery vehicle. dont destroy it, jus disable it. they miss deliveries and lose money. as long as you dont do actual property damage and they cant prove or catch you doing it, its worth it in my opinion. i know what a slap in the face it is to lose a job after putting everything you have into it for many years. it always happens when you finally start making a lil money too. its made me realize that it doesnt really always pay to be a team player when it comes to a customer service type job and you're working for someone. sometimes being the team player solidifies you getting fucked. work hard, but jus hard enough. thats the problem these days. the death of the good work ethic isn't because people dont wanna do a nice job and do the right thing, its that the damn employers dont wanna pay anyone anymore. they get way too greedy lining their own pockets and they lowball the hell out of the people that help them line them. well guess what, that only lasts so long. Definitely tell the guy to go fuck himself. Hes asking you to take a 9 dollar an hour pay cut. If you've ever wanted to tell off a boss, heres your chance on a silver platter. You can always use the old owner as your referral, so its not like you're burning a bridge either.
    Last edited by 310stanger; 10-17-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Don't you have laws protecting your work rights and conidtions...laws the prevent this from happening to you?

Black
    1999 Trans am

Yes there are Labor laws prevents things, he would have to get demoted then he could collect unemployment, so on and so forth, dont let the new boss push you around. At least you'll be able to collect unemployment.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Go get another job. As long as your in the service industry at that level you are subject to be treated like shit as the perception from the owners is they can replace you. You do not want to be a commodity. Night school etc. will give you the skills to get a specialized carrer going and this kind of treatment stops.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

there are labor laws but this new boss is a pretty smart snake, he is "rehiring" most of the rw so everyone got a new application, so hes not firing ppl he is just not going to rehire people, ive gotten many letters of recomendation from my former boss for court yeh ive been then more than once, i uses to have an extreemly hot temper and even shorter fuze but i corrected my behavor and everything was fine.

what i mean by middle easter is that it is a jewish resturant, and serves some israeli dishes, lol no tolw heads

one day i went to work got dressed up as a towl head and just droped a suitcase that is veryy scettchy looking like its all silver and about 7 inches deep and about 15 inches long. the other manager got scared as hell cuz all he saw was the back of me and me walkin out and leaveng the box {}lol} i came right back in but it was a good laugh more me and ever on after they knew what was going on

now for disabling the truks i will just i hope ill get to em b4 they get stolen or messed up by the other crew workers

ive started telling the rest of the employes about this, and i also do catering and it is gheared to the same crowd at the pizza shop serves, so the word of mouth is gona work well.......and they just got a 4 PAGE list of shit from the helth dpt. cuz no one but 3 pppl and i would work hard

i gotta go to school, gotta start saving money....and if i would have know about this i wouldnt have bought everythign i need for a 13'' baer brake set up costing a pretty penny

and now for job hunting.. anyone wana hirer me?
    mo

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    whats an italian/middle easter pizza shop? obviously italian but the middle easter part? you mean like ragheads own the joint?

ps. thats sooooo f'in beat dude. the obvious thing to do is tell everyone you know they changed hands and the food isnt good anymore. the best advertising and worst advertising is word of mouth. as far as messing with them, disable the delivery vehicle. dont destroy it, jus disable it. they miss deliveries and lose money. as long as you dont do actual property damage and they cant prove or catch you doing it, its worth it in my opinion. i know what a slap in the face it is to lose a job after putting everything you have into it for many years. it always happens when you finally start making a lil money too. its made me realize that it doesnt really always pay to be a team player when it comes to a customer service type job and you're working for someone. sometimes being the team player solidifies you getting fucked. work hard, but jus hard enough. thats the problem these days. the death of the good work ethic isn't because people dont wanna do a nice job and do the right thing, its that the damn employers dont wanna pay anyone anymore. they get way too greedy lining their own pockets and they lowball the hell out of the people that help them line them. well guess what, that only lasts so long. Definitely tell the guy to go fuck himself. Hes asking you to take a 9 dollar an hour pay cut. If you've ever wanted to tell off a boss, heres your chance on a silver platter. You can always use the old owner as your referral, so its not like you're burning a bridge either.

Don't disable his trucks or anything vindictive like that. He made a business decision, and I'm sure it was a hard one, but that's what good business people do every day.

Be a man and don't act like a child. I'm sure you did a great job. Don't screw it up. Walk away knowing you worked hard, and made it a better place. It sounds like you are a hard worker with a good attitude. Focus on the positive and forget the rest.

black
    98 WS6

that's life man. get used to it. I sympathise with you but that's just how it is.
    I would have started looking for another job the moment my boss sold the joint.

impulse blue
    06 GTO

Sorry for your luck. Perhaps he saw your spelling skills and got scared like I did.

J/K

pie
    free

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Don't disable his trucks or anything vindictive like that. He made a business decision, and I'm sure it was a hard one, but that's what good business people do every day.

Be a man and don't act like a child. I'm sure you did a great job. Don't screw it up. Walk away knowing you worked hard, and made it a better place. It sounds like you are a hard worker with a good attitude. Focus on the positive and forget the rest.
    I agree. It's easy to be bitter when these kinds of things happen, you're a better person if you can just walk away.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

Quote Originally Posted by flat-top View Post
    Sorry for your luck. Perhaps he saw your spelling skills and got scared like I did.

J/K
    Yeh I know my spelling sucks, i'm in school for it right now, like im just waiting for my ride home.....can't drive need some gas money. I do have a good work attitued and always try my hardest at what i do. You guys are right I shouldn't do anything to vandalize the trucks but man.....it would feel hella good

I didn't look for another job before, because everything was fine. I was told after the new boss came into play I would still have a job open for myself.
    I took a 16hour class with the new owner to be foodsafe sertified,though out the whole times he was asking me my imputs and what should be done and how it should be......now i look at it he used me a hella lot. not cool.
    When i go home im going to go talk to the shop managers at the ford dealership and chevy. The chevy manager lives right in back of my place and im sooo envious of his garage...or i should say a small house.The door of the garage is like 34' feet!It is huge!!! I interned at the ford dealership for afew days when i was in high school and he offered me a job after i got out , might go take him up on it.

Anyways, i need to find a job fast...or one thats worth it for me to take.....arg!! why do people hae to be dicks?? The new boss even offered to take me shooting with him!

~side note i actuly have time to do my school work since midterms are next week~
    What shall i do... what a hard questoin(already lookin in the pappers for jobs and shit)

see I am working on my spelling

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

With your experience I would think about any restaurant would want to hire you.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Shalom Shlomo, sweet im not the only jew on here anymore lol

black
    1987 chevy camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    With your experience I would think about any restaurant would want to hire you.
    Yeh most places would be i have to want to work in the resturant also. I Have side jobs like working with a food servise crew that caters(sp?) weddings, party, events.....there was a wedding on super bowl sunday!!!!! who does that the dude must be whipped already!

I still need a full time job, just dont know what I want...

shalom to you too

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Go get another job. As long as your in the service industry at that level you are subject to be treated like shit as the perception from the owners is they can replace you. You do not want to be a commodity. Night school etc. will give you the skills to get a specialized carrer going and this kind of treatment stops.
    god bless sarge, man, speechless..

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Best advice by far

alloy
    2008 GT 500

if he didn't hire you, just go collect unemployment for a bit and find a good job

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Sounds like you were on the right track at the job before the former owner decided to sell. However, you really need to work on the spelling. Scared me too. Don't do anything stupid to the new owners business, btw, you will regret it if caught. Would be fun, but you know....anyway sounds like you will have a good future, you work ethic sounds right especially satisfiying the damn public!

black
    1987 chevy camaro

I have stated in the past posts, that I am working on my spelling, I also decided i wasnt gona do anything to vandalize anything eles .....their is just no point.I know i am better than that.
    I'm not looking to act like a child; ive realized that i shouldn;t and all that good stuff. i have a verygood friend that helped me out an extreem amount since this started and is one of the best people i know.

Everyone gives good advise that i'm tryin to follow ...tomorow i have to hand in my keys to the store and the two trucks. hopfuly that will go well.

Guess my build up of my car will be pushed farther back. also no more packages every week or 2 from different vendors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information