Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I have

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So I have

crabs
    haha I just got contacts today because I kept losing my glasses or they would eventually scrape up. So when the hell do these things stop being so damn irritating? Some wisdom for the newb is much appreciated.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

can you see any better?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

No they are irritating the eyes a bit and when looking at the screen it looks a little blurry. Supposedly it is my eye being irritated but I have a week to get adjusted and tell the doc if it gets better or not.

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)
    Searching for LS1 TransAm

I used to wear contacts, they bothered the hell outta me.

Everybody told me i would get used to them but i never did! So i just NEVER wore them again(i wasnt that blind anyway)

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by raytx1 View Post
    I used to wear contacts, they bothered the hell outta me.

Everybody told me i would get used to them but i never did! So i just NEVER wore them again(i wasnt that blind anyway)
    not what I want to hear. I can't see that well.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You could have dry eyes. I use to be able to wear contacts all day with no probs but lately my eyes are dry as shit

blue
    1975 camaro

ive had mine in for a week and they feel like i have eyelashes stuck in my eyes. i can see good but man i cnt stop wanting to rub them

Black
    99 Z28

It takes a few days or a week or so.

hard or soft?

Some people say that soft are more comfortable, but I hate the soft contacts and I cant see very well with them.

The hard contacts I have worn for the last 20 years or so have been pretty okay.

My only complaint before was that the contacts are smaller and at night my pupils would dialate bigger than the size of the contact so it always felt like I was looking through a tunnel or something. They started making bigger contacts and now I don't notice it as much.

Give 'em a little while.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I got the soft ones I never got contacts because I hated the idea of touching my eyeballs-still do. I do have dry eyes and I am doubly afraid to rub them now that I have something sitting on my eyeball. It has been 3 hours and it is starting to feel a little better.

2011 Prius

Took me about about a week... I stopped wearing them, when they fell out going down I4, I could not see the damn sighs...

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

I have been wearing them since I was about 14. At first they told me to only wear them for 4 hours or so and then over the course of a week increase the time I had them in until I could wear them all day. It really helped my eyes adjust. That and get some rewetting drops they help a ton with irritation. Oh and one more thing, make sure you clean them really well. That could also be a reason they are irritating your eyes so much.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sirenformula350 View Post
    I have been wearing them since I was about 14. At first they told me to only wear them for 4 hours or so and then over the course of a week increase the time I had them in until I could wear them all day. It really helped my eyes adjust. That and get some rewetting drops they help a ton with irritation. Oh and one more thing, make sure you clean them really well. That could also be a reason they are irritating your eyes so much.
    +1, and dont sleep with them in! Even if it says you can don't make a habit of it! will increase the life of contacts and gives your eyes a break. Took me about a wk to get used to them being in and about a month to get used to touching my eyeball.
    Beyond that if the solution you are using burns your eyes try a different one. Every brand is just a little different.
    Last edited by dr_ws6_00; 01-14-2010 at 04:28 AM.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ws6_00 View Post
    +1, and dont sleep with them in! Even if it says you can don't make a habit of it! will increase the life of contacts and gives your eyes a break. Took me about a wk to get used to them being in and about a month to get used to touching my eyeball.
    Beyond that if the solution you are using burns your eyes try a different one. Every brand is just a little different.
    uh huh, wearing contacts in a combat zone is a no no hahaha, they bitched at my brigade about that forever to not wear them and stuff and some people still do one girl got pink eye or some bs cause she was wearing them looked like somebody took a big dump in her right eye hahahaha laughed every time i seen her even hit the ground a couple times.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

call your dr and ask about eye drops (optive). i've been wearing contacts for 13 years and i just recently started having really irritated eyes only when i have my contacts in. my dr gave me eye drops to put in 4x a day anytime its less than 40* outside or windy. and it made a world of difference. you can get optive at walgreens, but usually the dr will give you some for free iif you ask

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Thanks for the info guys all the doc gave me was some cleaning solution so I will check out the eye drops.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

12 mins to put these on-i'm a little bitch.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys all the doc gave me was some cleaning solution so I will check out the eye drops.
    There is a difference between cleaning solution and regular solution...some cleaners require you to rinse the contacts with a different solution because it has peroxide in it. Read the back of the bottle, accidentally used the stuff with peroxide in it to rinse once....WOW it burned. Good luck.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ws6_00 View Post
    There is a difference between cleaning solution and regular solution...some cleaners require you to rinse the contacts with a different solution because it has peroxide in it. Read the back of the bottle, accidentally used the stuff with peroxide in it to rinse once....WOW it burned. Good luck.
    Thanks for the heads up, he gave me some stuff that you can use straight to the eye, the stuff he gave to me was the stuff we were practicing.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    12 mins to put these on-i'm a little bitch.
    I remember those days.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by sirenformula350 View Post
    I remember those days.
    Got better or worse?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information