Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

So i has a problem

Im in the process of buying a car i really really really want and its too good of a deal for me to pass up on it. But the only problem i have right now is hes having to put a mechanics lean against the car in order for him to get the title(long story). I was wondering if any of you knew a way i could shorten up or hurry the process along for him and make it quicker. I dont really want to wait for 3 months to get the car if theres a way for me to not have to.

Advice would be stellar.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Bump gents, any ideas?

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Considering in most states this has to be done through either the courts or DMV, Im sure the people involved have to be notified and given so many days to respond just like any other bad debt. I would look up NC law on mechanics leins and see what it says.

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

Well for one, what kind of ride you talking about?

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS-6

Buy mine instead!!!

Door-To-Door Pipelayer DJ Red Barron's Avatar

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

Do you know the seller? If not, you might want to move on from this deal. I hear this is a new scam people are doing. Basically they put a mechanic lien on a car. Someone at the DMV issues a new title. Car gets sold. Later on, the place it's financed through finds the car and they come take it back. Their lien supersedes the labor lien and you lose your ride.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Red Barron View Post
    Do you know the seller? If not, you might want to move on from this deal. I hear this is a new scam people are doing. Basically they put a mechanic lien on a car. Someone at the DMV issues a new title. Car gets sold. Later on, the place it's financed through finds the car and they come take it back. Their lien supersedes the labor lien and you lose your ride.
    Now that is just wrong. You spend your hard earned money to have your dream car only to have it taken away on a technicality.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Its not a scam i know the guy kinda, ive gone and seen the car hes fought with the lean company to keep the car. It was his friends car and he fixed it and added a few things and his friend cut bait and left the car and all he wants back is the cash he out into it. Its a 1998 Trans Am WS6 with 80k miles and a brand new transmission. It was in for transmission work and a stall converter. Car is clean besides it needing tail lights. Deal is on the up and up and its going in my garage when i buy it. After i have the title clean they cant take it anyway, its illegal. The law in NC is as long as they cant get to it and drop a bar behind it and take it away its yours. The guy who had the lean against the car said it was a waste of his time to come out and look at the car and the guy could do whatever the hell he wants. Sooo im just sitting here waiting patiently.

Edit: The guy said he used to have someone that would push it through DMV quicker, thats all im looking for. The cars located "out in the boonies" so it wont take long for it to shoot through the courts. Ive driven the car and its soild, it just needs to be cleaned up a good bit. Thanks for the offer ronnie but this cars about 9k cheaper then yours lol.

Further Edit: This is to replace my 1995 Z-28 Camaro a lady totaled that i also posted about.
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 06-05-2009 at 10:05 PM.

White
    '10 ZR1

Pay the bill yourself, and have him take that amount of money off of the purchase price.

If you do this, have a lawyer draw up a contract, and have it notarized.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

^ This doesn't help the fact it will still have no title at the time and if it mucks up i do lose the car then. Also ive payed the amount due and he could release the car back out to the original owner and i have no leg to stand on considering the ownership by the previous title owner will have ownership on the car again voiding any legal paperwork set up.

Edit: The company with the lein against the car doesn't even want to look at it. His friend who owed him the money doesn't want it and told him to do the f*ck he wants with it pretty much.
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 06-06-2009 at 06:47 PM.

white
    99 Trans am

if mechanic is still in contact with previuos owner and said previous owner wants nothing to do with car, why won't the owner sign over the title to the mechanic? Oh, because there is another lien on the car from a finance co. Supposedly said finance co wants nothing to do with this car either? sounds like scam to me! What finance co does not want their money or collatoral back?

Red
    1999 Trans Am

If you saw what the car looked like and knew how much he was charging them for storage. Its not a scam people, ive been out seen the car and talked to the guy. Tis no scam. So stop the scam talk not to mention there are a bunch of people on Horsepower junkies waiting on the car if i dont want it. He has 25 cars out there that hes working on and or have been left there that no ones came back for that hes getting rid of. He doesnt have the space to leave them sitting around so hes getting rid of the ones he knows will sell. Hes selling a 91 Vette and a 93 camaro z-28 the same way.

Besides if it was a scam wouldnt he be trying to get the money NOW instead of going to the dmv with me to sign over the title of a car in up to 3 months only to make what he owes other people for parts he used on said car to fix it as well as paying 500 bucks to get a mechanics lean on the car?
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 06-07-2009 at 03:13 PM.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

But as mentioned above, the previous owner (regardless of whether or not he wants nothing to do with car) probably has it financed. which is why the mechanic is putting a lean on it. And, as soon as the finance company gets tired of waiting for payment, there going to come after that car.

Black
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    But as mentioned above, the previous owner (regardless of whether or not he wants nothing to do with car) probably has it financed. which is why the mechanic is putting a lean on it. And, as soon as the finance company gets tired of waiting for payment, there going to come after that car.
    Se if you can get with the owner and pay off the finance co. so that his credit doesn't take a hit, get the title and pay off the mechanic and you should have a clear title. It may not end being as good a deal as it looks like now once you find out what is owed on the car.

or by it for peanuts and part it out (illegal as hell)

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Thats the deal they dont want to even come and look at the car. Hes called them and they said it was a waste of their time to come out and get it. As i understand it they can come and get the car if they can find it till it goes to court. They have to show for the court date if they want the car, if they dont the car belongs to him free and clear and he can sell it to whom ever he wants to. The previous owner of the car owes the company the money with or without the car, they dont need the car to get the money from him and the cars not worth enough if they sell it to make up what they lost from him not paying or paying the mechanic what theyd have to in order to get the car.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I don't know if it's a scam, BUT something does NOT sound straight here.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...ad.php?t=84315 car.

If it ends up with me with a clean and clear title i dont really care so much.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Welp. If there are ABSOLUTELY no issues, then go for it. Just don't go into something you're gonna punch yourself in the nuts for later on.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Well it seems completely straight up, ive talked to the guy, hes straight edge and ive gone and talked to him, everything is exactly like i have said and i was just looking for a process to get it through the DMV more quickly. Ive looked at the car and everything he said would be there is there. Theres no reason to believe hes going to take me for anything.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I wonder if he reported it stolen or a total loss? I know there are scams up here in NJ where folks will report a car stolen to collect insurance money. That would be the only reason the ins company wants nothing to do with it. They don't want the paperwork hassle. I don't know if DMV will retitle it as a "repo" or "salvage" if they don't have all the info about said vehicle. Keep us posted though. This is interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information