Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

So I go into a "speed shop" today.....

So I move into town about 6 months ago and really do not know the area well. Yesterday was the most gorgous day of the year, so I obviously take out my girlfriend for a ride with the t-tops off. We are exploring and we come across this speed shop. I was pretty excited because I have a place in town where I can now get advice, buy some parts, do a tune or whatever. So today I decided to go check it out and see what it is about. I walk in and it is ricer heaven. Like If a stupid ricer died he would end up here. There were wings, clear tailights, body kits, rims, NOS and all kinds of stupid shit. Not to mention PLENTY of sitckers. So I go up to the guy and ask him, "is this an import shop"? He was like no, not really... So I am looking around and I walk up to the guy and am like do you have any parts for a WS6?? He goes noooo we don't have anything for those cars, we do mostly civics, accords, and acuras. So I am like would have have any headers? He goes we can order them. I go do you have pacesetters? He does those are bottom of the barrel crap, why would you want them? I was like, I really don't think they are that bad. So he goes, well I can get them but only for Mustangs and Camaros. I looked at him and was like....uh well I have a Trans Am. He goes oh, what year? So I then said nevermind and walked out. Stupid guy did not even know what a WS6 was. Fun story, thought I would share.

Can we get a rice bomb smilie? Wow!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

bottom of the barrel crap lol...............what does that make a big ole fart can ?????

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Pacesetters really are trash for most any other car.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

sounds typical for a " ricer" shop .....u shouldnt be to surprised

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Once i walked in door i would walk back out LOL!

Black
    , 2007 CBR600RR

yeah.. I would have walked in... Either a)Puked or b)killed myself.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by state69champ View Post
    yeah.. I would have walked in... Either a)Puked or b)killed myself.
    Option B would have been nice.

Red
    2001 ws6

ya, mr lous is correct, pacesetters are shit for most other models, and personally to me for our cars as well, SS is the way to go IMO

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea last time I walked into one of those shops, some guy was trying to talk me into getting an eclipse because they were "fast"

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Did you do a nice huge burnout in their parking lot as you left?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

one time i walked in one of those shops and i got forced to buy a light up shiftknob at gunpoint. it was horrible

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

No, I did not do a burn out but I should have walked him out to show him what a real car looks like. I was just laughing because he was an idiot.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

yeah those places are bad about the inports. but thats where alot of money comes from.
    Click for full size

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Did you happen to notice if his name was Brian Earl Spillner?

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by NJ2002WS.6 View Post
    I go do you have pacesetters? He does those are bottom of the barrel crap, why would you want them?
    That kind of shit drives me up a wall. When i go into a place and ask for a specific part i have already determined that is what i want. Don't try to talk me into something else. If i go into a store and say "i need an air filter" then you can try to bump me up to a k&n if you want and i'm cool with that because i was just asking for an air filter with no specific brand in mind. But if i go into a place and say i want a holly air filter and you start telling me to get a k&n instead i'll tell you once to get what i want and if you still argue i leave and go online.

Cocksuckers at autozone used to always do that. Anything i would try to buy that would try to get me to buy another brand or model. It could even be the same price as the other thing but they want you to get it just because that is the type they have on their car or some shit.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

kthxbye

where in nj?

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by NJ2002WS.6 View Post
    Stupid guy did not even know what a WS6 was.
    That is better than the people that know "too much" about your car. I put "too much" is quotes because that is code for "they know jack shit about it but they think they do".

I pull up in a GN and the guy behind the counter goes:

"Oh that's a nice looking monte! My girlfriend's dad's sister's cousin's best friend's uncle's nephew's daughter's boyfriend's dad had one just like it! He took me for a ride once and put a $100 dollar bill on the dash and said if i could grab it i could keep it. He floored it and i couldn't grab the damn thing! I couldn't believe it that thing was fast!"

On a side note it's amazing how many times i've heard that exact same story.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post

"Oh that's a nice looking monte! My girlfriend's dad's sister's cousin's best friend's uncle's nephew's daughter's boyfriend's dad had one just like it! He took me for a ride once and put a $100 dollar bill on the dash and said if i could grab it i could keep it. He floored it and i couldn't grab the damn thing! I couldn't believe it that thing was fast!"

Whats the big deal? What if I was that guys girlfriend's dad's sister's cousin best friend's unclse nephew's daughter boyfriend dad? I do that to people all the time. Did the guy behind the counter look like a little nerdy kid with shit load of pimples and drove a geo metro?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Pacesetters really are trash for most any other car.
    I agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    one time i walked in one of those shops and i got forced to buy a light up shiftknob at gunpoint. it was horrible
    You should put it on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    That is better than the people that know "too much" about your car. I put "too much" is quotes because that is code for "they know jack shit about it but they think they do".

I can tell you first hand I have a 4 speed car that I would do it with my life's savings and guarantee you won't be able to grab it. But what I am sure of is that you could take a piece of paper and draw me the shape of the spring wire's that was just digging in your back.

I agree totally though that most have Never even went for a ride in a car that had that much power,hook,or weight transfer to plant them in the seat like that let alone the the ones that say they owned one.

Speed Shops are hit and miss. Some have VERY smart knowledgeable counter sales where as many don't due to the fact they don't pay shit or have any benefits so why would anyone be worth a shit their............?
    Unfortunately as others have said imports is where the money is at right now for the Hi-Performance car parts market.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information