Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

So I was in an accident on I-35 today....

Well, its the first multi-car accident I've ever been driving in before... luckily, nobody was hurt.

We were heading back from the Austin mall on I-35 northbound... we had just jumped on the access road to bypass an accident, then gotten back on the interstate when it happened... I was driving my sisters Sonata in the right hand lane when we came up on an on-ramp with a ton of cars getting on the road... now their lane went on for at LEAST another 1000ft, so there was plenty of time for them to find a spot and merge. Just as I am passing a white SUV I notice it start to move over at me(or it might have been cassie that noticed first, niether one of us remembers that part exactly). So I ease off to the left... he keeps coming, I go some more, and THATs when I see the red mini van swerve out of my way into the far left lane(this was 3 lanes + the onramp lane), at this point I'm halfway into her lane, the SUV is halfway into my lane(and STILL not noticing whats going on), and thats when the van fishtailed... I look back to the left and see the front of the van... I realized that it was coming back in my direction(fast) and I dodged back to the right.... right into the fucking SUV... just grazed it really because I was almost in front of it by this point(the SUV was also trying to merge without going the speed limit).

The last part of the accident I remember seeing before I "broke free" of the carnage was the van spin back the other way and go into the wall. Apparently they got VERY lucky at that point... the lady in the van only bounced off the divider wall with the front and rear passenger side bumpers, and only spun one time before she caught it... without rolling it. I was really impressed... it was VERY nearly a bad bad situation there.... she had 5 kids and her mother riding in the van with her. Nobody was hurt. Amazing.... it had REALLY looked like she was going to eat the wall headon... so so lucky

So that leaves the dumbass in the SUV who started all this. Guess what kind of person it was? GUESS!!! I really thought I had escaped old-fart retarded drivers when I left Florida... guess what, I was fuckin WRONG! The guy was in his late 60's and had fucking hand tremors(and I dont mean the shakes from the accident... he always has tremors). So, also luckily for me, the lady in the van had seen what happened(why i shot into her lane) and backed up my story when the cops came. The old fart tried to tell us and the cops that he hadn't hit anybody, he had just stopped because he was a witness. I proceeded to point out the dent in his drivers side fender and the blue paint rubbed into it... (guess what color my sisters car is?) and then I pointed out the white paint down the side of my sisters car.

Then, he changed his story to that *I* cut HIM off, and that I came from the middle lane(the lane the VAN was in) to the right lane(which I was in the entire time) that he says HE was in... He also said he never saw the van(so if he didnt hit me, and he didnt see the van crash, why did he pull over?).... it didn't take the cops much to figure out what really happened... he got cited as being at fault(no actual ticket though, but with any luck the insurance company will drop his old ass) and the cop told us to go home...

Oh... the damage to my sisters car is VERY minor... considering the actual dent in the SUV I figured we would be worse off... but there is a LITTLE bit of white paint down the doors(that rubs out... it didnt get through the clearcoat), and the part that dented his SUV... was the DOOR HANDLE. That shit didnt even break or anything, its just all scratched up and mostly white now... didn't even crack, lol. Oh, and another testament to how(relatively) smoothly things went... both of the kids in the back seat were slept through the entire thing... they were still snoring away after we pulled over.

I have picture of the damage on my phone... I'll upload them when I get the chance.... that shit was crazy. Including our accident we saw FIVE accidents within 10miles of each other on the interstate... it was DANGEROUS out there for some reason or another... sheesh. I'm gonna go drink a beer now, K BYE

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Least you weren't in the maro..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

glad everyone is ok-i'd need a bottle of whiskey after that day.
    Last edited by c5z28; 08-17-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Yea.... I don't think I could have avoided it even if I had been in the camaro... It was one of those things where you just literally had NOWHERE to fuckin go... I was going about 5-10mph faster then the SUV when it cut over, but it was just far enough ahead of me that hitting the brakes would have only slowed me down to its speed when it hit me... fucktard didn't use his signal either...

Ugh... honestly everything came out fine in the end, but that old fart pisses me off... getting old enough where you lose the ability to drive is just as dangerous as driving drunk, except that eventually you get less drunk, not less old.

Sarge, the first time I hear about you dosing off and taking out a schoolbus with Opera I'm taking your keys!!! ......hopefully while you are still out cold and dont know who stole them

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Glad to see your alright

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

At

Thread Information