Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

So a guy on one of my photography forums has......

A turbo 240SX with 23PSI!! 23 freaking PSI! He says it runs mid 11s. I asked him why he didn't just start with a car that was fast to begin with and he called me a few choice names. That was an honest question though. If you're going to spend a ton of money modding a car to make it go fast, doesn't it stand to reason that you should START with a fast car?? What would a 23PSI turbo setup make an Fbody or Mustang run? I hate ricers.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Because they look cool, so that makes me wonder what the hell people are doing with those civic hatchbacks?

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

my buddys puts out 400 hp to the rear wheels, forge motor, fat cams, and big turbo, he has $6000 in the whole car, thats with buying it. not bad really, since if have $4000 in a rear end and exhaust. but still not my cup of tea. i still beat him

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Everyone has their own preference. That is the fun part to build a car up to it's potential. You wouldn't want to go to the track and see nothing but Camaro's would you? I'd rather see Camaro's with different builds/generations against different cars, or just different cars period.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I see nothing wrong with a rwd car, especially one so light and good handling. May not be a v8 but I sure as shit wanted one when gas was so expensive (still is when you get 10mpg...)

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

comes down to individual preference and what peole grew up with/social media etc.

2011 Prius

Those 4 bangers are the new muscle/pony cars...

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

there's an LSX 240 being built in my class right now. it's going to be ridiculous. he's not running a turbo though. there's quite a few crazy turbo 240s around STL, very cool cars IMHO

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

23 psi is actually a VERY tame boost level, with what alot of tuners can do...i knew of a guy that lives a few hours from me that had a 2003 mitsubishi evo 8....he was pushing 53 psi thru that some bitch..granted the motor was built for it and could handle it, but he also put down 1100 whp with it...it was nuts

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

I have respect for anyone who takes any car 4cyl or 8cyl and gets it into the 11's or 10's or faster. It's the assholes who mod the shit out of their cars on the outsize and do nothing or minimal to the performance mod. They think there are the shit because in their eyes they LOOK fast, so they must me fast.

I used to have the same persona when I seen turboed civics and such. why spend all that money and you can get a fast car from the begining. Now I have different view on it. If you take a 16 second car and make it run 11's, then you have my respect. It takes a lot more to achive that. Sure its easy to slap a H/C on our cars and we can run 11's all day, but think about how much work that person put into their cars just to break into 11's.

Like I said before, if you make your car look like shit on the outside, then you are a RICER. If you make your car run 11's and it looks like a car like it should, then you are a tunner. Its simple logics.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I like the silvia's personally, and I have a friend that is a big tuner fan instead of the ricer type. He has a civic that has 300 fwh and its pretty freakin quick for what it is I wont never disrespect that car that from the factory makes 140 horsepower and the person builds it to have twice, expecially when it tickles your balls when you lay into it.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The 240/Silvias are very popular with the import crowd. I like them too. I wouldn't mind an S14/angry-eye myself. Some folks will upgrade to an RB20DET, RB26DETT(Skyline GTR motor) or do an LSx swap. Pretty nice cars IMO.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    I have respect for anyone who takes any car 4cyl or 8cyl and gets it into the 11's or 10's or faster. It's the assholes who mod the shit out of their cars on the outsize and do nothing or minimal to the performance mod. They think there are the shit because in their eyes they LOOK fast, so they must me fast.

I used to have the same persona when I seen turboed civics and such. why spend all that money and you can get a fast car from the begining. Now I have different view on it. If you take a 16 second car and make it run 11's, then you have my respect. It takes a lot more to achive that. Sure its easy to slap a H/C on our cars and we can run 11's all day, but think about how much work that person put into their cars just to break into 11's.

Like I said before, if you make your car look like shit on the outside, then you are a RICER. If you make your car run 11's and it looks like a car like it should, then you are a tunner. Its simple logics.
    My thoughts exactly!

silver
    2002 ws6

to hell with ricers and their panties!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    expecially when it tickles your balls when you lay into it.
    Does the fart can buzz that bad? You can do that on a v8 with turbo mufflers or flowmasters and no crossover too. Ask me how I know

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

240SX is the perfect drift car.

They have "Drift and Drags" all the time at Firebird. When I get tired of running I watch the drifters. There was a guy with a LS1 in an RX7 and the guy with the boosted 240 hung with him every lap.

if I was gonna do a ricer it would be either an RX or a 240.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My best friend has a Mercury Marauder with a stock, yes stock, 4.6L motor. He has a Whipple 3.4L S/C on it running 26psi, yes 26psi

He ran a 10.80 without spraying it. Has 2-10lb bottles in the trunk.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

It's covered in stickers and a wing and vinyl....

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    My best friend has a Mercury Marauder with a stock, yes stock, 4.6L motor. He has a Whipple 3.4L S/C on it running 26psi, yes 26psi

He ran a 10.80 without spraying it. Has 2-10lb bottles in the trunk.
    Is his name lawdog?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel P. View Post
    Is his name lawdog?
    I don't know what he goes by on his forums, but his real first name is Zack. He owns a few Marauders, (2) 59 Cadillacs, and a Roush Mustang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information