Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Silver
    2002 WS6

So this is "DONE"? I call BS!

posted on a few other boards but im that pissed! I get the call Friday that my car is done and I'm not able to go and pick it up till Tuesday because of work. Well my brother sees the car and says I'm not gonna be happy and sends me some pics, he was right. This morning I get up and go "check out my car" while the shop is closed because the car is out front. Let it be known I'm not happy and they have had the car for a MONTH AND A HALF!! :bang:unch:

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2575
    Accident pics

day i bought it
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142778

a chip in the hatch they tried to "cover up" with touch up paint

Last edited by gav91183; 01-31-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Silver
    2002 WS6

this is what it looked like

Last edited by gav91183; 01-31-2011 at 03:58 AM.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I'm not a body man, but if I were making the repairs to that bird, I would make damn sure EVERYTHING lined up after all my hard work.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Crap job. Rookies or lazy or do not know what they are doing.
    I tore up my GTO. Went sideways into a electrical transformer. Body shop gave it back to me immaculate. Immaculate is what the insurance compnay paid for and it is all I will accept.

If your insurance company is paying for it tell them. I gurantee you the insurance adjuster will not accept that.
    If you are paying on your own....makes it easier....do not accept sub-standard work. Period.

Silver
    2002 WS6

its the other guys insurance (allstate) Im sure if they saw that they would be pretty pissed off to since THATS what they paid for and its been so long. Allstate has been paying for me to rag out a Chevy HHR for the last 1.5 months and we will be almost 2 here shortly

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Even better. They will suck butt to get a release. You aint signing a release until your car is repaired to "specs"....and that is not to specs I assure you.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Those lil HHR's do great doughnuts in the mud dont they?

Silver
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Those lil HHR's do great doughnuts in the mud dont they?
    lol got some nice body roll.. and transmission now "clicks" hahahaive put like 2500 HARD miles on it

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Does that shop normally have a good rep? With wrecks I fully realize that its really hard for places to get everything perfect, and they really just wanna get the car in and out.......... But thats embarassingly poor work. Totally unacceptable. The whole job has to be redone again, only I'd want it done at another place and this job footing the bill.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

wife was rear ended back in 04,the body shop had to replace both taillamps,well,they installed 1 new light on the right and a dingy used one on the left,wife was pissed and told them to get that crap off and install a new light on the left,can't believe they tried to pass crap like that off,very easy to see the difference.your rear bumper is not installed correctly that's why the is a gap under the lights and at the ends by the tires,piss poor paint too,chipping before you even take the car back,probably too little flex agent in the paint mix,the front bumper on my wife's ceta was painted with too little flex agent and the paint is flaking off in spots,your rear bumper will do the same if not painted correctly.plastic is much different to paint than metal and good body shops know how to paint different material properly

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

As a dealership tech, I've lost track of how many awful body shop repair jobs i've seen and on top of the appearance being terrible, the work BEHIND what the customer sees is a total disaster. Besides the shitty parts, sloppy work, rig jobs, the cars never drive properly. Electrical stuff doesnt work. I hate body shops. They bang out people and insurance so hard, make all this money and then when the car is fucked they tell people to take it to the dealer. A lot of the time we get these cars in and the customer doesnt even tell us it was in an accident, we can see it and then ask them. Then they get pissed. Well take it back to the awful body shop.

black black black
    77 swb

I can only see two photos at the bottom and didn't get to see before pictures but it is likely that the rear body and or frame rails of the car are still damaged. Often when the rear body panel is pushed in from the rear it will pull your quarter panels closer to each other. With the way the bumper fits at the corners below the tail lights that likely is the problem that creates all the poor gaps.

The way the right side of the hatch sits low would give me a stroke if I missed that and you brought it back (all other quality issues aside)

Which is why I could never be an airline mechanic. I can imagine leaving work to go home and finding a screw in my pocket.............where the hell does that go? Too stressful for me.

black black black
    77 swb

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    As a dealership tech, I've lost track of how many awful body shop repair jobs i've seen and on top of the appearance being terrible, the work BEHIND what the customer sees is a total disaster. Besides the shitty parts, sloppy work, rig jobs, the cars never drive properly. Electrical stuff doesnt work. I hate body shops. They bang out people and insurance so hard, make all this money and then when the car is fucked they tell people to take it to the dealer. A lot of the time we get these cars in and the customer doesnt even tell us it was in an accident, we can see it and then ask them. Then they get pissed. Well take it back to the awful body shop.
    ON the other hand, I wouldn't buy a new car from ANY dealer unless I got to get it straight off of the freight car or ocean liner. I can't count how many times I saw dealerships repaint new cars in the parking lot under a tent.

I am finishing a new Kia suv rear body and floor. They sell the part with both frame rails and the rear body as one piece. It looks like half a car on a pallet.

After I am done with it, the only thing that anyone with a trained eye might catch will be the seam sealer.........if they have another one next to it to compare it to.

It actually looked like it might be easier to replace the WHOLE thing but I removed the new floor pan and rear body in one piece and will weld it properly (you wouldn't believe how many people can't use a f@#$% mig welder properly)

I just feel better leaving factory frame rails intact.

Silver
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bodyman5000 View Post
    I can only see two photos at the bottom and didn't get to see before pictures but it is likely that the rear body and or frame rails of the car are still damaged. Often when the rear body panel is pushed in from the rear it will pull your quarter panels closer to each other. With the way the bumper fits at the corners below the tail lights that likely is the problem that creates all the poor gaps.

The way the right side of the hatch sits low would give me a stroke if I missed that and you brought it back (all other quality issues aside)

Which is why I could never be an airline mechanic. I can imagine leaving work to go home and finding a screw in my pocket.............where the hell does that go? Too stressful for me.
    I don't know if its because of photobucket or not but here at the other links to threads for all the above.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142778
    befores

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/pontia...nded-bird.html
    Accident pics

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/paint-...i-call-bs.html
    Paint pics

Silver
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    This was a dealership Classic Chevrolet in Texas. THATS why Im pissed!

black
    1998 transam ws6

i would be pissed to!!!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Throw a bitch fit until that is corrected.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by gav91183 View Post
    This was a dealership Classic Chevrolet in Texas. THATS why Im pissed!
    Don't the dealerships just send the car to whatever local bodyshop they use? Usually word of mouth is the best way to find a good bodyshop...and a good dealer for that matter.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

whoaa just saw the pics that is some shit work

Silver
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Don't the dealerships just send the car to whatever local bodyshop they use? Usually word of mouth is the best way to find a good bodyshop...and a good dealer for that matter.
    well the dealership had their own body shop on site. I figured their reputation was better than my experience

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information