Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowmobiler's?

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

Snowmobiler's?

Since we've got snow now and the car is put away just about time to go sledding, thought i'd ask if anyone on here is getting ready for the same. Just ordered clutching for the sled today! i'm running a 10 nytro xtx.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    Since we've got snow now and the car is put away just about time to go sledding, thought i'd ask if anyone on here is getting ready for the same. Just ordered clutching for the sled today! i'm running a 10 nytro xtx.
    I ride like a mutha fucker........ I feel sorry for down south boys
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

We ride bikes and race cars over "winter". No loss

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    lol this

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    lol this
    I pity you guys I've raced TONS of cars, and rode/got crazy on TONS of bikes and nothing matches a sled.....aka Snowmobile Boondocking (aka: carving, sliding, etc....) is sick as shit! A sled will match if not beat our cars (F-Bodies) in acceleration depending on mods done either. Can't jump a rocket or car if you want to live unless your a pro and its set up. Car or bike won't go up a 60 degree incline unless its a dirt bike with a great rider. I've lived in GA and WI......throw VA in for 8 months and while I love the nice warmer weather year round, sleding is the bee's knees

EDIT: I don't condone people getting crazy in life, life should be boring and lame! Please exercise extreme caution when doing anything that could bring a smile to your face. By "TONS" I do not mean that I have been on 2000lbs of anything besides a car......never a 2000lb woman and especially not your mom J/P

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGiMOlqfIM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py69xMlLves[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YNc5SLY620[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOvbgiKFgNE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbuoPJGAu8g[/ame]

I could keep going for years apon years but if you don't ride......you may not get it!

EDIT: Not insulting anyone, not talking shit, I have been on bikes/cars/sleds to have a semi accurate judgement.....not saying anyone that responds hasn't

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    Back on topic, I don't ride anything that new, did get a chance to ride the 2010 Nytros at Yamaha's test and tune up in the U.P MI and liked the power and handling but hated the engine/brake......braking! Almost threw me over the handle bars from how good they braked. Better to stop then to plow into something and at the time I wasn't use to what they offered but that was my only complaint. Nice damn sled for sure

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I pity you guys I've raced TONS of cars, and rode/got crazy on TONS of bikes and nothing matches a sled.....aka Snowmobile Boondocking (aka: carving, sliding, etc....) is sick as shit! A sled will match if not beat our cars (F-Bodies) in acceleration depending on mods done either. Can't jump a rocket or car if you want to live unless your a pro and its set up. Car or bike won't go up a 60 degree incline unless its a dirt bike with a great rider. I've lived in GA and WI......throw VA in for 8 months and while I love the nice warmer weather year round, sleding is the bee's knees

EDIT: I don't condone people getting crazy in life, life should be boring and lame! Please exercise extreme caution when doing anything that could bring a smile to your face. By "TONS" I do not mean that I have been on 2000lbs of anything besides a car......never a 2000lb woman and especially not your mom J/P
    motocross is a three dimensional sport as well brah. Sledding seems fun too

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

motocross is a three dimensional sport as well brah. Sledding seems fun too
    I agree, I have 3 buds that race around the track on bikes......not close to pro or nothing, 1 is a 250 RMZ Suzuki and the other 2 ride 250 Hondas but all 2 agree (1 that rides a Honda doesn't ride a sled) that they like sledding better. The one with the Suzuki rides a stand up jetski and compares that to carving on a sled. They both said that dirtbike takes more endurance because of their heart rates pumping when doing table top jumps and shit. I have ridden their bikes before but after many crashes (I suck ) I find it better for me to have something with better balance like a sled

EDIT: I have lucked out enough not to get hurt while crashing so I won't push my luck......not that much

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

lol not saying that I never wanted to ride a sled lol, I have always wondered what it would be like to ride one just never have haha!!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

lol this
    Yeah we run quads and d-bikes up here year round snow or no snow. Snow mobile = useless..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Yeah we run quads and d-bikes up here year round snow or no snow. Snow mobile = useless..
    Yea same here, I mean shit its north carolina I dont even think the mountains here get enough snow during the year to justify buying one for personal use, maybe on the slopes and stuff but for regular people nahhh. But I will admit that they look like alot of fun if you get the right amount of snow.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Yea same here, I mean shit its north carolina I dont even think the mountains here get enough snow during the year to justify buying one for personal use, maybe on the slopes and stuff but for regular people nahhh. But I will admit that they look like alot of fun if you get the right amount of snow.
    Yeah last year was the only year in like 15 years we had enough snow to even ride a sled and we get lake effect sometimes off of Erie.. still not ehough to justify a sled.. Dirt bike and quads are way more versitile..

The videos were cool tho.. No offense to the op..

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Yeah last year was the only year in like 15 years we had enough snow to even ride a sled and we get lake effect sometimes off of Erie.. still not ehough to justify a sled.. Dirt bike and quads are way more versitile..

The videos where cool tho..
    Yea I wasnt here last year so I have no idea how much snow nc really got lol, as I was in the sandbox. But I am quite ready to see some of it this year, But I believe you are correct on the more versitile deal expecially here. And yea I liked the vids!!

White
    '10 ZR1

Have you ever seen snowmobiles go across an open/unfrozen lake while racing? It happens.

Useless? Think again.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbhed406BpM[/ame]

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

lol lmfao yes I have seen that but still can not justify spending that much money just to drive one across water lol.

White
    '10 ZR1

lol lmfao yes I have seen that but still can not justify spending that much money just to drive one across water lol.
    I'm not saying you should.

If I lived in NC, I wouldn't either - I'd have a boat(should anyway), jet-ski, motorcycle....

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I know when you get one stuck you will find yourself sweating even if it is below 0. We have snowmobile drag races here every year. Tons of people. Something southerners never see...a sign on highway saying "SNOWMOBILE CROSSING". Or a sign with a picture of a snowmobile on it. First snowfall, and any following snowfall. Snowmobiles driving down streets, hear them all night long.

But personally...screw snowmobiling, I'm gonna go buy me some lift tickets!!! They've started making snow already. Luos can vouch for me, for being Iowa, we have three really good snowboarding resorts.

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

I ride a 05 Ski-doo Mach Z 1000, it's a boat but crazy fast, the only downside is the weight, you sort of get used to throwing it around after a while. A few more weeks i'll take it out, right now we have only had a few dustings of snow.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Have you ever seen snowmobiles go across an open/unfrozen lake while racing? It happens.

Useless? Think again.

They make fast boats for that and I can stop and weigh anchor and do some fishin'.. Much more fun to catch fish than to fish for a sunkin' sled..

Seems like the hard way to make lawn ornaments.. jk
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-24-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information