Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snowed in......

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Snowed in......

I tried going out earlier, I just kept sinking. These pics don't even describe the intensity of this storm, it's like a complete white out, and the snow is like 10-12" deep at least, it's like 4wd didn't even really help me out this morning, it just dug me in deeper, so im stuck in the house i guess, sucks but what can ya do, they said this one's going in the record books out here, we haven't gotten this much snow in years.

Just like i said, those pics dont even do justice, it's so much worse if you see it in person, anybody else is being hit by snow on here today? Really sucks.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

10-12 inches is snowed in?

WTF

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I had to brush a little off the bottom stair...took about 15 sec

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

yea were waiting for that stuff, they said our area is going to get hit with 8-12" so we shall see. Good time for me to see how the ta handles some snow with these goodyear f1 all seasons as i usually put my snow tires on (blizzak's) and have no issues even in 10" of snow but due to the economy and having no reall extra cash to get new blizzaks im trying out the all season f1's that i have. Me thinks im going to get stuck in 3" with these tires on..

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

WTF
    I am sure it is a mess in big cities where they have no place to put the snow... we are in the 1-2 foot range of the storm.

9.62/140

11 in on the ground up here in Fredneck as of about an hour ago. I plowed my driveway to try & stay ahead of it.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Brian H Drifer View Post
    I am sure it is a mess in big cities where they have no place to put the snow... we are in the 1-2 foot range of the storm.
    Is Denver a small city?

We got hit with 24 inches already once this year, and 2 weeks later we got hit with 18 inches.
    Next to nothing got shut down around here. I had no problems getting around in the '01 Grand Ma GT.

Just funny to read posts like this one.
    OMG 10 inches of snow!!! Call in the National Guard!!!

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

Is Denver a small city?

We got hit with 24 inches already once this year, and 2 weeks later we got hit with 18 inches.
    Next to nothing got shut down around here. I had no problems getting around in the '01 Grand Ma GT.

ok, a big city that isn't use to getting much snow.

9.62/140

Lots of idiot drivers in the DC area. I won't get stuck or crash but some nimrod will run into me if I'm out on the roads.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

WTF
    Depends on where you are...around here they don't plow until the storm is over to save money. So yeah, I've been in a 4wd before with snow as deep or higher than front bumper and only thing keeping us going was weight in the bed. And you are a city boy...try going on a gravel road once. Two days after a bad storm they still haven't been touched. But all the 4wd trucks have rutted the snow to shit. It gets to the point where you want to say fuck this and throw the steering wheel out the window cause it's not going to do anything.

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

getting pretty bored sitting around the house... need to find something to do.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Is Denver a small city?

+1....I was driving around the Bird without any problems. The toughest spot to manuever was inside neighborhoods and getting out of park lol

NBM
    99 TA

thats fuck all... I wouldn't even bother using 4wd in that unless it was sheer ice underneath. You must have crap tires if you can't get around in that much snow

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

cars aren't gonna drive around in 2' of snow on back country roads with snow drifts that are 3 or 4 feet deep.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

We had a few showers here this morning.

brb taking pics of the damp asphalt and starting a thread about how it's flooding.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

i used to have no problem getting around in a LOT of snow... like 15+ inches here in NY with my Mark VIII in the winter of 2005. 225/60/16 all season yokohama tires. It had about 310hp/tq and once the roads were a little plowed it would get around just fine. I choose not to drive the hawk in the snow. I put it away on tuesday and away it shall stay until the nasty road salts are washed away in the spring.

Heck the Mark even plowed it's way out of some parking spaces on the hill I live on. I think the people who have the most problems have bald, old or improperly inflated tires.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Yes, you guys this is considered alot of snow out here in D.C., we haven't got snow like this since the 90's, i'm super bored, but i'm afraid to leave the house because of all these people who can't drive and freak out when it snows, makes the drive not fun/hectic so i might as well just stay in the house and wait until this crap dies down, probably the smarter thing to do anyways.

And my tires are not crap, well they could be better but not crap, maybe i was exaggerating a bit, it got through the snow fine, it sunk a few times this morning though, i mean the snow comes up to about where the fog lights are on the suburban, thats how deep it is. Well it's at least deep to me.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

You're just a kid...it's okay to be scared of driving in snow. One day you will be a man like the rest of us.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    You're just a kid...it's okay to be scared of driving in snow. One day you will be a man like the rest of us.
    meh, im not so much afraid of driving in the snow, it's the people who I have to drive in the snow with

Red
    2001 ws6

ya were supposed to get around 18'' tonight, agreed, people dont know how to drive in the snow

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information