Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Snow is inconvenient.

So I got to test out the T/A's snow/ice capabilities last night. Not fun. Driving cross country on the 40, hit snow in AZ...got spun out dodging a semi who tried to pass me and started sliding. Saved it, but was stuck cause of the ice and it was uphill...so I slid into the grass (snow wasnt too deep yet), and drove to the top of the hill off-road. Then discovered traffic was stopped because of two semis getting stuck side by side blocking both lanes. Sat in the snow for 8 hrs waiting on them to get moved. By this point it's almost midnight and snowing like crazy, so when we finally started moving again, I slid onto the Flagstaff exit, then slid through every stop sign/intersection before finally getting stuck in a hotel parking lot where I now have a room. It still hasnt quit snowing...at least the chinese place down the road delivers in this weather (hopefully...im still waiting).

It's official. I'm buying some form of 4x4 beater before next winter. Need a new dd anyway..tired of putting miles on the bird.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Daily drive mine also. Snow is rare here once or twice a yr where it actually acumalates. But my employees know if I can make it in they can too. Always fun to hear the defeat in their voice when I pickup the phone.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Get an older jeep like a YJ or even a XJ...XJ's are ugly but with decent tires they do good in the snow.

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

In Arizona I wouldn't expect snow to be an often occurrence, but every time I see a F-Body/Snow thread I always have to mention Blizzaks. They absolutely turn your F-Body into a 4x4, so to speak. Over the 3 years I driven mine in the snow I've never once got stuck and I find driving in it a lot of fun!

blue
    1999 TransAm

used to daily drive mine - don't miss driving it in the snow!

Thread Information