1966 Corvette Coupe

slim pickins in used car market

Im finally at that point in my car hunt that im looking for good deals... within the next month ill prolly be looking at reasonable deals...

and over the last few months ive noticed that t/a selection is terrible... well for me atleast...

all i want is a low mileage black m6 ws6... shouldnt be too hard... and it wouldnt be if i wanted to pay $26k for one... all the 99 30ths ive seen that are reasonable price are verts... or automatics... or $28k (i was expecting to pay more for just from collectability, but not that much)... or have that indy sticker ont he side... and i cant even find a blackbird... which i think is reasonable at $25 to $30k depending on miles, but i havent even seen one at $35k...

Ive tried around here... cant find anything... ive seen 4 lightenings, 5 vettes, and 3 mach 1's... one of which would be going home with me had it not been orange... i can find an 04 mach 1 with the interior upgrade package with 7k miles on it right down the road from me... and the dealer was already taking thousands off the price even though the car had only been there for 4 days... acutally he took about 1/5th off the price... but i cant find one of the 3 trans am im looking for at a price that isnt rediculusly over priced?

any idea where to look... put ".com" after these and youll know that i normally browse on the net: autotrader, cctol, cars, ls1, ls1tech, ls2, f-body, ebaymotors, and im sure im forgetting some...

im not asking for you to find one for me... just give me some sites that im leaving out...

bah humbug...
    Last edited by predator; 01-22-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

I had a hard time finding my car. I found some good deals on AutoTrader.com. The only reason I was able to get my car was because I knew the manager of the used car department. He had someone trade it in on a truck and called me immediatly. Had less than 50k miles on it so I couldent pass it up. Sometimes you just have to be patient and wait for somthing to come up. Just keep looking around and dont go for somthing your only half satisfied with.

Midnight Blue
    99' Trans Am

There was a black ws6 in Hot Springs. I saw it last week. My friend would probably sell his '01 or '02 black Trans Am. Its not a ws6 but he has headers on it.

It took me a long ass time to get my car, have patience. Stick with what you want, spring/summer is coming so you have plently of time to find one.

A4, but perfect in color, miles and price.
    You could do a M6 swap and put in a good Flywheel, and Clutch at the same time and still be under 25K.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441183

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Black ones are out there. Drove 500 miles one way to buy mine but it was exactly what I wanted and it was way under book with low miles. Found it on Autotrader. You can get a deal if you are willing to look outside your local area.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

sometimes you have to be willling to travel too. when i had mine up for sale for a bit [glad i changed my mind] i had a LOT of out-of-state inquiries and some were ready to buy it w/out even seeing or testing it first.

Impounded
    i cover my ears when people talk about how much they buy a used f-body for. because i bought it new and had to sell due to financial emergency. i dont want to say how much i lost on it

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

When you are looking for a specific car it just takes time and patience. Keep watching all your local papers and trader mags and one will show up!

Thread Information