Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: sleep issues

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

sleep issues

Anybody ever have them? For years I always slept like a rock and went to bed at a fairly reasonable time of 12 to 1, yeah late for most peoples standards but I'm naturally a night owl. I would go to bed after my eyes got heavy reading and then I would just be out till my alarm went off. Now with my job situation being different then it used to be, I'm a trainer at the Y now part time. Its not full time and im not making good money but its a check. Well 2 of these shifts start at 530 am when the psychos that have to workout before work come in. SOmething about knowing I have to get up at 5 am and me having a lot on my mind anyways and i dont sleep well the night before. Then when i get home I can easily take a nap during the day that ends up being too long. I don't want this to turn into problems with insomnia. Im hoping its just a matter of the 2 days totally setting my clock off the rest of the week. Does anybody else think its that? I'm sick of the other nights being wide awake at 4 am and then sleeping late.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I have had sleep issues for my entire life. I could put all the shifts I worked but that would put me to sleep Just give your body time to adapt. The old saying "adapt and overcome" fits this thread perfectly I believe.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I have had sleep issues for my entire life. I could put all the shifts I worked but that would put me to sleep Just give your body time to adapt. The old saying "adapt and overcome" fits this thread perfectly I believe.
    see part of it is the first 530 shift is tuesday, and the second is thursday. so they are pretty much mid week but thats a gap between the 2 which can totally set my clock off. Should i just accept the fact that i might not go to sleep for more then an hour or two the night before a 530 shift and then have to sleep when i get home at 8am? I do eventually get the sleep but everything is scrambled. Its not like i dont end up sleeping 7 or 8 hrs its just at fucked up times. I just dont like sleeping from 8 til 2 pm. Thats peak hours during the day. Then i can sleep normal the other days, but by that point my sleep clock is all fucked up. I could stay up till 4 or 5 easily and then get overtired. Once i get overtired forget it, i can stay up forever.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Its just so frustrating. I used to literally sleep like a rock, yeah i'd stay up, but when i decided it was time to crash i'd go right out. I think this is really pushing me to get another full time job even more then ever and tell the gym I can't handle 530 am hours its not good for me. But I do think that me having anxiety about a job situation period just compounds the whole situation. I'm a pretty skilled auto technician and at 26 yrs old technically at this moment i'm not going anywhere. That part has everything to do with everything going on with the economy and the auto industry has trickled down right into the dealers as well. Thats one thing I dont think people even realize about the monumental problem with the car business, it isnt just at the corporate level or at the manufacturing plants, everybody related to the automobile is feeling it.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Ahh I have the same problem. When I was in highschool I had to get up at 6am in the morning to be there by 7am. Every fucking night I could not go to bed-just was not tired went to sleep at around 2-3am by forcing myself and felt like shit during the day until it got late again.
    It sucks because it sounds like you need this job, you may try sleeping pills to go to bed earlier on those days. Sounds kind of drastic and I would ask a doctor but if it pays the bills it is defiantley better to get more sleep by going to bed earlier than being like a zombie for the day.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Anybody ever have them? For years I always slept like a rock and went to bed at a fairly reasonable time of 12 to 1, yeah late for most peoples standards but I'm naturally a night owl. I would go to bed after my eyes got heavy reading and then I would just be out till my alarm went off. Now with my job situation being different then it used to be, I'm a trainer at the Y now part time. Its not full time and im not making good money but its a check. Well 2 of these shifts start at 530 am when the psychos that have to workout before work come in. SOmething about knowing I have to get up at 5 am and me having a lot on my mind anyways and i dont sleep well the night before. Then when i get home I can easily take a nap during the day that ends up being too long. I don't want this to turn into problems with insomnia. Im hoping its just a matter of the 2 days totally setting my clock off the rest of the week. Does anybody else think its that? I'm sick of the other nights being wide awake at 4 am and then sleeping late.

are u talkin shit about the psychos that wake up at 5:30 to work out! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH US!!! WE ARE NOT PSYCHOS!!!!! sorry... ive been up for a while now... and didnt have my protein shake

ps- i think once ur body adjusts, and u get used to this scheduel ull be ok. uve gotta find your routine. i used to get up at 5:30, workout, work, workout again and PASS OUT at night my body just wasnt used to the hours. same thing with u but kinda reversed with cant sleep.

You're just having sleeping problems becuase you miss me : )

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Just try to go to sleep a little earlier. A nap is fine just don't do over an hour because you won't want to go to sleep earlier.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I suffer from sleeping issues a lot. My mind never shuts off and I am a busy body to the max. Its very hard for me to sit still or wind down.

My mind is always thinking about work... sometimes i lay in bed for 3 or 4 hours before i fall asleep.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

my problem literally is that it through my schedule off so much i lay in bed tired but just cant go to sleep when i need to. other times i just dont get tired till late. When I was working 8 to 5pm, i'd be tuckered out by around 12 or 1 and i would just crash when i want to. The going to sleep earlier really only means itll take forever for me to finally crash, and then when i do ill be up in like an hour or 2 for no particular reason. it just totally sucks. Last night i basically didnt go to bed till i came home from the gym this morning and i was sooo overtired that i basically went nuts and my mind went ape shit for a second. almost had an anxiety attack. then i crashed and slept til 4. Im thinking this wouldnt be as much of a problem if i had to get up at 5 am everyday, but its twice a week and they are on tuesday and thursday. I really think they only solution is to tell them its just not working for me.

Awaiting Activation
    I work nights so your sleep gets all messed up because you try to be "normal" on weekends. Nyquil is my friend on days I cant sleep.

my problem literally is that it through my schedule off so much i lay in bed tired but just cant go to sleep when i need to. other times i just dont get tired till late. When I was working 8 to 5pm, i'd be tuckered out by around 12 or 1 and i would just crash when i want to. The going to sleep earlier really only means itll take forever for me to finally crash, and then when i do ill be up in like an hour or 2 for no particular reason. it just totally sucks. Last night i basically didnt go to bed till i came home from the gym this morning and i was sooo overtired that i basically went nuts and my mind went ape shit for a second. almost had an anxiety attack. then i crashed and slept til 4. Im thinking this wouldnt be as much of a problem if i had to get up at 5 am everyday, but its twice a week and they are on tuesday and thursday. I really think they only solution is to tell them its just not working for me.
    can you get up that early everyday? I work monday to thursday from 5 am till 6 pm, but i still get up early friday, saturday and sunday, so it doesn't screw my sleep patterns up.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    ve been up for a while now... and didnt have my protein shake
    Should've called me. Could've fixed that problem for you

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Only issue I have is that i'm a light sleeper...and my g/f snores which sucks.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    My mind is always thinking about work... sometimes i lay in bed for 3 or 4 hours before i fall asleep.
    Me too, its nothing for me to watch one or 2 movies before I finally fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Me too, its nothing for me to watch one or 2 movies before I finally fall asleep.
    i end up "doing the next days work" in my head while I'm laying in bed.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

i end up "doing the next days work" in my head while I'm laying in bed.
    Same shit with me, I have the day planned out and what everyone is gonna day while laying in bed. Keeps me on top of things, but keeps me from sleeping too.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Same shit with me, I have the day planned out and what everyone is gonna day while laying in bed. Keeps me on top of things, but keeps me from sleeping too.
    it sucks but i wouldn't be able to sleep till i finished the next days work

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

it sucks but i wouldn't be able to sleep till i finished the next days work

I am always on here till late at nights too. Lately, I know I won't go to sleep so instead of just laying there, I stay on the internet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information