1966 Corvette Coupe

are sites like allofmp3.com legal?

i think thats the name?

but seriously im pretty sure its a site from russia but mp3s are like $.10 and whole cd's are like $.99... legally you are paying for your music so its not pirating. if it is illegal would they be able to prosicute you or just go after the company...

-me

IYP
    I....wouldent give them my credit card......

[EDIT]

now that i look at it...looks a little more credible...in the case that its not fraud 'they" would go after the company, not the coustomer...just in case...read the end user aggrement

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

People are entirely too paranoid about being prosecuted about downloading pirated or unpaid for music .. videos.. movies... dvds.. To explain it The RIAA who youre speaking of that goes after the pirates.. look for people who not just download music but who have ftp or file transfer protocol sites which let people access a huge list and just click and download off of them directly...setup themselves that share not a couple but thousands of songs.. on a daily basis. People who share or give away or supply the songs for download.... not the people who are tryin to collect some music to listen to.

For you the average person downloading songs daily ... you will not be prosecuted or brought up on charges.. they havent been using the whole prosecution scare tactics for a while now. Theyve been taking more time to go after cable and dsl providers to block the ports these services commonly use instead to block it off at the source the people like you or me who use these wont even know why .. the sites or programs like .. winmx..kazaa...bearshare.. or many others wont work .. but theres always work arounds .. trust me I download constantly have over 10 thousand songs on my hard drive and download daily and no ones knocking on my door. And I havent paid for one song. or service.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    People are entirely too paranoid about being prosecuted about downloading pirated or unpaid for music .. videos.. movies... dvds.. To explain it The RIAA who youre speaking of that goes after the pirates.. look for people who not just download music but who have ftp or file transfer protocol sites which let people access a huge list and just click and download off of them directly...setup themselves that share not a couple but thousands of songs.. on a daily basis. People who share or give away or supply the songs for download.... not the people who are tryin to collect some music to listen to.

For you the average person downloading songs daily ... you will not be prosecuted or brought up on charges.. they havent been using the whole prosecution scare tactics for a while now. Theyve been taking more time to go after cable and dsl providers to block the ports these services commonly use instead to block it off at the source the people like you or me who use these wont even know why .. the sites or programs like .. winmx..kazaa...bearshare.. or many others wont work .. but theres always work arounds .. trust me I download constantly have over 10 thousand songs on my hard drive and download daily and no ones knocking on my door. And I havent paid for one song. or service.
    agreed, i have never paid for a song download in my life and im not about to start... i use limewire and no one has been trying to come after me for pirating music

bill clinton told me to stop, so i did.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Theyve been taking more time to go after cable and dsl providers to block the ports these services commonly use instead to block it off at the source the people like you or me who use these wont even know why .. the sites or programs like .. winmx..kazaa...bearshare.. or many others wont work .. but theres always work arounds .. trust me I download constantly have over 10 thousand songs on my hard drive and download daily and no ones knocking on my door. And I havent paid for one song. or service.
    I use kazaa all the time... can you please explain what you mean?

NBM
    99 TA

I miss Napster.... when that was free it was awesome
    you could always D/L any CD a week before it was in stores, and there was no corrupted files or fake songs.
    Then Metallica and others had to get their panties in a knot because they lost a few bucks in album sales

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13 View Post
    I use kazaa all the time... can you please explain what you mean?
    Kazaa was i believe based in Australia or another country outside the US. Last year the RIAA went after them for allowing free downloads of music. Bearshare used to be free a few years ago then it went to a purchase the full software thing. Winmx is the same way .. I first used napster yeaaaaars ago .. it was the bomb.... then it got shut down.. then I went to using bearshare... then it stopped working .. then onto winmx .. this worked for years perfectly .. then that too stopped working because of port blocking from most of the major cable providers..

these programs usually use a certain port number specifically for transfers and high speed transfers. The cable companies learn which program uses which ones.. and blocks those specific ports from use. So it makes it look like the programs arent returning any hits when you go to do a search...

Kazaa lite works really well but that is a pay program too for the non advertising one. Kazaa is ad supported which has the annoying ass popups .. info on that is here..http://www.kazaa.com/us/help/faq/howis_kazaa_free.htm

Theres two diff versions of Bearshare.. bearshare and bearshare pro.. questions about the two .. ? go here..http://www.bearshare.com/profaq.htm#technical2

For alot of different file sharing options check out this site its badass for free programs .. even ones that used to be pay..check under file sharing for all of the music sharing programs we have all posted about in this thread
    http://www.oldversion.com/

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Kages99 View Post
    Knock Knock
    ????

DisCrete
    Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    i think thats the name?

but seriously im pretty sure its a site from russia but mp3s are like $.10 and whole cd's are like $.99... legally you are paying for your music so its not pirating. if it is illegal would they be able to prosicute you or just go after the company...

-me
    The law is, any site you download MP3's for free, is illegal, and considered copyright/piracy infringement, in the U.S.

Why do some sites have free downloads? alot of the sites are foreign based servers, which do not have the copyright, and piracy laws the U.S. has.

Which makes them legal to operate out of country.

However, using their software in the U.S. for the stated purposes, is against the law.

DisCrete

They are not doing a good job of anti-piracy FYI.

I know thousands of networks which illegally distribute pirated software in the U.S.

Why are they still active, because once again, they are operated in out of country based servers... which makes them legal to operate, but not use in the U.S.

Yes they can catch you, but believe me, the gov. has bigger problems to worry about than piracy, like jacking up the gas prices again FTW!

DisCrete
    And, Bearshare is still free.

Trust me.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

they want you to purchase a key for pro versions though which I have for free! I havent paid for programs.. movies.. cds .. or music since I found out about sources like this on the net .. probably at least 9 years ago...

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Well I'm still using kazaalite and it works great. It's an older version that was free.

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by IYP View Post
    I....wouldent give them my credit card......

[EDIT]

now that i look at it...looks a little more credible...in the case that its not fraud 'they" would go after the company, not the coustomer...just in case...read the end user aggrement
    Looks like an interesting site, but I am somewhat uneasy with the credit card billing - where the heck is Moldova anyway?

"All products and services, displayed in the Internet-shop AllOfMP3.com, are accepted for payment via VISA or MasterCard by "TELETRANSINFO" SRL, address 69/1 Stefan cel Mare Blrd., Chisinau, Moldova, through a protected URL https://secure.e-centru.com. For security purposes, the card numbers are not kept by the company. "

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    i think thats the name?

-me
    With a copyright, come a number of rights to the property. The rights that are being violated when downloading copyrighted material on-line are distribution and reproduction. You very well may be paying for the music on this sight, but does the site have the permission of the holder of the copyright to reproduce and distribute the copyrighted material?

In this case it may or may not, but if it did not I don't think it matters that you paid for it. Same as if you were to purchase stolen television from a thief, even though you paid for it you are still in possession of stolen property.

But like others have stated, I wouldn't worry too much about any repercussions even though, apart from being illegal, I do think it is wrong to steal intellectual property.

Thread Information