Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sirius Satt Radio Fun

Have 3 satellite radios. Mama's Mercedes paid 2 year plan Jan 8th 2008 for 2 years so she is golden until 1/8/2010. GTO has the new one activated 12/11/08 for 2 years paid in full so Oprah is golden until 12/11/2010. Truck has XM and it is golden until 7/14/2011. All receipts in my hands (Mama keeps some fine records).....so I get a bill today from Sirius for $488.72. WTF I sez.....
    I go to the website and check my online account. Sez I owe them guys $488.72 for some mystery account. But GOOD NEWS!!!! IN BIG LETTERS. WE MADE IT EASY FOR YOU...JUST CALL 1-866-635-5004 TO SPEAK WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE.
    Well butter my ass.....I'll just call and speak with a customer service rep....no biggie.....
    Now I have a call timer on this speakerphone back here in the study So these numbers are no shit as I got bored and starting writing them down....
    Me: Call number
    Them: Please hold. A customer service rep will be with you shortly.
    Me. ( Beard Growing) I start tracking the time.
    11:38 Them: May I have your first and last name. ( Really bad English)
    Me. Sure...........
    Them:May I have your billing address?
    Me: Sure.
    Them: May I have your billing telephone number?
    Me: Sure
    Them: May I have your account password.
    Me: Sure.
    Them: May I have your radio ID.
    Me: You mean the number on channel1?
    Them: Yes.
    Me: Well lemme walk out in the garage and I'll get it.
    Them: OK.
    Me: It is 58709571209 (whatever)
    Them: OK.
    Them: How can I help you?
    Me. You screwed up my bill.
    Them: Let me pull up your account.
    Me: You need all the Radio codes for all the radios?
    Them: No.
    Me: Then why did we just go through the exercise to get the main one?
    Them: For our records.
    Me: You dont have any record in my account of the radios I have activated?
    Them: I dont have access to it no.
    Me:And you need me to get the radio code so you could type it in some field that means nothing?
    Them: I am required to get the radio code.
    Me: This is what we call wasted effort and stupid. How about my screwed up bill.
    Them: We see you activated a third radio in December.
    Me: Nope. Just have 2 Sirius radios and they are paid up. You want the service record numbers of you receiving payments? I have them right here.
    Them: No. I have all your account information right here. Your 3rd account is what is past due.
    Me: OK I'll try again....I don't have a 3rd account.
    Them: Ugh....Ugh....May I put you on hold for a few minutes?
    16:12 Me: Sure kid.
    54:12 Them: Hello may I help you? ( American Girl this time)
    Repeat of all the above>
    Them. The problem Mr. Sarge is your 2006 Corvette is due for it's 2 year renewal and....
    Me: I aint got no 2006 Corvette. Never have.
    Them: Our records indicate you have.
    Me: Your records are wrong honey. So I owe you nothing right.
    Them: Well this Corvette is attached to your main account.
    Me: We'll I didn't attach it. Unattach it.
    Them: Can you hold please?
    66:45 Me: Sure ( Yes over an hour has gone by now)
    68:11Them: Hello Mr. Sarge?
    Me: WASSUP
    Them: You do not own a 2006 Corvette?
    Me: Nope.
    Them:Well let me take this radio off your account.
    Me: Thanks.
    Them: OK Mr. Sarge you can go online and see your account balance is $0. Anything else I can help you with tonight?
    Me: Nope. Thanks kid.
    70:19 I go online and my account balance is $0 and all is well.

Here is my thought. I bet they just put bullshit billing in as most folks pay with auto renew on their credit cards and make millions cuz folks see a couple hundred dollars on the CC statement and don't really know when their plan is due and don't challenge it. I bet XM/Sirius makes some serious scratch doing this. 2ndly I bet you they make every person take over an hour to "fix" it. This probably makes a bunch of folks just give up.
    That is what I think.
    Last edited by Sarge; 01-12-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I actually read all that and dang you have some patience.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Speakerphones. I was working.....I bet lots of people just pay em and give up...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

so what you're saying is my 06 vette that I snuck in on your policy won't have satt. radio now?? well, shit.

Artic White
    2001 Camaro SS

You know who I feel sorry for? It's the poor son of a bitch with the vette, that now has his radio shut off!! He now has to go through all that shit you went through!!

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Over an hour on the phone and probably another 20 minutes typing the story. Sucks that you have to go through two people just to find one that knows what they are doing. If they just had the one to fix it right the first time they would be saving some money.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i had an ongoing battle with Norton / Symantec fuckers, i was stupid enough to buy their software a year ago, and they did that auto renewal bullshit and i didnt want to have it for another year, so i was trying to get my money back

after like almost 2 hours on the phone with this indian / middle eastern fucker named joe (yea sure..), he said all was well, and i was actually CHARGED FOR ANOTHER RENEWAL!

so many phone calls later, i get refunded for both charges, and my bank statement is good, bout a week later i get a check in the mail for the amount i was charged, so i cashed that fucker and they lost 50 bucks. Somehow they refunded me 3 times instead of 2! So all my efforts werent for nothing i guess, but yea sarge its shitty clearing up these things over the phone

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Is there a call center left in America?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    yeah, coca-cola has one. Went to it last year or year before last in Hotlanta when I was working for coke. Impressive place. When you call you talk to an actual American on a phone. They do call service for them, mickey d's, chic-fil-a, and a couple others.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I had a similar experience as zoso. Bought a new computer back, shoot, 4-5 years ago now, came with a free Canon printer. Sweet. Anywho, go get my computer and like 8 copies of the receipt to send in for the 'mail in rebates'. Get home, promptly get the rebates fired out the next day. 150$ rebate on the computer, 50 on the monitor, and 50 on the printer. Mind you, they (circuit city) advertised the computer at 299 bucks. I walked out paying 580+ after taxes and whatnot, so I was rather counting on this cash-back. Okay, so anyways, like 4 months go by (you know, your refund will be returned to you between 8weeks and the end of your life kinda time frame), I get a couple checks in the mail, one for 50, the other for 150. I was refunded for the computer and the monitor. Sweet. So like another 4 or 5 weeks go by and still nothin' on the printer. Finally i get somethin in the mail that looks like a check, but its not, instead its a letter stating that the refund i sent in for a model 8700 printer (mine was 8500) was not valid with the receipt i sent. Sonsabitches. Called em up, explained my case, faxed them my shit again (had photocopies) and whatnot. Finally, again after like another month, got a check for 75 bucks back. To hell with them indian-speakin' assholes. If its not an instant in-the-store before-you-leave discount, i aint buyin'.

Cliffs: Sent in refunds, got 2 of 3 back, when i got 3rd back, i netted an extra 25$ cuz of their fuckup.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

sounds like to me they just made an honest mistake and corrected the problem = great customer service.........the wait time was long but gives you the assurance that they take their time to fix customers problems instead of rushing you through like cattle

Black
    99SS

Same shit with XM. They would shut off my service every month when I paid for a 1 year sub. Every month I would call and explain the situation and they, (Joe or Tina yea right) would always say "I don't know why that happened". I would always have to have them send the signal and re-initialize the truck.

After month 6 I said politely on the phone "I'm sorry I'm not very "worldly" and I'm having a hard time understanding you, could you please transfer me to your manager or someone with less of a "local dialect"? I got the "real Joe" on the phone never a problem since.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Yeah, I handle the bulk of our customer support for a software program that the Air Force uses.

Handle some of it after hours from my bed too sometimes.....lol. It is frustrating when you can't understand the person on the other end.

I try to speak english and military talk to my customers.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I had XM for 2 years. Paid 1st year up front. Got a bill saying 1st year was almost up and I needed to renew. Wasn't sure if I wanted to or not so I did nothing. They charged my credit card for another year anyway. I just cancelled my service all together cause I hate how they ruined my favorite station (liquid metal) after the merger.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Maybe it was Sleeper's C6 on your account.?.

Good catch!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

HA! that was entertaining...thanks sarge.

Thread Information