Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

A simple thank you goes a long way

I was sitting at the Gas station and had a rare oppertunity twice in one day last sunday. An older gentleman that quite obviously had been in the military just by looking at the way he had his hair done and how he carried himself (let alone the multable corp stickers on the back of the van) rolled in and asked for his normal amount of gas. to which I added an extra 10 bucks and he went to stop me and I looked at him and told him I know I added more there is a reason and you won't be paying for that extra amount, I also cleaned all his windows. so after he was done he asked why I did what I did. I told him "as thanks for what you did for our country and my freedoms,I was not able to serve as you did but I am thankful for those that did" His reply was simple and brought a smile to my face "son I have seen many faces in this gas station,many of them from a foreign country,and of a different religion,yet you are the only one to thank me,that means alot. so few know what was done to make this country what it is yet so many take full advantage of it without an ounce of appreciation. Thank you for helping me see there is those that do appreciate what I did"

so hours go by and another regular shows up this time an Iraq war vet about 25 or so. He as well carried himself as most military men do until death , by using their manners,dressing properly and so on. he asked me to fill his jeep up which I did $30, and I told him $20. He gave me a confused look and I promptly let him know why I did it. He looked at me and said this "you know sir I have been told I should have never been there,that people was glad to see me home,yet no one thanked me for anything,thank you sir you made my day"

sitting back reflecting over all this I wonder how the hell anyone can call themselves an United states citizen yet not appreciate the freedoms that they have,and be furious at what is constantly being taken away a little at a time. What has this country come to? what happened to being respectful? I tell you this country needs a swift kick in the ass!

To all the people on this board that have served or is still serving this country THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING !

black
    2002 z28, 2001 B4C Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    I was sitting at the Gas station and had a rare oppertunity twice in one day last sunday. An older gentleman that quite obviously had been in the military just by looking at the way he had his hair done and how he carried himself (let alone the multable corp stickers on the back of the van) rolled in and asked for his normal amount of gas. to which I added an extra 10 bucks and he went to stop me and I looked at him and told him I know I added more there is a reason and you won't be paying for that extra amount, I also cleaned all his windows. so after he was done he asked why I did what I did. I told him "as thanks for what you did for our country and my freedoms,I was not able to serve as you did but I am thankful for those that did" His reply was simple and brought a smile to my face "son I have seen many faces in this gas station,many of them from a foreign country,and of a different religion,yet you are the only one to thank me,that means alot. so few know what was done to make this country what it is yet so many take full advantage of it without an ounce of appreciation. Thank you for helping me see there is those that do appreciate what I did"

so hours go by and another regular shows up this time an Iraq war vet about 25 or so. He as well carried himself as most military men do until death , by using their manners,dressing properly and so on. he asked me to fill his jeep up which I did $30, and I told him $20. He gave me a confused look and I promptly let him know why I did it. He looked at me and said this "you know sir I have been told I should have never been there,that people was glad to see me home,yet no one thanked me for anything,thank you sir you made my day"

sitting back reflecting over all this I wonder how the hell anyone can call themselves an United states citizen yet not appreciate the freedoms that they have,and be furious at what is constantly being taken away a little at a time. What has this country come to? what happened to being respectful? I tell you this country needs a swift kick in the ass!

To all the people on this board that have served or is still serving this country THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING !
    i completely agree with you my uncle serverd over seas since the first desert storm and says the same thing and ima say the same thing you did THANK YOU FOR FIGHTING FOR MY FREEDOMS!!

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

I also agree with you. People get to live a happy American life which is a hell of a lot better then most all other countries and it's because of people who go and do what most are willing to do and they should honstly be told thank you so much that they get tired of it. They put their life on the line for people they never even meet that deserves so much more respect both from the commo citizen and from the government. They aren't taken care of as well as they should after they return.

THANK YOU!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Thanks for going out of your way and doing that for all the vets bro it means a lot. It's nice when running into someone like you because there can be a lot of negativity also.

black
    1998 transam ws6

my son is in the army and i'am also thankful for what they do and have done. that's very cool. cuervo25 1

You sir are a great American.

Black
    99 Z28

Any time I see service people in uniform out and about, I always give a hand shake and a thank you. There are always different reactions, but I always like for them to know that they and their service are appreciated.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

^^ And we appreciate that!

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Yes you are right, you don't see many people these day's that does it, but when people do it's still good to know there are still people out their that care!! Thanks for the write up it was good!!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Never had anyone "Thank Me" for serving except my Parents

Doesn't really bother me but its nice to see others are willing and able to show appreciation for our Service Men/Woman
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

I'm in the sales biz and always get leads from customers in the service. My emails and calls always include a thank you for your service.

I also have a friend that has served two terms in iraq and I thank him every time I see him. He will be going for a third time later this year or early next year.

Salute to those who have bigger balls than I do!! Thank you!!

i served during the gulf, all three campaigns. got the vet plate american flag and a gulf war vet sticker in the rear window of my jeep. a week ago or so I had an older lady beep her horn to get my attention and tell me thanx for serving....I was all choked up for the next 10 min.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

speaking of awards and such I found a medallion that says 330th transportation battalion (mc) awarded for excellance during combat in the center it has a crest with heart of the dragon with a military "oak leaf" to the left and the Command seargent Major insignia to the right and 018 below the crest. O nthe reverse side it has Operation enduring freedom 05-07 afghanistan with the map of afghanistan in the center and several different flags. I want to find the owner of it to return it, but have had no luck on getting info. so any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information