View Poll Results: Should Posts be counted in AAG?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Count them still.

16 39.02%
  • No - No dont count them.

17 41.46%
  • Yes - GPW for life.

0 0%
  • ANOTHER ****ing POLL?!

12 29.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    '99 SS

Should Postcount Be Counted in AAG?

Title says it all...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

yes i think post count should still be counted, but under the stipulations that you dont post every 2 secs with the most stupid shit in creation. i know i dont need to go into detail as to what that means either. use good judgement. theres a lot of interesting stuff to talk about that has nothing to do with cars but isnt stupid. ie sports, music, straight sex lol, electronics, food, beer, etc.

Black
    99 SS

this is going to be locked fast i bet, or a fight breaks out

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I think all post should count whatever they are talking about .. It means you are on the site ... Better to be here than somewhere else .. If it gets into a useless flame war or something like that they can always be taken away ...

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    I think all post should count whatever they are talking about .. It means you are on the site ... Better to be here than somewhere else .. If it gets into a useless flame war or something like that they can always be taken away ...
    I agree with the bold.

You can spot a post whore less than a mile away and most of those posts are utterly useless and therefore have no true value.

There are a handful of members here that I really dont like, but to avoid flames, I await a better subject from which to attack.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I agree with the bold.

You can spot a post whore less than a mile away and most of those posts are utterly useless and therefore have no true value.

There are a handful of members here that I really dont like, but to avoid flames, I await a better subject from which to attack.
    Sure ... some of us are good friends and just want to keep in touch and stuff .. I dont see anything wrong with that ...

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

You are basing this option off what I said?

Ive seen it happen and most didnt like it..its suprising what I little # means to some people

Black
    1999 Trans am

this is like the only place i post, how can i become uber cool like Spaz, lose and some of the other uber cool people here?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Post count shows a dedication and a reputation in certain ways. An example would be when I go to purchase something from a member, I look at not only his/her iTrader but their post count. It gives me an idea of what the individuals intentions are. Some forums require a minimum post count to sell or buy.

For me, my post count shows what I am interested in. I am a gear head. Yeah, I post in the Train alot, but its cause I am waiting for responses to posts or I am waiting for new threads that spark my interest.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i actually didnt vote, but im subscribed cuz i wanna see what ppl have to say.
    i didnt vote cuz its such an arguable topic even I dont know which i woudl chose. i think i actually agree with 310 on this, but im not 100% sure

Black
    1999 Trans Am

It might solve a lot of problems. Might cause a lot of problems also though. What might be good is if there was separate post counts. That would further define how reputable the members are, especially in the tech sections, yet AAG posts would still count towards something.

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

I think they should count as long as there not gay.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    says the gpw president.... hmmm

Black
    1999 Trans Am

hmmm

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Another gay post?

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Another gay post?
    nope .... just my opinion

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I have NO opinion....makes me no difference....even though I said not to count it. I post in alot of other thread, gto,kill stories, ect....mine are about 1/2and1/2....my 02 worth...
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

1966 Corvette Coupe

This is an issue that has been brought up WAY too many times... Ive actually gotten Temp-Banned for bringing this up...

pretty much the response your gonna get is "ME LIKE UM POST WHORING... ME LIKE UM BIG POST COUNT... MEAN ME IMPORTANT..." or sooo it has gone for the past year...

It is my opinion that AAG should not count... simply because when ppl come in to get advice post count is something they look at... though everyone knows that someone with 22,000 post didnt get them in the tech sections someone with a couple thousand post might seem to be a knowledgeable...

And dont get me wrong just because you post alot in tech sections doesnt mean you know jack, but it atleast means you do read the tech sections and there is more of a chance you know WTF your are talking about...

It's kinda funny because orginally the ULA said no trains... and after this issue was addressed in the same manner it is being addressed here the ULA was changed instead of eliminating trains... Dont get me wrong i love some of the ppl around here and talk to alot of them on a daily basis when possible... but i thought we had a feature called... geez what is the name of that feature that lets you talk back and forth to ppl... oh yeah CHAT... which by the way is never used... is it possible that is because it doesnt boost your post count?

-me

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Too bad that we couldn't have 2 different post counts, one for tech areas and one for the AAG forum. That way everyone would be happy. I don't think its possible to do with the vbulletin software though.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    This is an issue that has been brought up WAY too many times... Ive actually gotten Temp-Banned for bringing this up...

pretty much the response your gonna get is "ME LIKE UM POST WHORING... ME LIKE UM BIG POST COUNT... MEAN ME IMPORTANT..." or sooo it has gone for the past year...

It is my opinion that AAG should not count... simply because when ppl come in to get advice post count is something they look at... though everyone knows that someone with 22,000 post didnt get them in the tech sections someone with a couple thousand post might seem to be a knowledgeable...

And dont get me wrong just because you post alot in tech sections doesnt mean you know jack, but it atleast means you do read the tech sections and there is more of a chance you know WTF your are talking about...

It's kinda funny because orginally the ULA said no trains... and after this issue was addressed in the same manner it is being addressed here the ULA was changed instead of eliminating trains... Dont get me wrong i love some of the ppl around here and talk to alot of them on a daily basis when possible... but i thought we had a feature called... geez what is the name of that feature that lets you talk back and forth to ppl... oh yeah CHAT... which by the way is never used... is it possible that is because it doesnt boost your post count?

-me
    we use chat all the time ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information