Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Should I really pay this bill?

Here is the deal every semester if you live on campus you have to pay a meal plan. My runs roughly a thousand dollars per semster but here is the catch. Since I switched dorms the bill was has never added to my statement, I would have to stop by student services and have it added on manually every semester. Well this semster I sort of forgot about it and now it is mid March (the money will not carry over to the fall). So I'm wondering whether or not I should actually pay for the plan or hold my breath and see if they catch it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

lol just see if they catch it, what could they do say you forgot to pay your meal plan? And then you say, oh sorry it wasn't carried over and then just pay.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    lol just see if they catch it, what could they do say you forgot to pay your meal plan? And then you say, oh sorry it wasn't carried over and then just pay.
    Yeah, screw them. School is already expensive enough. If they catch it, no big deal. If not, you just saved $1,000.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

The measure of a man's character is what they do when no one is looking.

Something to think about.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

this could jeapordize your graduation if you don't pay.

black
    00 camaross&02 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    this could jeapordize your graduation if you don't pay.
    very true here it's not their responsibility but yours to pay the bill if you don't pay no diploma for you. Because if you don't pay and they catch it you better hope you have the 1k to pay it.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Just keep running.

Don't stop until you can't go on.

You can catch up on your sleep when they catch you or when they put a few rounds in your back.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan View Post
    So I'm wondering whether or not I should actually pay for the plan or hold my breath and see if they catch it.
    I understand that a lot of colleges force undergrads that live on campus pay for a meal plan so they don’t “waste” all of their money on booze and can’t afford to eat. This way they know a certain amount of meals will be provided.

What I don’t understand from your post is: are you receiving benefit of the plan without yet paying for it or are you not using the plan but are concerned you are not in compliance with the school’s policy?

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

wait it out! thats a grand saved!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    The measure of a man's character is what they do when no one is looking.

Something to think about.

The fact this has happen also a measure of the school as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    I understand that a lot of colleges force undergrads that live on campus pay for a meal plan so they don’t “waste” all of their money on booze and can’t afford to eat. This way they know a certain amount of meals will be provided.

What I don’t understand from your post is: are you receiving benefit of the plan without yet paying for it or are you not using the plan but are concerned you are not in compliance with the school’s policy?
    No to receive a benefit from this plan you must first pay in.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by camaross0002 View Post
    very true here it's not their responsibility but yours to pay the bill if you don't pay no diploma for you. Because if you don't pay and they catch it you better hope you have the 1k to pay it.
    According to the OP, it isn't on the bill. This will not jeopardize his graduation. It was missed by the institution. So, apparently, a kid is responsible for something that wasn't charged???

Morally, not paying is questionable. But, in this day and age, I'd say take the money and run.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan View Post
    The fact this has happen also a measure of the school as well.
    The day that you are absolutely perfect in everything that you do in whatever menial job you have, please call Guiness. That said, whatever you do (or will do once graduating) does not compare to what goes into running a school.

The fact that they overlooked it does not mean you're free of the obligation. It also does not mean that they cannot come back at a later date and charge you the full amount if you take advantage of the situation.

But hey. Even if you do get away with it, the only person that knows is you, amirite?

The past three times I have made sure the school knew about it so they could fix their mistake. If you ordered a kit from Vortech and they sent the wrong kit four times in a row would you still do business with that company? The fact they have made a mistake is not the issue, the fact that this has happen four semesters in a row is why I see a problem. We are all human and make mistakes but to make the same mistake four times is saying something.

Another day Another 5th ARM5280's Avatar

Black
    Murdered 2006 GMC Sierra

You should become a dollarmenunaire! 1000 a semester seems steep thats alot of pizza rolls and ramen right there. The true college experience isn't catered bitches

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

id say wait it out

as long as what i think your saying is true...you didnt pay for a meal plan, but got it anyway?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i lived in the dorms for a year, paid for a meal plan, then found out i was in the athletic dorm, and only athletes could eat in our cafeteria, and the next nearest one was way across campus

all the dorms are grouped except the one i was in, it was in BFE

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

fuck them... tell them your mom packs you a lunch or some shit...

black
    00 camaross&02 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    According to the OP, it isn't on the bill. This will not jeopardize his graduation. It was missed by the institution. So, apparently, a kid is responsible for something that wasn't charged???

Morally, not paying is questionable. But, in this day and age, I'd say take the money and run.
    thing is if they do catch it and say okay you have to pay this bill or we will with hold your diploma or if they don't catch it before then be sending him a bill after school is finished or collections.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

If they catch it they would at most just ask to pay it anyways.. so even if it does somehow affect graduation, just pay it if they say anything. Most of the times its a auto payment out of your bank account for the meal plans, or thats what alot of people do so if your doing that you could just say I never knew if it was taken out or not. Some of you guys are exaggerating this a little to much lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information