Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    2000 Trans Am

Should I move or not?

Well everyone I've been kind of put in a dilema. I make about $26.00 an hour right now working for a Weapons Test Facility, in Southern California. My wife and I love it here and we have made this place our home. I just received a call for a job opportunity in Las Vegas, making the same amount of money. But here is the catch 4-6 months out of the year I deploy to Iraq as a civilian and make $125.00 an hour working 7 days a week 12 hour days. Then I come back again and work my regular job out of Las Vegas.......Should I take the job? And what factors should I consider? I figured I would ask my good friends at ls1.com because my wife has given me the "whatever you would like us to do" answer.......I hate that answer

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

wow that is alot of money man, i figure if you love what you are doing sure. If your wife is giving you the go, you can make a nice amount of money just working there for two years, hell one year, then look at buying a nice house. I think i would do it, but then again money is not everything. But this is a good thing, and the money can help you accomplish alot.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    wow that is alot of money man, i figure if you love what you are doing sure. If your wife is giving you the go, you can make a nice amount of money just working there for two years, hell one year, then look at buying a nice house. I think i would do it, but then again money is not everything. But this is a good thing, and the money can help you accomplish alot.
    Exactly my thoughts. Things at the work i'm at have not been the best either. This new contractor that I work for has sort of been heading down hill. This new company is really hard to get into. I submited a resume about 6 months ago and they finally called me yesterday and said I had the job. I need to let them know monday. I believe in everything happens for a reason, so this may be a good sign.!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Maybe it's just me and my bad experiences...but would you trust your wife alone for that long while you were in iraq?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

is there any remote possibility at your current job of getting caught by some radical muslims and be-headed on camera for the world to see? If you answer no to that I would probably stay at your current job.

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

That is exactly what I was thinking. Not many women should be trusted alone.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Maybe it's just me and my bad experiences...but would you trust your wife alone for that long while you were in iraq?
    seriously, not all women are like that man. I would do it man, it would be good for you and the wife in the long run.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Is your home & happiness worth the money?

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

travelling 4-6 months at a time sucks. a lot.

Red
    1999 Pontiac TransAm

$$ sounds great, but being away from your wife for 4-6 months - damn, that's half the year. If you have kids, you'll get to see them half of their life. ??

Dunno, man. Glad it's not my decision. Good luck. You and your wife talk about it A LOT!

white and black
    98 camaro

shit il will go forsure im only makin $11 and hr hahaha..and if ur wife agrees then go dont think about it,if ur wife does something bad then u dnt need her in ur life if she cheats there alot more women,well its my thot everyone have their own thots,but imagine house much money ul have for that time

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

you wouldnt even have to ask me which country id have to go to in order to make 125 an hour, hell yes id go without hesitation

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

i just did the math, correct me if im wrong but you'd be making about 10k a week working 12 hrs 7 days a week @ 125 an hour? FUCKING HELL YES ID DO THAT IN A HEARTBEAT! the only way i can make even close to that amount of money is on a freakin pole

and ure 26!?!?!? i really think im more excited then u are right now, and i have no shame in saying this: i wish i were your wife

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Tough call, and despite what she said it really does boil down to your wife. It'll suck being away...and if she doesn't like you being gone she just may screw around out of spite. The money is nice too, but not if she blows it all courtesy of a joint bank account.

But those are worst case scenarios, and I don't know your wife - you do.

If it was me, and being single I'd jump on it, but if I was married it would be a tough choice. But you do have to remember with the tech of today, you can talk, send pics, videos, talk on camera, and eh..basically do everything but fuck just on a cell phone!

Just whatever you do, talk to the wife and make SURE she knows it's okay. I know one couple who've been happily married for 30+ with 3 grown kids, and the dad is gone 10-11 months out of the year (CIA). Then again, I've seen marriages fall apart because the guy works nights 3 days a week, and she cheated those 3 nights. This whole decision rests on your wife.

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    i just did the math, correct me if im wrong but you'd be making about 10k a week working 12 hrs 7 days a week @ 125 an hour? FUCKING HELL YES ID DO THAT IN A HEARTBEAT! the only way i can make even close to that amount of money is on a freakin pole

and ure 26!?!?!? i really think im more excited then u are right now, and i have no shame in saying this: i wish i were your wife
    good luck with that lol

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

If you have kids, no.

If you can get through your wife cheating, yes.

If they let you travel back at least once every month or two, yes.

If the money will go in a free-access joint account, no.

If they let you carry over there so you have the choice to put one in your head versus being captured, yes.

The money sounds good, but not for the risk. There wouldn't be much for you to be over there, put 100k in the bank, and your wife cleans it out courtesy of a "Dear John" letter.

Now, would I go overseas to somewhere like Japan if I could bring my family along for $80/hour....yes.

some of you guys dont trust women at all

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    Someone thinks pretty highly of themselves.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    some of you guys dont trust women at all
    could you go 6 months with out pussy? i know i couldn't... how do you expect a woman to go 6 months with out dick? won't happen! she will be fucking pacco the poolboy next to that nice pool you paid for with your $120/hr job while you are dodging people that would like to kill you any chance they get... no $ is worth that...

Old Enough to Know Better Crimson Sin's Avatar

Red Fire
    2007 Mustang GT/CS

Wow. Lot of bitterness in this thread.
    I say if the wife is down for it. I mean really behind you.. Go for it.. You will never get another chance legally to get a nest egg like that.
    Not every woman is a cheating bitch.. Just like not every guy is a womanizing bastard.
    Every situation is different.. Only you know if this would be too much for the both of you... and it's not like it's in stone that you work this for the next ten years.. A couple - three years of that and think of the toys/home/security you could have. I'd do it. But I have been married for 10 years and know my woman is 1000 percent trustable.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information