Thread: short rant....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

short rant....

Went to our first parent/teacher type meeting last night. My boy starts kindergarten next August so they have a meeting with parents to go over details.
    We live in the sticks and he'll be going to a small town school which I think is great because that's what I went to as a kid and I'd much rather have that over going to school in Columbus.
    They go over curriculum and crap like that and just odds and ends of what time class starts/ends and health papers you have to have prior to the kid starting. Just stuff like that.
    Then the shit hit the fan so to speak. They started talking about "pre-k". I was thinking wtf is pre-k? Well, their "pre-k" teacher gave a little speech and played a video tape about some bullshit study done that set standards for child developement. You wanna do a study? Do a study as to why there's never been a teacher known to mankind that can operate a damn vcr/tv combo on the first try. This chick must've played with that damn thing 15 minutes trying to get a 7 minute video to work. She could've just acted it out quicker.
    Anyhow, this study supposedly is used to determine whether a child is ready for kindergarten or if they should start in pre-k. It's based on intellect, social, and emotional standards.
    My kid went to preschool last year....one which we paid a damn lot of money for. Let me tell you how this is gonna work.
    My son will be one of the youngest in class because of when his b-day falls. He can be fairly shy every now and then until he warms up to people. If these assholes tell me he needs to go to pre-k I'm gonna be pissed. I'll just keep him in the private school he's in now.
    I figure they'll use one of the bullshit "social" or "emotional" reasons because intellectually he's pretty damn smart for his age. He's a problem solver. If he doesn't know how to do something he'll sit down with it until he figures it out.
    I'm figuring the reason they'll do that is they have this "pre-k" teacher already paid for so the class will be filled. There were about 35 parents at the meeting and they said 1/3 to 1/2 of the kids will probably start in pre-k. Since he's gonna be on the young side I figure they'll try to pigeon hole him into it. This is the only school system in the state that uses pre-k. I'm figuring they get a nice chunk of funding for it so they make sure to fill that class every year.
    Damn, guess I'm gonna have to go on a school burning spree.

ok, so it wasn't that short. I meant for it to be though.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    ok, so it wasn't that short. I meant for it to be though.

If they try say you won't allow it.... or you want him mainstreamed....give them hell for it...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I did have a pretty good one while we were there.

A few parents brought their kids with them.....bad idea. Ours stayed with grandpa while we went but I understand some people might not have that option.

Anyhow, this one little kid needed an ass beating in the worst kinda way. He was noisy and just being a pain in the ass in general. His parent like mother, I say that because she isn't a complete parent yet, never said a word to him the whole time he was there. He had this little bulldozer and laid in the isle and would push it up the isle and let it roll back to him because the floor was on a slant. Now 1 or 2 times I can deal with but after about time 50 I started getting pissed.
    He rolled it up 1 to many times and I was on an end seat and caught it with my foot. I drug it over under the chairs and gave it a little shove under the chairs. That kid must've looked for that bulldozer for 20 minutes before he found it. Never pushed it my way again either.

Black
    2000 T/A

I did have a pretty good one while we were there.

A few parents brought their kids with them.....bad idea. Ours stayed with grandpa while we went but I understand some people might not have that option.

Anyhow, this one little kid needed an ass beating in the worst kinda way. He was noisy and just being a pain in the ass in general. His parent like mother, I say that because she isn't a complete parent yet, never said a word to him the whole time he was there. He had this little bulldozer and laid in the isle and would push it up the isle and let it roll back to him because the floor was on a slant. Now 1 or 2 times I can deal with but after about time 50 I started getting pissed.
    He rolled it up 1 to many times and I was on an end seat and caught it with my foot. I drug it over under the chairs and gave it a little shove under the chairs. That kid must've looked for that bulldozer for 20 minutes before he found it. Never pushed it my way again either.

haha...god I hope my daughter doesn't turn out to be a pain in the ass.....

she's trying to talk now.....@ 7 months....she says "huhiiiiiiiah" sounds like hi with a little southern drawl....

me and her mom both talked early...but damn....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

well, I'll tell you like my dad told me about my boy.......first you can't wait until they talk, then you spend the rest of your life waiting for them to shut up.

Black
    2000 T/A

well, I'll tell you like my dad told me about my boy.......first you can't wait until they talk, then you spend the rest of your life waiting for them to shut up.

i just like the fact that she plays now... instead of just sitting there wide eyed looking at you

Thread Information