Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Formula

Shop HORROR stories

I had to take my car in when i wrecked it and they screwed up the paint, putting on the fender and front bumper. going up there monday to raise hell.

whats some of your guys storys?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Broke my fuel filter, truck went whoosh a out a mile down the road. Also filled the tires to 60psi once on a rotate and balance. Brake check took five days on my truck because the guy "figgered" I had a bendix booster because my delco was painted black. Then the manager was saying"even though it wasn't really our fault, I'll give you A discount". Mom got up in his grill about it, got a bigger discount and called corporate to bitch. They also left my truck to sit at times to handle Internet appointments, even though mine had been there for days.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Mine is still currently sitting outside in this blizzards since last august with a fucking hole in the floor

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

my last car kept breaking on me, half the time it was really borken, the other half it was cause the shop said so, i started fixing everything myself and thats how i became the master mechanic i am now

i will never use NTB again, rear end was whining, took it in, they said it was the wheel bearings, $600 bucks later (yeah 600, rediculous) still whining, i complained and they did nothing of course, turned out to be a chewed up axle shaft, i changed it myself becuase i had no more money after i bought the new one,

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Mine is still currently sitting outside in this blizzards since last august with a fucking hole in the floor
    Explain please?

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Bought my car in July 05, took it to Biloxi Mississippi in Aug. Had to park my car in a parking lot right next to an RV when Katrina hit....that RV pancaked my baby. Had to leave it there for a month before I could even go get it. When I was finally able to go get my car, the RV was gone and they left no contact info. Had to get a new passenger side fender, light, door skin, mirror and a new hood. When I got it back from the shop there were runs in the paint! Had to take it back and they fixed what they messed up, but they got overspray all over the windshild and rear hatch! Took it back again, and they replaced the glass but left a bunch of broken glass all over the floor in the back! WOW! Was so pissed I couldn't even talk to the manager, just told him to follow me to the car, opened the door and just pointed at the mess his employees left in there. I'm pretty sure somebody lost their job over the whole thing.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

the 1st year i had my ta a guy i know let it roll into a tree after he fixed my rearend oil leak. he didnt want to pay to fix it till i told him i was going to kick his ass then it sat and a chevy deales lot for 4 monthes and it never was right the paint was bad the hood didnt line up marks all over the place and they didnt fix it all after the 3rd time i go to get it i called all the guys in the shop know nothing ass holes that can go f off they wanted me to sighen for it and i told him there is no way in hell i would as it was shit and had a nother shop fix it at my cost. so if you are by me dont go the the chevy body shop on colerain

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Explain please?
    between the problems of a rebuilt trans, and extended warantee bullshit, the trans has been pulled since october, and it was rolled back outside and its just sitting htere cuz the trans isnt back yet....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i sent my car to have the clutch changed... i had all the parts and what not but i didn't have the time for me to do it myself... after a few months of driving something is wrong and my car won't go into gear unless i revmatch and forget about using my clutch... turns out the ass holes i sent my car to left a piece of metal that fused my flywheel and clutch together...

of course they denied any wrong... they lost a shit load of business that day considering my work would send trucks over there...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I took my car to this one shop for something (maybe a new tie rod or whatever).

Anyway, I go pick up my car, and when I get home, I find out my house had burned to the ground.

Fucking assholes, never taking my car there again.

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

My 04 Maxima had the trans go out on it last February. It was covered under warranty with a 100 dollar deductible. The warranty originally ordered and shipped a rebuilt 5 speed auto for it. They didn't know that the trans in my car is a 4 speed auto I guess. They then shipped a used CVT trans for it. After calling and bitching about the fact that they were planning on installing a used trans in it they finally ordered the right one and it was a remanufactured nisasan trans. 37 days later and the warranty company paying the rental I was in I got my car back. After labor, the trans and the rental it cost the warranty company ended up Paying over $4300.

My brother has an 84 hurst olds. He bought a used rocket 350 to put in it. Before putting it in the car he had some work done on it. He took it to a local performance shop to have them bore the block, shave the heads, three angle valve job, and put together the lower end of the block. He was only responsible for installing the intake manifold, carb and exhaust. Well we button it up and get it installed. My bro breaks it in for a good 1500 miles. At about 2300 miles on the engine it starts knocking. We pull the engine out and start dissassembly. We pull the pistons connecting rods and crank out. We find that three out of the eight pistons' wrist pins were in to tight. You know how if you are lifting a piston and connecting rod together and you're holding it by the piston the connecting rod should move freely? Well these three didn't. He went back to the performance shop to complain. He brought the parts with him. He talked to the owner and he refused any kind of refund or to take care of the problem. The exchange quickly got heated and while other customers were in the lobby the owner started to call my brother names and kicked him out. It ended up costing my brother about another $1000 to get the engne rebuilt. He ended up needing a new crank because it bent, replacing the pistons and rings along with having it rebored because the piston walls got scored. After all this we hear from a friend that he had some work done by the same place and they never put in one of the freeze plugs. The place also fucked up the owners friends sons chevelle. After knowing that family for 20 plus years they wouldn't fix the loose head bolts that caused coolant to seep into the head. Needless to say that company now has one of THE worst reputations around because me and my bro bad mouth that company at every car show we go to. BTW for those of you in the Milwaukee area, the name of the shop is Borchards. It's on south 27th street near college.

There are other horror stories but those top the list.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

when i worked out at a local shop here last year, one of the mechanics caught a car on fire ... put it out quickly then gave it back to the customer

two weeks later at a different store (giant franchise) ... someone burnt a car to the ground

and in line class - someone dropped a car off a lift because of lifting it by the running boards

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I can't hold a candle to these stories. I guess I have pretty good mechanics round here. Only thing I can think of was the O2 sensors on my Mark VIII. I had done the back two myself because they are easy to get to but I brought the car and the parts over to a local shop to have them get the two hard ones since I didn't feel like bothering.

I get the car back and something told me to ask for the old O2 sensors. The guy grabs em from the trash and would you believe it.... It's my 2 brand new O2's I had put in the day before... I knew it was them because i had to, ahem, "modify" them to fit. I raise hell and they keep my car overnight and change em in the morning.... made me pay 50% for labor second time around.... only reason I agreed to that is because Ive been going there for years and didn't want any bad blood, at least we met in the middle type thing.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

This happen to my Dad in 88, bought a new truck (4x4), took it back to dealer for the 500 mile oil change (break in for 4x4). Dealer drained the oil, gave us the truck, a mile down the road, truck quit. We walked back to dealer, they towed it back. Checked for oil, bone dry and drain plug missing. Dad got a new engine. 500 miles later, we take it back, they change oil, we drive off same mile, truck stop. Dad said not again, we walked back, plug was there, just no oil. Dealer had to give a new engine. 3rd time we go, the Owner, Head manager, and shop foreman where under the truck making sure every block was checked on their check list. This time we took a different way home, no problems

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    This happen to my Dad in 88, bought a new truck (4x4), took it back to dealer for the 500 mile oil change (break in for 4x4). Dealer drained the oil, gave us the truck, a mile down the road, truck quit. We walked back to dealer, they towed it back. Checked for oil, bone dry and drain plug missing. Dad got a new engine. 500 miles later, we take it back, they change oil, we drive off same mile, truck stop. Dad said not again, we walked back, plug was there, just no oil. Dealer had to give a new engine. 3rd time we go, the Owner, Head manager, and shop foreman where under the truck making sure every block was checked on their check list. This time we took a different way home, no problems
    did the whole no oil pressure thing kick in?

Black
    2001 Formula

I am now waiting on a phone call from the owner of Maze body shop. Its a amazing how fast they move when they hear the word lawyer.

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

Back when I was mechanic, I watched my lead tech catch a Yugo on fire... only running Yugo on the planet and he had to go catch it on fire. Same guy put the wrong oil filter on a brand new Jeep only to dump the oil and burn up the motor- less than 5k on it.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

No car for 6 weeks for a trans rebuild. 3 Months later I had to trailer my car back to the dealer from home which was 130 miles away. Had a surge under lock up when I got it back that rebuild lasted a year and a half

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I took my car to this one shop for something (maybe a new tie rod or whatever).

Anyway, I go pick up my car, and when I get home, I find out my house had burned to the ground.

Fucking assholes, never taking my car there again.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    when i worked out at a local shop here last year, one of the mechanics caught a car on fire ... put it out quickly then gave it back to the customer

two weeks later at a different store (giant franchise) ... someone burnt a car to the ground

and in line class - someone dropped a car off a lift because of lifting it by the running boards
    i fucking hate running boards. useless ugly pains in the ass when you put lift arms under

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information