1966 Corvette Coupe

Sell it or Strip it?

Ok guys as some of you know im thinking about selling my 00 FRC Vette... here is my delima... sell it... hoping to get somewhere from low to mid $20k's out of it... or part it out...

I do have a loan on it, but what the bank dont know...

I mean if i part it out i could strip it of everything i dont need... find a totalled xlr and use the vette drive train (mainly for the motor and 6 speed)

I mean would that put me ahead cash wise to just part it out down to bare bones? i hate to part out a 1 of 3500 (or so) car... i guess i might be better off to sell mine... buy a high mileage one... and part that one out... since mileage on body panels and what no doesnt matter...

and if you are wondering y i would go this route... well i want something you dont see often and xlr's that arent wrecked are EXPENSIVE!!!! so maybe i can buy a salvage one cheap and put it on a straight drive train that ive built up with nice suspension and a wicked ls based motor....

-me

Black
    99 SS

the worst thing you can do in my mind is part it out, i would try and sell it.

xlr's are fucking awesome cars.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

If you really could part it out and make more that is a tragedy.

But someone like me would use the shell to make a full race car so all the parts would go to some good use.

You would be pimpin' in the Caddy and it is a good project for you to boot!

1966 Corvette Coupe

I know... that is the delemia... I am so pissed about the part of life I am at. I really need to buy a house... with a 2 bay garage to do anything (considering ill have 2 shells just sitting around)... so i can build a car... or buy a house... and i have no use in buying a house if i cant buy a car... so im just screwed... having to sit around with just enough cash to make myself think i might could do something... but then... well no... sure nuff cant..

im really considering a medically induced coma... then even though my actually life would suck... my preception of life would be grand (that is if i can dream during a coma)

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    If you really could part it out and make more that is a tragedy.
    everything is worth more in pieces....

-me

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    ...im really considering a medically induced coma... then even though my actually life would suck... my preception of life would be grand (that is if i can dream during a coma....

Now that is a good F N idea!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    Ok guys as some of you know im thinking about selling my 00 FRC Vette... here is my delima... sell it... hoping to get somewhere from low to mid $20k's out of it... or part it out...

I do have a loan on it, but what the bank dont know...

I mean if i part it out i could strip it of everything i dont need... find a totalled xlr and use the vette drive train (mainly for the motor and 6 speed)

I mean would that put me ahead cash wise to just part it out down to bare bones? i hate to part out a 1 of 3500 (or so) car... i guess i might be better off to sell mine... buy a high mileage one... and part that one out... since mileage on body panels and what no doesnt matter...

and if you are wondering y i would go this route... well i want something you dont see often and xlr's that arent wrecked are EXPENSIVE!!!! so maybe i can buy a salvage one cheap and put it on a straight drive train that ive built up with nice suspension and a wicked ls based motor....

-me

jeremy clarkson thinks the xlr is rubbish

Thread Information