Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    downunder

Scientology: What do you know about these fruit loops?

This is their leader, no bullshit.

Operating Thetan levels and the Xenu incident

Xenu, as depicted by the BBC's PanoramaThe "Hidden Truth" about the nature of the universe is taught to only the most advanced Scientologists, those who have achieved the level "clear", in a series of courses known as the Advanced Levels. The contents of these courses are held in strict confidence within Scientology. They have never been published by the church, except for use in highly secure areas. The most advanced of all are the eight Operating Thetan levels, which require the initiate to be thoroughly prepared. The highest level, OT VIII, is only disclosed at sea, on the Scientology cruise ship Freewinds. Because Scientology is a mystery religion, the more closely guarded and esoteric teachings imparted at these higher levels may not always be entirely consistent with its entry-level teachings.

In the confidential OT levels, Hubbard describes a variety of traumas commonly experienced in past lives. He also explains how to reverse the effects of such traumas. Among these advanced teachings, one episode revealed to those who reach OT level III has been widely remarked upon in the press: the story of Xenu and his Galactic Confederacy.

Scientologists argue that published accounts of the Xenu story and other colorful teachings are presented out of context for the purpose of ridiculing their religion. Journalists and critics of Scientology counter that Xenu is part of a much wider Scientology belief in past lives on other planets, some of which has been public knowledge for decades. For instance, Hubbard's 1958 book Have You Lived Before This Life documents past lives described by individual Scientologists during auditing sessions. These included memories of being "deceived into a love affair with a robot decked out as a beautiful red-haired girl", being run over by a Martian bishop driving a steamroller, being transformed into an intergalactic walrus that perished after falling out of a flying saucer, and being "a very happy being who strayed to the planet Nostra 23,064,000,000 years ago".

Scientologists argue that most members of the organization have not attained a sufficiently high level to learn about Xenu. Therefore, while knowledge of Xenu and Body Thetans is said to be crucial to the highest level church teachings, it cannot be regarded as a core belief of rank and file Scientologists. Such information is not published in commonly available materials, and as such may not be part of what the vast majority of ordinary Scientologists believe.

Critics point out that Scientology literature does include many references to extraterrestrial past lives (even to low levels on the bridge), and that internal Scientology publications are often illustrated with pictures of spaceships and oblique references to catastrophic events that happened "75 million years ago" (e.g. the Xenu incident).

This material ties in to the general purpose of Scientology, which is to learn about these "whole track" incidents on the OT Levels to confront the negativity the mind still holds from these incidents, and as a result to be free of the ill effects of these "whole track" incidents. Thereby, it is believed by Scientologists that they will achieve greater freedom, happiness, and abilities in their present lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Scientology: What do you know about these fruit loops?

Kill them.

downunder
    Him first...

downunder
    They believe an Alien leader called Xenu froze aliens persecuted in his own 'lands' and sent them to Earth. Once arriving here, the souls tried to escape but he had set up some kind of catcher in the Earths atmosphere, which collected all the alien souls and re-deposited them down, into the bodies of humans. That is apparently where all our negative energy/thoughts/feelings/instincts come from. The souls of dead aliens thousands of years ago.

Some central beliefs of Scientology:

A person is an immortal spiritual being (termed a thetan) who possesses a mind and a body.
    The thetan has lived through many past lives and will continue to live beyond the death of the body.
    A person is basically good, but becomes "aberrated" by moments of pain and unconsciousness in his life.
    What is true for you is what you have observed yourself. No beliefs should be forced as "true" on anyone. Thus, the tenets of Scientology are expected to be tested and seen to either be true or not by Scientology practitioners.

Silent Birth and Infant Care
    Based on Hubbard's writings, Scientologists believe that mothers should keep as silent as possible during birth. This stems from the belief that birth is a trauma that may induce imbalance onto the baby, who may also absorb his mother's trauma. Hubbard also wrote that that for the first 24 hours after birth, infants should not be touched, cleaned or spoken to, and that mothers should refrain from speaking in the presence of their babies for the first week after birth. He further claimed that babies should not be breastfed, advocating instead a diet of barley extract supplemented with corn syrup or honey. [citationneeded]

In Scientology doctrine, Xenu (also Xemu) is an alien ruler of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living, and continue to cause problems today

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by downunder
    They believe an Alien leader called Xenu froze aliens persecuted in his own 'lands' and sent them to Earth. Once arriving here, the souls tried to escape but he had set up some kind of catcher in the Earths atmosphere, which collected all the alien souls and re-deposited them down, into the bodies of humans. That is apparently where all our negative energy/thoughts/feelings/instincts come from. The souls of dead aliens thousands of years ago.

Some central beliefs of Scientology:

A person is an immortal spiritual being (termed a thetan) who possesses a mind and a body.
    The thetan has lived through many past lives and will continue to live beyond the death of the body.
    A person is basically good, but becomes "aberrated" by moments of pain and unconsciousness in his life.
    What is true for you is what you have observed yourself. No beliefs should be forced as "true" on anyone. Thus, the tenets of Scientology are expected to be tested and seen to either be true or not by Scientology practitioners.

Based on Hubbard's writings, Scientologists believe that mothers should keep as silent as possible during birth. This stems from the belief that birth is a trauma that may induce imbalance onto the baby, who may also absorb his mother's trauma. Hubbard also wrote that that for the first 24 hours after birth, infants should not be touched, cleaned or spoken to, and that mothers should refrain from speaking in the presence of their babies for the first week after birth. He further claimed that babies should not be breastfed, advocating instead a diet of barley extract supplemented with corn syrup or honey. [citationneeded]

In Scientology doctrine, Xenu (also Xemu) is an alien ruler of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living, and continue to cause problems today
    What else could you expect from a Sci Fi author?

Odinsonthor is one of those fruit cakes. I hear he alerts his church of any wrong doings by typing in huge bold letters on a internet forum.

downunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    Odinsonthor is one of those fruit cakes. I hear he alerts his church of any wrong doings by typing in huge bold letters on a internet forum.
    I just offened someones religious belief..oppps

I didn't mean to MOD'S...

black
    2002 corvette coupe

you've gotta be kidding me!!!! Dammit, you know, I really liked tom cruise (top gun, dayz of thunder, the last samurai, interview with a vampire, legend, Born on the fourth of july, mission 1 & 2, and some shit I know Im missing), and this just lowers him to idiocy, I mean come the hell on, Xenu, bitch please, poopoo is more like it. I think cults are fun for the members, but really a complete manipulation of a few gullible people (of course people turn to more mainstream religion for the same reason, some of them anyway, my relationship with the almighty is based on faith and goodwill towards men. These statements made in my post are my american rights to talk about idiots. and are all my personal opinion, double

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
    you've gotta be kidding me!!!! Dammit, you know, I really liked tom cruise (top gun, dayz of thunder, the last samurai, interview with a vampire, legend, Born on the fourth of july, mission 1 & 2, and some shit I know Im missing), and this just lowers him to idiocy
    I never understood why i hated every movie tom cruise has been in, and i think once i started looking at scientology i found out why. I mean the only half way decent movie he has ever done i think was the first Mission Impossible. The second one sucked ass though. I even hated "Goldmember" and he just had a cameo in that. All his movies are either cheesy/stupid/unbelievable/he tries to be 40 times cooler than he thinks he is.

BOOSTD
    Quote Originally Posted by downunder

I guess they want to give their babies botulism. Look it up, children have become seriously ill and died because of eating honey.

What idiots...

downunder
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    I never understood why i hated every movie tom cruise has been in, and i think once i started looking at scientology i found out why. I mean the only half way decent movie he has ever done i think was the first Mission Impossible. The second one sucked ass though. I even hated "Goldmember" and he just had a cameo in that. All his movies are either cheesy/stupid/unbelievable/he tries to be 40 times cooler than he thinks he is.
    I only really like him in Top Gun...

downunder
    Celebrity Scientologist

Top Five Scientology Celebs

Catherine Bell
    Tom Cruise
    Leah Remini

John Travolta
    Jenna Elfman

Celebrity Listing

Anne Archer Greta Van Susteren

Haywood Nelson

Isaac Hayes

Jason Beghe

Jason Lee

Jeff Pomerantz

Jenna Elfman

Jennifer Aspen

John Travolta

Judy Norton

Juliette Lewis

Karen Nelson Bell

Kate Ceberano

Keith Code

Kelly Preston

Kimberly Kates

Kirstie Alley

Leah Remini

Lisa Marie Presley

Lynsey Bartilson

Marisol Nichols

Michael Fairman

Michael Roberts

Michelle Stafford

Nancy Cartwright

Pablo Santos

Priscilla Presley

Rev. Alfreddie Johnson, Jr.

Sharon Case

Sofia Milos

Terry Jastrow

Tom Cruise

Xavier Deluc

Beck Hansen

Billy Sheehan

Carina Ricco

Carl W. Röhrig

Catherine Bell

Chick Corea

Chris Masterson

Corin Nemec

Danny Masterson

Edgar Winter

Eduardo Palomo

Erika Christensen

Geoffrey Lewis

Giovanni Ribisi

downunder
    The head of the Galactic Federation (76 planets around larger stars visible from here) (founded 95,000,000 years ago, very space opera) solved overpopulation (250 billion or so per planet - 178 billion on average) by mass implanting.

Everytime I read that, I crack up laughing

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

Maybe not the exact quote, but L. Ron Hubbard stated once that if you wanted to get rich, start a religion.

WHITE
    98 z28

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

so scientology is linked to the occult.. Keeps getting better......

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

so Tom Cruise is in real life.........Thundar the Barbarian.....lol...

BIGRED Z
    They need to go find a real God.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I just thought it didnt get looked at enough .

seriously, I don't understand how people can believe that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information