black
    98 WS6

Saw some awesome German Engineering today

being towed away

repo man?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

no way, repo man wouldn't use a big rig like that-they just snatch em really quick and roll out...they need something smaller

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    being towed away

Click for full size

didnt use mobil 1 as directed

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Lol its just a boxster, those are the poor mans porsches.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    Lol its just a boxster, those are the poor mans porsches.
    raw acceleration aside, ever drive one? they handle like a go kart. its like heaven taking that car through the curves. the engine also wails the sweetest song. I'd love ANY late model porsche. they are jus amazing cars when you wanna go blast through the hills, wide curves, backroads and want blood rushing out of your head braking, ungodly precise steering etc.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Wow...i would have never guessed. Had a chance to buy one for 12 grand with only 70k miles on it. And there were 3 others in the area, all under 16 grand and 100k miles. I just figured they were for the cheap guy wanting a porsche

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Wow...i would have never guessed. Had a chance to buy one for 12 grand with only 70k miles on it. And there were 3 others in the area, all under 16 grand and 100k miles. I just figured they were for the cheap guy wanting a porsche
    some porsche guys think the boxster handles the best out of them all minus the gt2/gt3 and carrera gt. those cars could be good deals if they were maintained properly and when they were supposed to. those cars are real reliable but you gotta service them and you gotta use porsche parts on them. put it this way they handle so well it makes up for them only running like mid to high 13s which isnt even that slow and i think the most recent model is quicker then that. its jus that most of us consider anything that doesnt run at least 12s a piece of shit so the boxster wont get much props in this crowd lol

black
    98 WS6

not a repo, the owner had to call AAA to get it towed away cause something happened to it, I didn't get the details

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

not a repo, the owner had to call AAA to get it towed away cause something happened to it, I didn't get the details
    haha yeah, if something breaks, even something trivial like a fan belt that on an ls1 or mustang you can change on the side of the road if you really have to, has to be dealer done because everything is accessed underneath on that car and the whole undercarriage has covers.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    haha yeah, if something breaks, even something trivial like a fan belt that on an ls1 or mustang you can change on the side of the road if you really have to, has to be dealer done because everything is accessed underneath on that car and the whole undercarriage has covers.
    Exactly why i didnt buy it. I looked at it at the dealership. Absolutely stunning car, i loved the car itself. But he popped the trunk, and i said no. Unbelievably inaccessible.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Exactly why i didnt buy it. I looked at it at the dealership. Absolutely stunning car, i loved the car itself. But he popped the trunk, and i said no. Unbelievably inaccessible.
    definitely not a car for someone that isnt REALLY technically proficient and likes to work on their car. you either really know the car or have no problems with being accustomed to going to the dealer for service. the 911 for some reason can be serviced to some degree with the rear hood open though. jus the layout of that midengine design on that boxster, you cant work on the fugger.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Yea exactly. I like workin on what i buy, thats the point of buying it IMO. Unfortunately the LS1 is 10x more difficult to work on than my old four-six

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Yea exactly. I like workin on what i buy, thats the point of buying it IMO. Unfortunately the LS1 is 10x more difficult to work on than my old four-six
    you feel that way cause of the fbody cowl or jus the engine in general? you cant beat a spark plug change on a 4.6 mustang lol easiest serpentine belt ever, chuck the stupid stock air cleaner lol easy power steering rack to replace lol headers, starter motors, pulling a cyl head..... those jobs can suck REAL bad

black
    98 WS6

another funny fact:
    there is a mechanic shop 2 doors down frrom my work; I gave the owner phone number to it, the answer - "we don't work on porsches"

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

The whole car in general man. Lowering springs took me 2 days to do, 3 hours on the stang. Plugs took 4 hours on the TA, 30 minutes on the stang. I just like Ford engineering over GM engineering, as far as accessibility. Then theres the ride of my stang versus the TA...no comparison. Mustang drove like a caddy, TA drives like its a on water. Its heavy, hard to maneuver, and the seats are much stiffer.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

another funny fact:
    there is a mechanic shop 2 doors down frrom my work; I gave the owner phone number to it, the answer - "we don't work on porsches"
    i dont blame them one bit. if you dont know that car and you get yourself involved you are really shooting yourself in the foot.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

The whole car in general man. Lowering springs took me 2 days to do, 3 hours on the stang. Plugs took 4 hours on the TA, 30 minutes on the stang. I just like Ford engineering over GM engineering, as far as accessibility. Then theres the ride of my stang versus the TA...no comparison. Mustang drove like a caddy, TA drives like its a on water. Its heavy, hard to maneuver, and the seats are much stiffer.
    i noticed i like the design of silly things on fords better such as electrical connectors, the way door panels come off, just for ease of service.

one thing i dont like about the fbod is when i drive one i feel like im centered inside a boat lol and you can feel the chassis flex on bumps. however i think t/a seats are far superior to the seats in a 4.6 mustang, and stock for stock they handle better.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Yea, thats what i mean, it sways and just feels heavy and unstable. Obviously there are things to fix that. Ah i dunno what stock for stock is like. Both mine had springs and fat,flat tires. So they both didnt ride WELL per se, but in comparison, the mustang rode much nicer.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Yea, thats what i mean, it sways and just feels heavy and unstable. Obviously there are things to fix that. Ah i dunno what stock for stock is like. Both mine had springs and fat,flat tires. So they both didnt ride WELL per se, but in comparison, the mustang rode much nicer.
    the ls1 kicks a 2 valve 4.6s ass everyday of the week and twice on sundays though lol the 2 valve 4.6 is a total turd up top

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information