Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Cool Saved 2 people yesterday and I almost drowned.

Yesterday I went to the beach to relax a bit. as I was in the water the waves were bigger than average, but it didn't stop anyone from going into the water. Next think I know, there is a very STRONG current that started to pull me away from the shore and I barely feel the sand with my feet. Now, I know how to swim, but I am not the best out there.

That same second a wave was coming towards me. I knew that I could not jump up over the wave because at this point I cant feel the ground anymore, so I ride it out by diving into it. As soon a I submerge, I hear a lady almost whispering to me. "Please pull me. Please pull me" She was a bit further out in the water than I was, she was a bit of trouble. She reached her hand out and I grabbed her hand and Slingshot her towards the shore as the next wave was coming in. That wave floated her right to the shore line where she got to her feet and water was to her waist line.

I was still in a bit trouble. the current was pulling me more away and now I am just as far as the lady was. I see another wave coming and I give everything I have in my strength to swim towards the shore and hoping the wave will bring me there. I try my best but the current is still to strong. Now I am getting exhausted and hoping the lifeguard will notice me before its too late.

Thats when Someone Grabs my Right Shoulder and my Arm. He pulls me down with him. It was some Asian dude who also got pulled by the current and he was taking me down with him. Out of desperation for AIR because he pulled me down with out me breathing in enough air I went into the Fight or Flight mode I kicked him off of me and resurfaced. Then by some miracle I caught my balance and actually stood up with the water level around my mouth and I start to swim again towards the shoreline. The Asian dude somehow grabs me again. He was probably around 5'5 and I am 5'11 I can feel the ground, but he cant, so he is still in trouble. he grabs my right arm again and screams "Help me" at the same time I use my left arm to signal to the lifeguard still hoping they would spot the trouble in the water.

As the lady earlier, I sling shot him towards the shore as the wave comes crashing down and sweeps both of us to the shore. I literally Crawled out from sheer exhaustion. Also figure someone would help me to my feet, but there was too much commotion because that current that pulled me, the lady and the Asian dude was so strong that there were a lot of people that were in trouble. Almost all of the lifeguards were in the water assisting everyone that needed help.

once on the beach I collapsed into the beach chair and just relaxed. ended up burning my legs from the sun. On the bright side, seen lots of cleavage when the waves knock the tops off. Its probably the only time you can see some Jail-Bait cleavage with out getting into trouble.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

@ jailbait

glad ur ok.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Good work. Jail bait comment is too funny though

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Damn japs...always surprise attacking people and shit.

Living the Dream LS1FirehawkWS6's Avatar

2000 Trans-Am
    2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ

giggity

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Good job saving some people! jail bait...

Black
    99 Z28

hey, if they didn't say thanks, let me say it for them. THANKS! It takes someone extraordinary to give up thinking about their own safety to make sure someone else is okay. We'd all like to think that we'd do that, but many people would not and most of us will never know for sure what we'd do in that situation. You do, and now, you can say you'd react the way that someone great would react. You've just taken away your right to ever say that your life doesn't matter. With out you, those two people may not have a life now. Good job!

Oh yeah, I love the jail bait comment too.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

glad u r alive.............I say screw A BUNCH OF OCEAN SWIMMIMG !

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

did you cop a feel???

They are called rip currents.For future reference swim parallel to shore til you get out of it.Happens alot down here.

http://www.ripcurrents.noaa.gov/
    Last edited by flash; 07-20-2008 at 06:34 AM.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Thanks Milhouse.

In all honest Truth, I did think about swimming parallel, but 2 things prevented me from doing that.

First was the the Asian dude that was holding on to me and pulling me down. And second was the fact is that I was almost touching the ground with my feet, I was inches away from catching my balance.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    did you cop a feel???
    NO, didn't you read??? The asian guy was too busy feelin him up...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Yeah, rip tide or (more accurately) rip current. I grew up on the west coast 3 miles from the ocean so as a kid I was out there alot. As has been stated, you have to swim parallel to the shore to get out of it.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

yeah, next time kick the asian guy in the stomach for a push off to swim parralel to shore. Then when you get onto shore and he's brought in by the lifeguards, yell at him " next time get swimming lessons asshole!". in all seriousness, good job man. Good job not drowning and preventing those people from drowning. I've been in that situation before and other swimmers can literally kill you when they latch onto you out of fear. I'm good at rip currents though, i either swim parralel or swim under water into wave and then paralel. Its much harder when u have dead weight hanging on you though. People really need to be more careful out there. I seriously think that more people that think they know how to swim really should take lessons. The goofy feeling of takin lessons is nothing when the alternative is drowining.

my 2 cents. And I was only joking about kickin the asian guy for a pushoff, to all you guys that will spank me for this thread being serious lol

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Good job man. You are the new Hoff.

Jailbait cleavage. You should be ashamed.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

damn....your a lucky guy!......i saw 3 people drown at the ocean once because of a freak wave.........one dude that was with us pulled one body out of the water put it was way too late ...the other 2 never came back up........i have much respect for the ocean

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Good job man

I've been lifeguarding since 2004 and never have had to save someone

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Good job man, did the right thing. I had a friend drown this summer during the flood, he yelled for help but the people there with him thought he was joking, three hours later the fireboat snagged his body from the bottom with a drag line and hooks. 7 people just watched him drown. To be fair though, they were all underage drinking. And when they realized he wasn't comming back up. They freaked. One called 911 and everyone else split cause they didn't want to be caught drinking.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Good job man, did the right thing. I had a friend drown this summer during the flood, he yelled for help but the people there with him thought he was joking, three hours later the fireboat snagged his body from the bottom with a drag line and hooks. 7 people just watched him drown. To be fair though, they were all underage drinking. And when they realized he wasn't comming back up. They freaked. One called 911 and everyone else split cause they didn't want to be caught drinking.
    Thats awful, and very selfish. I'm the person that takes shit like that serious. Drinking or not. Who cares if you are underage, take the beating like a man and save your friend. A dead person you live with that shit forever. Underage drinking you would get a slap on the wrist and your parents would whoop your ass. Big deal. Thats just awful.

Swimming lessons people! Man am I glad my parents had me taking them when i was like 4 yrs old for several years. I can jump in the water and its like second nature. I live in the water if i have the opportunity lol

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    damn thats sad as hell......

Thread Information