View Poll Results: Which Satellite Provider is better?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Direct TV

1 50.00%
  • Dish Network

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
  • Don't know

1 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

Which Satellite provider is better?

I am looking at going with either Direct TV or Dish Network. I was just wondering which one is better from someone who knows first hand.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I have and like Dish Network.

white
    1997 dodge dakota

dish network so many channels

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

clouds/10

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

DirectTV kicks that ass....

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

We had Direct here and the service sucked. They kept blaming trees. We cut probably 30 trees (no exaggeration) and reception was still poor, causing our TV to cut in and out. The service techs came out numerous times and they all 'adjusted' the dish to no avail. We got Dish in here now and no problems yet, knock on wood.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I used my cousins dish system a few times, seems awesome imo.

Compare the packages and see which one you like better for the price, because plenty of other people swear by direct TV.

Just look at what package you want and how much you want to pay. They both have decent websites that will compare packages, check em out.

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Yet another poll that can't be voted in.... I like Direct TV.

1998 Pontiac TA WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BdAsBrd01 View Post
    Yet another poll that can't be voted in.... I like Direct TV.
    Whats up with that? Is there something wrong with the polls? Or do I do something wrong?

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Had 'em both. You'll like Direct tv til you get Dish. Hands down Dish is the better satellite provider and they have better customer service

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Yea i work at dish, and thats probably the only reason i even have a satellite provider but yea dish is cool and my cousins has direct tv but i think my dish is easier to use but then again i had training for the dish deal

You can ask me any questions about dish if you wish as well

Black
    1999 Trans Am

What day and time does dish send out the scrambling signal to de-activate the card in the reciever when service is cancelled?........

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    What day and time does dish send out the scrambling signal to de-activate the card in the reciever when service is cancelled?........
    That gets pretty weird sometimes cause Ive had people that i pull up the account as canceled and then they still claim to be watching tv and then there's people that cant see it anymore but they have set their service to get canceled about 2 days out

But i haven't done tech/customer service in about a year either, i believe its supposed to be sent out as soon as the account is canceled in the system

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Don't plan on cancelling mine just had a buddy that claims he got free satellite for 6 months cuz someone told him when the scrambler signal got sent out. So he'd just unplug his reciever when they'd send it out and plug it back in after for some free tv watching.

1998 Pontiac TA WS6

Well, actually I already have Direct TV. Its a long story but I'm getting ready to drop their ass. Piss poor customer service. I called them to see if they would give me an HD/DVR. They said no, that I would have to pay for it. So I called Dish network and they said they'd not only give me one, but they'd give me another HD receiver for my other TV. Well, I called Direct TV to cancel and they offered me a deal: We'll give you the HD/DVR if you stay on with Direct. So, just to prevent a hassle, I stayed with Direct. But made CLEAR to them that I wanted to keep the old HD receiver in addition to the new HD/DVR. And they had agreed to that. When the guy showed up, he must have grabbed my other receiver because I had already unhooked it and set it aside. So I called to raise hell, and to make an already long story short, they have been giving me a hard time about giving me the HD receiver back. I HATE direct TV. Its not even about the money anymore as much as the principle. They lied to me and I'll drop their ass if they don't return it. They're supposed to be giving me a call back in the next couple of days, and if they don't give me the receiver I'm saying to direct tv and going with dish. End of rant.

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 408WS6 View Post
    Well, actually I already have Direct TV. Its a long story but I'm getting ready to drop their ass. Piss poor customer service. I called them to see if they would give me an HD/DVR. They said no, that I would have to pay for it. So I called Dish network and they said they'd not only give me one, but they'd give me another HD receiver for my other TV. Well, I called Direct TV to cancel and they offered me a deal: We'll give you the HD/DVR if you stay on with Direct. So, just to prevent a hassle, I stayed with Direct. But made CLEAR to them that I wanted to keep the old HD receiver in addition to the new HD/DVR. And they had agreed to that. When the guy showed up, he must have grabbed my other receiver because I had already unhooked it and set it aside. So I called to raise hell, and to make an already long story short, they have been giving me a hard time about giving me the HD receiver back. I HATE direct TV. Its not even about the money anymore as much as the principle. They lied to me and I'll drop their ass if they don't return it. They're supposed to be giving me a call back in the next couple of days, and if they don't give me the receiver I'm saying to direct tv and going with dish. End of rant.
    Sounds like the shit we have to go through with Comcast. They're totally worthless. Have internet and cable with them and they have had to credit us with three weeks out of the last six due to bad signal/internet and cable being either slow or completely out. Basically they just don't give a shit, they've sent techs out to our house 3X and the "maintainence truck out twice with little or no result. All of my neighbors are having the same problem and are pissed too. It's working now but I'm not holding out any hopes for it lasting. I had direct tv a few years ago before we moved here and didn't have any probs sounds like they've gotten as bad as Comcast.
    As to the Poll, no I don't think there's anything you've done wrong. A few people, myself included have started a poll only to find that noone can actually vote, or maybe just one or two people can. don't know what's up with that.

white
    2000 Z28

for sports directv all day long. especially when you bet on sports.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    DirectTV kicks that ass....

Agree, cant go wrong with Direct TV weve got it and love it!

my buddy used to have Dish and it had too many issues, he switched to cable
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Had DISH now have DirecTv, no comparison, DirecTV all the way...

white
    99 Trans am

Directv has better sports.
    I've been with DTV since mid 90's and never had any issues with their service. We recently moved and got free upgrade to HD/DVR (no issue with keeping the previous HD reciever for use in another room too). Just like any co they seem to always offer the good deals to new customers, but every time we've talked to them we've never had to pay to upgrade a reciever. As part of our recent move they also gave us another free standard reciever for the bedroom. never gave this reciever much thought as it was not hooked to a HD tv and when the install tech was hooking it up he noted it was older and recomended getting a new one. It did take one follow up call with DTV because the order was lost in their system, but a free receiver was on my door step a week later and they didn't want the old reciever back either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information