Thread: sad doggie day

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

sad doggie day

One of my favorite dogs in the whole world died today. Stupid little Dachshund did something unseen to torque her back, probably jumping up or down on something I'm sure, and paralyzed herself.

Not my Dachshund, belongs to a friend that my gf and I puppysit for all the time. She was a sweet little weenie that would snuggle with me on the couch while I watched tv. I just chased her around the neighborhood a few weeks ago when she dug under the fence.

No more nose lunges at my face. No more sitting with me on the couch. No more chewing up my shoes if I forget to put them out of reach. No more securing the perimeter to keep her from escaping. I am very sad.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Always sad to hear of anybody's pet biting the dust.

It's the main reason I'll never have another. Too many of mine have passed already for me to deal with another.

I am reminded of my last pet (16 lb male Tuxedo Kitty). I played chase the string with him the night before he passed on the top of my couch. He was ~16 years old but it still broke me up to see him sitting there with his eyes blue and his body stone cold...

Wait till Kahana Reef hears this....
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 11-24-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is a horrible feeling.

I'm still going through missing one of my Dachshunds that had to be put down recently.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Sorry to hear man Having a close friend die whether it's a dog, cat or person never gets easy and sometimes makes you to not even want friends or pets. But in the end sharing the good times in life makes it worth it.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Always sad to hear of anybody's pet biting the dust.

It's the main reason I'll never have another. Too many of mine have passed already for me to deal with another.I am reminded of my last pet (16 lb male Tuxedo Kitty). I played chase the string with him the night before he passed on the top of my couch. He was ~16 years old but it still broke me up to see him sitting there with his eyes blue and his body stone cold...

Wait till Kahana Reef hears this....
    That's the hardest part of loving animals. There will come a day when you lose them. But, I couldn't imagine my life without them. They are truly my constant companions.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sorry to hear

Can you get one for yourself?

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Thanks, that's what I needed, some other pet people to share the pain a little with me. I'm one of those socially awkward types that often gets along better with animals than people so I'm a little extra bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Sorry to hear

Can you get one for yourself?
    ya ya I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, including one Dachshund. A lot of people in my life have Dachshunds, I've gotten very attached to the breed in general and the individuals specifically. This one was one of my favorites...

Mine is sitting with me now trying to cheer me up.

Grey
    2003 R/T

Just put down my pekingese/shih tzu mix i had with an ex. We rescued him from a shelter and gave him the best years of his life, cried for hours and still get teary eyed once in a while. he was the best dog ive ever had and ever will have R.I.P bearface

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I named my last cat Shadow cuz he followed me everwhere (like whatever I was doing at the moment was the most important/interesting thing in his life).

He wasn't the 1st pet I'd had. Just the last closest.

He was a stray that I took in. I had him for almost 10 years. I had a couple of outdoors kitties after that but at my age I begin to wonder who is gonna outlast whom...

Therefore no more animals (even though I've been thinking on a small dog or another kitty)...

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I named my last cat Shadow cuz he followed me everwhere (like whatever I was doing at the moment was the most important/interesting thing in his life).

He wasn't the 1st pet I'd had. Just the last closest.

He was a stray that I took in. I had him for almost 10 years. I had a couple of outdoors kitties after that but at my age I begin to wonder who is gonna outlast whom...

Therefore no more animals (even though I've been thinking on a small dog or another kitty)...
    I have a black cat whose name is Sammie but I call her my little shadow too, because she used to always be underfoot, especially in the middle of the night when I'd go to the bathroom or kitchen. I was convinced that she'd be the death of me one night, getting under foot and tripping me in the hall, as I never saw her coming...

She's 17 now, she spends most of her time sleeping now. Barring the unexpected with the others, she will be the first of my crew to go. I'm already trying to prepare for that.

Thread Information