Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

running crew in here

alright, I run about 5 miles a day. Last night after my run my right achillies <sp? tendon was very stiff. this morning a wake up and still have a stiff right ankle. I go for my run anyway and warm up by walking about a quarter mile. Now I only got about a mile or so into it today. it hurts pretty bad and I'm walking with a limp. I had about a month where I didn't run at all. and then I picked right back up where I left off so you guys think maybe I just strained it or what? I just got some new EVO running shoes 2 days ago. I've never had anything like this happen so.... should I wrap it with a ACE, put ice on it or what?

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

I don't run much anymore, but I did when I was in the military. While taking a break for a while and trying to pick back up right where you left off may have made things worse, you said you just switched shoes. It might possibly be that the shoes just aren't right for you too. I've gotten a pair of shoes before and used them a few times and put them away for good because they felt wrong and made my feet hurt running before. That might be your problem. I'd take a break from running or anything else that might strain your legs for a few days and see if feels better - try wearing some comfy shoes for those days. Would be really bad to try to run on it more right now because you might cause a more severe injury.

Hope this helps!

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I don't run much anymore, but I did when I was in the military. While taking a break for a while and trying to pick back up right where you left off may have made things worse, you said you just switched shoes. It might possibly be that the shoes just aren't right for you too. I've gotten a pair of shoes before and used them a few times and put them away for good because they felt wrong and made my feet hurt running before. That might be your problem. I'd take a break from running or anything else that might strain your legs for a few days and see if feels better - try wearing some comfy shoes for those days. Would be really bad to try to run on it more right now because you might cause a more severe injury.

Hope this helps!
    I'll do that, The shoes are almost 200 bucks.... My feet don't hurt at all. Prior I was running in some worn out skate shoes LOL. I'll stay off my shit for a couple days.

I think its still safe to ride a bike though. I can't stand not doing something like that, no gym membership FTL

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I used to do cross country, so I know how this stuff goes. you should do a good 1/4 jog warm up before you run, and do some stretching. stretching makes a huge difference, before and after you go for a run. I dunno if you stretch after you run, but it can really help avoid aches and pains the day after you start running again. you should probably ease yourself back into it again, so you don't strain yourself. And not all running shoes fit the same, I found out that Asics fit my feet best, since I have flat feet and they have cushioning in the right places. I went to a running shop like, 5 years ago to find out what brand would fit my feet best. I had New Balances before, and switching to Asics of the same price was a world of a difference. really helped me out while running 6 miles a day since it was way more comfortable and took alot of shock out of my ankles.

05 Ducati 999
    06 Mazdaspeed6

Drink water, take motrin, call me in the morning! haha j/k thats what the corpsman would tell us. Its sounds like you have achellies tendonitus (cant spell!) I used to have it. Is your achellies tendon like black or bruised? Thats what i think it is.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Stop running.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by DEZI425 View Post
    Drink water, take motrin, call me in the morning! haha j/k thats what the corpsman would tell us. Its sounds like you have achellies tendonitus (cant spell!) I used to have it. Is your achellies tendon like black or bruised? Thats what i think it is.
    If my heel turned black I wouldn't be asking any question because I know that....

Black doesn't work!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

gotta stretch before you go run and run at a slow pace if you are starting back up. If you are running and you feel pains or its burning bad sometimes its good to stop running and go into a walk. Its also important to walk around right after you run so the blood circulates properly. Always stretch afterwards.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

$200 shoes!!

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    $200 shoes!!
    when you run a lot its worth every penny

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    when you run a lot its worth every penny
    I use to run for track and cross country and for the fun of it and I never had or needed $200 shoes. But hey, what ever you think you need to be more comfortable or efficient.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

most I've spent on shoes is $80... but those fancy ones sure are comfy.

Black
    , 2007 CBR600RR

200 eh... sound slike you got your ducks in a row..

MAN THE FUCK UP PUSSY.
    j/k.. idk.

Thread Information