Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

rottweiller kills baby...not a pit bull.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

youthanize the owners???

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Yeah....as much as I love pits and hate the rep they get

I don't give a shit what breed attacks. Do what Spaz said to the owners.

pewter
    99 trans am

thats basically why i posted this....all breeds can attack...bottom line.

$ 25,000 panty dropper VENOMOUS's Avatar

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

Rottweiller DOES NOT KILL BABY!!

As a Rottie owner I agree with most that it's the owners fault and they should be EUTHANIZED! I don't ,however, agree with the title name as Rotties have a bad enough rap as it is and they say in the REPORT that they DO NOT KNOW WHICH DOG KILLED THE BABY AS THERE WERE MANY THERE.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    thats basically why i posted this....all breeds can attack...bottom line.
    when was the last time you read "poodle attacks and kills baby"? ALL breeds don't kill. I know you're a fan of the breed but you can't ignore facts. I've had pits and a rott. Good dogs when raised correctly but I would never have either with small kids in the house. Not necessarily worried about my kids but mroe for their friends or kids of my friends. When/if a pit attacks it does far far more damage than a lot of other breeds. They also account for much more attacks than the majority of breeds. Of 2200 attacks they accounted for 50% and almost 50% of the deaths.

dog bite statistics

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I would never have either with small kids in the house.
    nobody really cares if you have them in your house at any point or not... as long as you don't try and tell the rest of us that we can or can't have them in our house at any point.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    nobody really cares if you have them in your house at any point or not... as long as you don't try and tell the rest of us that we can or can't have them in our house at any point.
    People can have whatever dog they want....I've owned tons of different breeds. The problem is when people own these dogs that have no business owning them. I do however have a problem with the arguement that they are just like every other dog out there....they aren't. They're purpose built breeds and their very good at it.

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    ALL breeds don't kill.
    i didnt say that all breeds kill...i said all breeds attack....just depends on the dog....attacks can range from biting your pinky toe to ripping your throat out....as far as pit bulls being purpose bred dogs, the only purpose my pits ever had were to be our family dogs....sure, when tangled with the occasional stray dog that wandered into our yard, the pits usually were dominant in the fight, but other than that, never a sign of violence from them. i admit i am biased in this discussion because i have a pit, maybe i shouldnt have posted this.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    i didnt say that all breeds kill...i said all breeds attack....just depends on the dog....attacks can range from biting your pinky toe to ripping your throat out....as far as pit bulls being purpose bred dogs, the only purpose my pits ever had were to be our family dogs....sure, when tangled with the occasional stray dog that wandered into our yard, the pits usually were dominant in the fight, but other than that, never a sign of violence from them. i admit i am biased in this discussion because i have a pit, maybe i shouldnt have posted this.
    na, it's cool. I know what you're getting at. I also wasn't saying you said they kill. I'm saying pits,rotts,chows, and a bunch of other full size dogs have the ability to kill. All dogs may bite but when a pit does it the damage is usually a lot more than many other breeds out there. That's why they get the bad press and reputation. FWIW I've owned every breed up there I listed and just bought a St Benard so I'm not saying this just out of my ass. As long as the dog is raised correctly there's usually no problems but if there is a problem it's not going to be pretty normally. Like I also said....I'd never own a pit or rott with my kids here and being so young. I'd like to own one again someday but kids just aren't predictable so it's the recipe for bad things to happen.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I think it's a frame up. Obviously a pit broke in, killed it, and snuck back out.

black black black
    77 swb

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post

I wouldn't care if you had lions and tigers in your house. If your stupidity causes someone to get killed, I also wouldn't care if the father of a child your lion killed beat you to within an inch of your life.

People want a free country, let us make it completely free and see what happens.

Remember that chimp that ate that lady's face, the bitch owner seemed more worried about the stupid chimp. I hate people that put animals ahead of human beings. Makes me sick.

When my girlfriend gets mad at one of our dogs, my typical response is this.

"I will take them both to the pound right now if you want"

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bodyman5000 View Post
    if the father of a child your lion killed beat you to within an inch of your life.
    if i had a lion and it did that i would totally deserve it. to think otherwise is idiotic... thanks for pointing that out, i bet nobody else ever thought of that.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

God that's aweful.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

On that list Orion, where are the Chihuahua numbers? I have only been bitting my those dogs (3 times). I am sure that I am not the only one. They have never been serious, but they are bites.

(disclaimer, lol) I am in no way saying chihuahuas are as dangerous as any other dog out there, just that their numbers need to be counted, because I bet they are high.

I have 2 mastiff's and they wouldn't hurt a fly.... The biggest mastiff is scared of stink bugs. He walks way out around them when a stink bug is walking across the floor.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

In my experience a dog is only as mean as his owner lets him be no matter the breed. That being said some dog breeds just weren't bred to be family dogs and when their owners forget bad things can happen.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Also got too many dumbasses that want a mean dog and want that "thug" dog so they get them a pit or rotty and chain it up 24/7 then it gets mean

Those who get the poodles aren't looking for a mean dog and normally dont chain it up outside 24/7

But I definitely agree it's the owner that makes the dog

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTAWS6 View Post
    On that list Orion, where are the Chihuahua numbers? I have only been bitting my those dogs (3 times). I am sure that I am not the only one. They have never been serious, but they are bites.

(disclaimer, lol) I am in no way saying chihuahuas are as dangerous as any other dog out there, just that their numbers need to be counted, because I bet they are high.
    I don't see any on there. Who in the hell reports a chihuahua bite though? Interestingly enough though there's 1 death by pomeranian.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I had to report one from a chihuahua. It was a customers dog and she called into the office one day to apologize again and my boss got wind of it. So it then went into the books

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information