1978 Corvette

Roethlisberger Vs. Windshield

I think thats going leave a mark. I hope he will ok for next year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5687558

What hurts worse?
    Your head thru a windshield or
    Bill Cower yelling at you after he told you not to ride that thing without a helmet
    Last edited by 98MustGT; 06-12-2006 at 11:39 AM.

white
    99 camaro z/28

I hope he's ok too.It would be a real shame for him if his career was over because of that.In answer to your question...I think it's a toss-up

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

what in the hell are pro athletes doing riding motorcycles? I thought their contracts forbid them from riding bikes. Kellen Winslow Jr. took a header and was lost for the season.
    Hope Big Ben is ok though, you hate to see these guys get hurt and then hurt their team.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

I wonder what the extent of the injuries are? Pat's fan here, but certainly hope he's ok.

black
    98 WS6

Quote {
    In May 2005, Steelers coach Bill Cowher lectured Roethlisberger on the dangers of riding without a helmet.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."
    }
    "According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement."
    looks like a helmet would have prevented 90% of his injuries

Hayabusa as a laid back motorcycle

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

guys, though i want him to recover too, his choice out of ignorance to ride w/out a helmet. i dont have sympathy for stupidity. there's a reason god made someone smart enough to invent helmets as protection for this very reason. maybe he's learned something from this, but only time will tell if that holds true.

makes you wonder if he'd take the field w/out strapping on a helmet first too...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Sideline reporter and ex-Steeler Craig Woofley, a bike rider also, was on a program and gave his $.02. He said, 1st, at 24 we all did some very stupid things that seemed perfectly fine at the time. 2nd, the same thing in a mans head that sees a 300lb. linebacker coming at him and holding the ball till the last moment to throw is the same thing that makes a man take risks in other avenues of life. You don't turn it off and on.
    Now all the current reports are that Ben will have a full recovery. The broken jaw will propably be the biggest problem for being able to play this season because of not being able to keep the weight on on a liquid diet. Gary Busey was an avid opponet of helmet laws until he had his accident, now he won't ride without one. Let's see if Ben changes his mind about that one.
    I live in a state with a helmet law and don't mind. I ride and wouldn't think about riding without a helmet.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    I will undoubtedly piss several of you off by saying this but I DO NOT believe in laws that "protect" us from ourselves. Helmet and seatbelt laws are a couple of them. Don't get me wrong, every time I've ridden a motorcycle I've worn a helmet and every time I'm in a car I wear my seatbelt. However, it should not be the government's decision to protect us from ourselves, especially if they are going to make money enforcing our "protection". What Ben did was careless and straight up stupid but hey, it was HIS own PERSONAL decision. If I would have been in his place I wouldn't have even been on a motorcycle in the first place. He is the youngest QB EVER to lead his team to a Super Bowl victory, he is rich, and he is famous. Why on earth would you jeopardize that? But anyway, my point is that there should not be laws for personal civilian protection. If I don't want to wear a helmet or seatbelt, even though that would be dumb, I shouldn't be required to. Its a personal decision that affects only the person making the decision. Period.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate
    Its a personal decision that affects only the person making the decision. Period.
    unfortunately it does not only affect the one person. that one person in most cases has family. family of which instead of accepting thier parent, child, grandchildren, or grandparent chose to not wear protective equipment. what do these family members do, THEY SUE. they go after anyone and everyone to aquire money to 'ease the pain' that a member of their family chose not to do as a result of thier family members actions or lack there-of. no one in America accepts resonsability for their actions anymore. if anything society has proven that its easier to blame others and sue than to take responsability for ones actions. Does the multi-million dollar lawsuit that the dumbass was awarded for spilling hot Mc'Donalds coffee in their lap ring a bell? They knew it was hot and yet despite thier stupidity and being scolded by hot coffee as a result of thier actions, not Mc'Donalds they get millions. How many times were they burnt by hot water or coffee in their life and did they sue the water company or the manufacturer of the faucets, FUCK NO!!! Society is going to hell faster everyday than people care to believe or care about. just look around you, its everywhere. and its sad.

or a piece of debris flies off a truck and hits the unprotected rider which causes that rider to hit you ?

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot
    I wonder what the extent of the injuries are? Pat's fan here, but certainly hope he's ok.
    I'm a Pats fan too. I'm glad Brady is more careful than others.

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
    unfortunately it does not only affect the one person. that one person in most cases has family. family of which instead of accepting thier parent, child, grandchildren, or grandparent chose to not wear protective equipment. what do these family members do, THEY SUE. they go after anyone and everyone to aquire money to 'ease the pain' that a member of their family chose not to do as a result of thier family members actions or lack there-of. no one in America accepts resonsability for their actions anymore. if anything society has proven that its easier to blame others and sue than to take responsability for ones actions. Does the multi-million dollar lawsuit that the dumbass was awarded for spilling hot Mc'Donalds coffee in their lap ring a bell? They knew it was hot and yet despite thier stupidity and being scolded by hot coffee as a result of thier actions, not Mc'Donalds they get millions. How many times were they burnt by hot water or coffee in their life and did they sue the water company or the manufacturer of the faucets, FUCK NO!!! Society is going to hell faster everyday than people care to believe or care about. just look around you, its everywhere. and its sad.
    I'm going to have to agree with you there. I didn't think about that aspect of things but you're right. Technically, I'm right but I forgot about family members that look everywhere but at their family member that caused the injury or death.

For instance, there is an irrigation canal that runs through my home town and a kid drowned in it a few weeks ago. He (12) and a friend (15) had been drinking and decided to swim in the canal. There is a 10+ foot tall fence all along the canal and there are warning signs all over it that read things like "STAY ALIVE BY STAYING OUT" and "WARNING: DANGEROUS CURRENTS. DO NOT SWIM IN CANAL" and where do you think the parents of the kid are looking? You probably guessed it, at the organization that operates the canal. They don't think it is their responsibility to keep their fucking kid out of the canal apparently. You're right, it is very sad.

black
    98 WS6

Think about the insurance rates too. If every accidents ends up in the hospital with vewry expensive treatment the rates would go up

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I dont see why anyone would want to ride without a helmet.. The first thing to hit asphalt is your face.. YOUR FACE .. Mine may not be great but I am quiet fond of it as is. I see guys all the time riding bike without leathers or even gloves..

Shit
    They're asking for it too. If you ever fell down riding your skateboard or roller skates, you know how much damage that can do to your skin even at 15 MPH. Just imagine 75 MPH. I've never been fond of two wheels, especially with the soccer moms in minivans not paying attention, truckers on drugs, etc. Hell, its dangerous enough in a car, much less a motorcycle. Your side impact beams are your femurs on those things, lol. Big Ben is very lucky to sustain the injuries he did. Hopefully he'll wake up and learn that the risk is DEFINITELY not worth the reward, especially in his case. What a life to potentially throw away.

green
    95 firebird

i hope he heals 100% but he's stupid. its not like he has a normal desk job either. athletes are paid b/c their bodies are in great shape/can do things better then the normal man.

Shit
    Exactly. If he can't perform then he better hope he has enough money to last him for a long time.

Thread Information