Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

RIP Robert Jordan.... RIP

Robert Jordan passed away on Sunday from an exceedingly rare blood diesease, cardiac amyloidosis.

For those of you who don't know, he was the author of the Wheel of Time fantasy book series... which, im my, and many other peoples opinions, was the best fantasy series ever. He sold over 10 million copies of the 11 book, 10,000+ page long series.

The worst part is, as selfish as I feel for saying this, is that he was working on the 12th, and final, book of the series. A book that promised to weigh in at 2000+ pages, and wrap up every loose end in the truely epic and in-depth series that we had all loved dearly.... I can only hope that it will still be released, because he had made it clear that he had finished the ending of the book, all of the plot outlines and whatnot, as well as had finished writing a large section of the book already. It helps that his wife was his editor throughout the series, and is a writer in her own right. So, it seems likely that the book will still be released sometime in the future, but if I ever do read it, it will be with bittersweet satisfaction. I dare say book 12 will be his eulogy, and better one could never be asked for, because it is/will be his crowning acheivment as one of the best novelists EVER. The end to a series that was 17 years old, starting with the first book released in 1990.

Rest in Peace Robert Jordan, or James Oliver Rigney, which was his real name.

Rest in Peace, because you, one of the best novelists ever, will never be forgotten, or your work.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

I guess nobody here reads books. Thats a shame.

BLUE
    2000 SS CAMARO

I read all of his books. he is the author that got me excited about reading again...

I had heard that the 12th book was the next to last book, and yes I agree with you about feeling left out. I have read these books for 11 years and now I just feel "ignored"
    Selfish I know, but I can't help it.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Yea, 13 was the original plan, but was aware that his health was getting worse, and was just going to make 12 huge...

BLUE
    2000 SS CAMARO

I read yesterday that the family has all of the notes and plt to complete the last book so it is up to them to finish the series...

Thread Information