Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP

2011 Prius

RIP

Well, here goes the story, with pics. I was at close friends, or g/f (if we can call it that...) grandpa's nursery. I was talking to him, because I was worried about her. We talked, for almost a good hour, about what we we're concerned about and what's the good course of action. But keeping this portion short, we decided what I needed to do and went on my way. I drive down the road, was turning onto the main road. Slower then I normally do, you come on this road at pretty much 160 Degree angle, you can normally take it at 60 MPh solid as a rock. I was doing 45-50 MPh due to the rear end being strange. I came around nice clunk and grind and my rear end shot out on the passenger side, shooting the nose toward the median. Now I know when you slide, if you hold the gas, even give it a hair more, you can hold through the slide... So I do so, nothing engine revved all the way up, and nothing, no power to the wheels, going side ways, freaked out slammed on the brakes. Spun the car around, went into the ditch side ways. Hit like a drainage thing, flipped the car on it roof. I sworn I crawled out the drivers window, but looking at the car, no way I did, I had to crawl out the passenger. Before I crawled out, there was two off-duty EMT guys running toward the car, back type lady, and a lawyer. By the time, I got out of the car, I can hear a FireTruck and EMT. This all happen so fast, before I even realize what truly happen, the EMT had me sitting on the back of Ambulance taking my blood pressure. All I remember was the lawyer asking me if I had any work done to the car, did anyone mess up. I remember trying to get up and beat his ass, because he annoyed me. But they pulled me back and said your blood pressure is 198 over something, they tried to keep me calm until it got lower. While they checked my back. But all in all, I was find, cut up a bit, whip lash, and slight pain in my chest now. Two cops then showed up, I talked to them. Thanked the emergency crew for the fast response, was impressed by there speed. Herd the cops argue about who's jurisdiction it is, they finally said it's FHP. They dispatched them, they said they will be there soon. The two cops was about to leave, I said,"Wow, your going to leave me here, if you don't mind I would like for you stay till FHP gets here." So they stayed, FHP got here 30-45 mins latter. I talked them, explained what happen, they did there training to the new guy, called a tow truck. Tow truck gets here, flips the car back over. I asked him how much would it be to have it towed to the house, he said 125 at first... Then he I called mom up, to ask her to get some cash out of the bank. Then he said 140, I did not feel like argue... So half way to the house, he said 140 + $3 a mile... I live like under 15 miles from the crash site, hell when we got to the house, he said first 10 miles is free. But what ever, I told him to drive home, herd there stupid story's about our cars. How they have 450 HP stock and how the new Camaroe has, a 427 CI motor and how the new Zo6, has a 427 "Supercharged". Well we get to my house, he decided to argue with my mom... At this time, my "G/F" calls... Because her step dad drove by and saw the car and I in the ditch. He did stop by and I asked if I was ok... But apparently he called her and yelled at her. Saying it was her fault I flipped my car over, since I was so damn worried about her. She in turned called me and started yelling at me, my blood pressure must have raised again... Because I never yelled at her in this way. I told her, to not fucking come home in a pissed off mood, I just wrecked my fucking car, and a bunch of other shit... I forgot what I said... I hung up, turned around and looked at the tow truck driver who was yelling at my mom. I yelled at him,"Lesson you fat ass fucker, get my damn car off the damn truck and don't hurt her anymore." My mom through the money at him, scripled on the papers. He then short changed her, he took my car of the truck, did really lower it enough and scratch my front bumper, pissed me off I said,"Look dump ass can't do a simple job right." He took my car off, then yelled at me,"Look her boy, don't get mouthy with me or I..." I just fucking lost it at this point I started yelling at him,"Your going to threaten me on my property, get the fuck off my yard, I was walking toward him, getting ready to just open a can off ass beating on him. This fat fuck runs so damn fast and jumps in his truck and speeds off.... But yea, longggg story short, bad fucking night...

But hey, I bought two loto tickets earlier, I was think well maybe something will come out of a bad night. Did not get one damn number.

2011 Prius

I have more pics to upload when I get back, all in all... I am very surprised how well the cabin held up good. All though, when I sit in the car, my top of my head sticks 2 1/2 inches through the roof now, but I did not hit my head... So yea, lucky.

PS: WEAR YOUR FUCKING SEAT BELT.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Cliff notes. Or please use paragraphs!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Damn! Yeah, rough night glad you're OK though.

You would think that the car would look worse than it does. So, you did have a little luck on your side. Even if you didn't get any numbers

On a side note: AAA is your friend

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I am amazed at how well that car held up given your account of the events. sounds like you were on the power when the rear went. sudden loss of power threw the car off balance, think instant weight transfer OFF the rear wheels. Given the speed and the fact that the sides don't look so scraped up it seems like the car went clear off the ground and landed flat on the roof. That is nothing short of amazing dynamic crush resistance for that bird. Thank god you got out ok. It seems like you may even be able to repair the car!!! I'm assuming you have full coverage? heck since you are OK just think of this as an excuse to get a fresh paint job and a new Moser rear! Also use it as a reminder why maintaining legal speeds on public roads is pretty important.

Let us know how things turn out. I'm sorry to hear about your car, you do seem to be taking it ok which is good. Afterall... a car is only a car YOU only have one life!

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

sorry to hear/see that

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

from the way they reads, are you saying that the rear end shifted in the car out of place? or the ring and pinion blew? why did the car slide? wet pavement? that blows man. its fall now, lots of wet leaves are around, you cant whip around corners anymore unless you know for sure the ground is completely clear

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

ill say it for the 1,000,000th time, why the fuck did GM cheap out and put a 7.5 s10 rear behind a car with that much power knowing that people would drive the car hard?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Wow man, sorry for the loss, but hey like everybody says at least your fine! Im surprised at hoe good the cabin held up too

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

I'm really sorry about your car and the whole fucking pain you had to go through but man the grammar!!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I have more pics to upload when I get back, all in all... I am very surprised how well the cabin held up good. All though, when I sit in the car, my top of my head sticks 2 1/2 inches through the roof now, but I did not hit my head... So yea, lucky.

PS: WEAR YOUR FUCKING SEAT BELT.
    Ive read several incidents where the roofs of our cars dont crush no where near as bad as other cars so im guessing the reinforcement for the t-top setup makes them alot stronger.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Ive read several incidents where the roofs of our cars dont crush no where near as bad as other cars so im guessing the reinforcement for the t-top setup makes them alot stronger.
    Which is interesting because you would think it would be just the opposite.

Makes me feel better anyway

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    from the way they reads, are you saying that the rear end shifted in the car out of place? or the ring and pinion blew? why did the car slide? wet pavement? that blows man. its fall now, lots of wet leaves are around, you cant whip around corners anymore unless you know for sure the ground is completely clear
    x2.

Red
    2001 ws6

oh by the way.....this post was number 666 for the OP......hmmmmm

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Sorry to hear that. Glad your ok. Now to buisness.

I need the center console lid off your TA.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sorry to hear. Too bad you weren't able to beat the lawyer's ass as a warm up for the tow driver.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    oh by the way.....this post was number 666 for the OP......hmmmmm
    Ha ha ha... good eye

White
    1999 Firehawk

Sorry to hear about it man but THANK GOD!!!! That you are fine.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

That thing is done. Sorry about that car man...

White
    97 3.8L Firebird 5 Speed

GOD DAMN!, the auto shift knob looks stupid

and that sucks man

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information