Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Was Riding behind an LS1 SS.....

And let me say wow.

I was in Bowie, Maryland after school because i was riding to golds gym with my freind in the burb. We were just riding down the road listening to some messhugah (or however you spell there name), And i come down this winding road with a blind corner and a stoplight immediatley after you exist the corner and Bam i see a pewter camaro ss with chrome ZR1 wheels smack in front of me at the light. So i'm like fucking sweet let me turn this shit down so i can hear what he has done to it. Immediatly i hear the awesome lope of a cam and a nice whistle coming from what i believe was a procharger so i'm like dayum thats sick me and my freind were literally drooling. So the light turns green and he has a red f150 in front of him (so unfortunatley he couldn't get on it) and the thing sounded absolutley orgasmatic even at light throttle it was a A4, and the way it sounded when he was going through the gears was absolutley incredible and so addicting, i honestly have no idea how you all on this website manage to peel your asses out of the seats of those cars it amazes me to no end. The sound of a cammed LS1 is just probably the best sound in the world imo. I can't wait until i can get mines.

Just wanted to share how awesome the experience was of riding behind a cammed/boosted LS1 it was incredible to hear the amazing sound in real life and not through computer speakers.

You guys have awesome cars and am proud to say that the LS1 F-body is my favorite vehicle in the ENTIRE world. Would take one over anything and i mean ANYTHING.

That is all.

LS1 F-Body's fucking win.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

[QUOTE=Transamws6;2058601 the way it sounded when he was going through the gears was absolutley incredible and so addicting, i honestly have no idea how you all on this website manage to peel your asses out of the seats of those cars it amazes me to no end[/QUOTE]
    The seats are the worst part. I'm happy to get my ass out of em after a ride They hurt my back too, but I guess that's just because I have old people joints

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

It's more impressive when you're riding in them.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    The seats are the worst part. I'm happy to get my ass out of em after a ride They hurt my back too, but I guess that's just because I have old people joints
    I beg to differ. When my dad had his 02 Ws6 it had really nice front seats they were really supportive imo. maybe thats just because i was a little fella when he got rid of it, was only 15. Had a massive growth spurt since then so they may not feel that way to me anymore.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    It's more impressive when you're riding in them.
    Yes i agree. I wish my dad would have gave me his t/a before he traded it in. I sometimes hate myself for half assing in school because i could have gotten one. I'm trying to turn myself around this year, it's for my own good.

Trans Am owner
    former

I loved my old LT1 T/A seats. perfect amount of bolster, lumbar and leg support.

yeah, everytime I hear a cammed car come into work I run over there and ask whats done to it. some guys are really cool, and we talk for a bit

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

not all of us have a cammed or FI motor, some of us loose to SRT-8 Challengers.....

lol

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    not all of us have a cammed or FI motor, some of us loose to SRT-8 Challengers.....

lol
    "driver mod ftl" lol

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post

lol
    ahaha challengers are sweet to ya know. But not as sweet as an LS1 F-Body.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I love the rock I get with my cam. To hear the lope from outside is...well...a wonderful thing.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I love the rock I get with my cam. To hear the lope from outside is...well...a wonderful thing.
    My dad's car shakes it's ass in rhythem when fully warmed up. You can feel it. Probably better with the solid axle instead of irs though. But idle is set like 950rpm

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    My dad's car shakes it's ass in rhythem when fully warmed up. You can feel it. Probably better with the solid axle instead of irs though. But idle is set like 950rpm
    I read in this month's issue of GMHTP that 950 is the normal idle setting for a cammed LSx. When I bought mine, it ran at around 850, but was rich as hell for a car with cats. Would start up fine when cold, but when warm would run for five seconds then die. Would re-fire after that without a problem. After my tune, all is gravy.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    I beg to differ. When my dad had his 02 Ws6 it had really nice front seats they were really supportive imo. maybe thats just because i was a little fella when he got rid of it, was only 15. Had a massive growth spurt since then so they may not feel that way to me anymore.
    Camaro seats suck.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

This one dies and runs rich too. Doesn't want to start and stay running when first started, hot or cold, for about two minutes. None of this before the retune. But we did gain 8 horsepower... And it needs to chop more lower idle ftw
    And yeah, ws6ta, it's probably because you were a younger. When I was little, my dad's '00 T/a vert was perfect and completely comfortable. Now, to me, the Formula is an uncomfortable fast piece of shit that I love for some reason. Interior was not a 4th gen strong point. Or any Camaro really. I've heard the Camaro seats are even worse than in the birds
    Last edited by wheeliE-maxx; 09-16-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Yeah...Trans Am seats ftw...I love them.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I don't ever feel uncomfy in mine. I usually go driving for a few hours at a time.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I don't ever feel uncomfy in mine. I usually go driving for a few hours at a time.
    Really? Not me. Or, anyone who has been in my car. They're no luxury seats, that's for sure.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Really? Not me. Or, anyone who has been in my car. They're no luxury seats, that's for sure.
    I do agree that I have a shit ton more room in my Impala. I dunno, maybe I just have a lot of cushion on my ass lol. Or I so thrilled to be driving the SS I don't notice the aches.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Those that are praising the T/A seats.....have you EVER sat in any other vehicles?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

i like my seats with the adjustable blow up pads things on my back and sides but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck im amazed at how comfy my moms 1995 Skylark is, i know why she never leaves her little Buick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information