WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Ride for pride 2008

Anyone east coast going this year? Its sept 13th... lot of f-bodys and goats last year... good stuff. If anyone wants to meet up i got a pretty good group going now. Couple f-bodys, vettes, stangs, t-birds and goats... should be pretty good this year.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Ummmm what kinda pride?

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

ride for pride is a car cruise put on by f-bodyhideout.com as a tribute to sept. 11 and to raise money for the troops. Last year we had over 80 cars in attendance and its getting bigger every year.... no its not what your implying... google or youtube it for videos of past years.

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

there ya go

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I thought this was a gay pride cruise from the title. hahaha

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    ride for pride is a car cruise put on by f-bodyhideout.com as a tribute to sept. 11 and to raise money for the troops. Last year we had over 80 cars in attendance and its getting bigger every year.... no its not what your implying... google or youtube it for videos of past years.
    I knew it wasnt I was just messin with ya. I did ask just because I wasnt sure what it actually was for though.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Sounds interesting, where can i get more info?

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

there was a thread on f-bodyhideout.com... im not sure if im aloud to link to them, ill pm it to you

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Shoot me a pm too please

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Where, when & how?

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

here ya go guys, direct copy from f-body hideout

2008 Ride For Pride. Saturday, September 13, 2008.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2008 Ride For Pride will be held on Saturday, September 13.

Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.

This event is held in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area...Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C.

2008 will mark the 7th year of the Ride For Pride. For those unfamiliar with this cruise, it's purpose is to remember all who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It also holds the purpose of expressing our support and gratitude to all the men and women of this nation's armed forces, who right now are ensuring that we have the right, and the freedom, to conduct this event.

This event was conceived in 2002, by D. Charleton, and with the assistance of M. Gonzales and C. Pryce. The first Ride For Pride (RFP) had about 10 vehicles in attendance. The 2007 car count was 80, including members from FBodyHideout, Eastern FBody Association, LS1Tech, LS1, FirstStateFBody, HRFBody, LS1GTO, CCGTO, and others.

Here is last year's cruise video...
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...&VideoID=26017 963

And the video from 2006…
    http://www.up2nogood.com/911.html

When: Saturday, September 13, 2008.

Time: RFP will depart at 2:00PM. Please make sure you are on time, and have fuel, stragglers will have to catch up. Some of us will arrive around Noon, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park. 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Va
    http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/cameronrun/index.php

Directions to the staging area: From I 95 North and South, take Exit 174, you will be put onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector. Make a right turn onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about a half-mile up. Pull in and proceed to the back of the parking lot.

Duration/Distance: RFP will travel 75 to 80 miles, and last about 2 hours. Please make sure you have enough fuel to complete the cruise.

Route: From Cameron Run Park, we will turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector, and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the on-ramp for I 495 East/I 95 North (Please read the following: the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.). We will continue around the Capitol Beltway (I 495), into Maryland and then back into Virginia. We will then exit onto I 395 North, and take Exit 8B, heading to the Pentagon. We will take the exit for the Pentagon North Parking, and finish the cruise there.

Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE.

Vehicles allowed: FBody V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/GrandNational, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."

Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women.

This year's cruise again has alot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Lets come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day; and that we support our servicemen/women

Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I may ugly up the group again this year with my turd

Thread Information