Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricer Rehab

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Ricer Rehab

I frequent certain oil/gearhead forums .....the gearhead forums are not import/domestic specific but dwell on mechanical advise and help across all lines.....I am often asked what the term "ricer" means.....it is difficult...I usually reply a ricer is somebody that spends their time on "sports" appearance packages...like body kits/lights/wings/20" wheels and shit.....and don't spend any time nor money on real performance modifications....these "ricers" can be of import or domestic varieties....but are mainly found in the import crowd.....
    and many times I get folks reply back that they want to learn about performance but are slammed by muscle car guys cuz they drive imports....and the muscle car V8 crowd is arrogant and all wear mullets.....
    So should we have a forum for Ricers just to ask questions about modifications of the internal combustion engine that will produce performance? A forum that welcomes import and ricers of all flavors to ask questions and get mature responses? A place for ricers to come learn what real manhood is all about?
    Nah...fuck em. Never mind. Dayum Ricers anyway.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

No fuk ricers.....they dont need to learn anything.......then we wouldnt have anyone to pick on

White
    2002 VY SS

tater_salad
    There's a guy around here like that. He's got a 98-02 Trans-Am, but he put on the WS.6 hood and emblem on it. No big deal, right? He put the WS.6 emblem on the wrong side. "Chrome" LS1 fender badges, some type of stickers on the hood, underglows where you can see the actual bulb,like 3 in dash screens, and he has just the rear lowered about 3 inches. Also, he can't drive his 6 speed.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post

Damn, I thought you were being serious at first!

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I frequent certain oil/gearhead forums .....the gearhead forums are not import/domestic specific but dwell on mechanical advise and help across all lines.....I am often asked what the term "ricer" means.....it is difficult...I usually reply a ricer is somebody that spends their time on "sports" appearance packages...like body kits/lights/wings/20" wheels and shit.....and don't spend any time nor money on real performance modifications....these "ricers" can be of import or domestic varieties....but are mainly found in the import crowd.....
    and many times I get folks reply back that they want to learn about performance but are slammed by muscle car guys cuz they drive imports....and the muscle car V8 crowd is arrogant and all wear mullets.....
    So should we have a forum for Ricers just to ask questions about modifications of the internal combustion engine that will produce performance? A forum that welcomes import and ricers of all flavors to ask questions and get mature responses? A place for ricers to come learn what real manhood is all about?
    Sarge,, I kinda disagree with some of this.

The Term "Ricer" is sooo over used. Some people call every single foreign car driver a "ricer" some call every 4 cylinder a ricer (domestic or foreign)

some call a nice paint job and body kit that could easily take trophies at a respected car show is "rice"

When I think rice -- I think it is specifically designated for people who use really tacky modifications that aren't functional, and or done in extreme poor taste.

If I see a gutted Civic Hatch back, with a turbo/ engine swap. I don't consider that a "ricer" I consider that a sports compact racer.

Now take a Civic add a huge wing, with an unpainted , cracked body kit, and 5 extra gauages, with a bad flourecent paint job with a stickers all over it. That runs 16's in the quarter mile. That is a ricer (to me)

I think an Fbody can be "riced out" too.

I have seen several Fbodies that put on nice wheels drop it an inch and put neons underneath it. I don't consider that rice. I consider that apperance modifications. (some maybe not my cup of tea)

One way I determine if I think it is rice. If it makes me laugh out loud when I see it. It is usually rice.

If I can say -- that looks nice, or that looks well done.. I don't call it rice.

What are you thoughts?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    What are you thoughts?
    RICE!

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

ricer is in the eye of the beholder. What some may call rice others might like.
    I doubt there will ever be a universal discription.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

hm... see that term is kinda hard to completely put under one single definition...because there is so many variations on what people think it means...personallly... when I think RICE... I think... BIG spoilers... ugly bodykits... and just all around cars that spew out black smoke as if they where diesel...because they think that makes them go faster...and STICKERs...don't forget stickers...

But I guess when you come right down to it... you have to consider that alot of people with American V8 cars can be called Ricer's too...and people with GERMAN cars can also be called ricers even though they aren't from Asia...

I've seen my fair share of Riced out V8 Muscle... but I guess if it's done in good taste or alteast...with the sole purpose of just SHOW no GO... then it's fine... as well with all Ricers... as long as they don't try to pretend that they go fast it's all fine by me...

even then...in most places and especially here... you have to Kinda let RICE be...and in some ways take part of RICE because if you don't you wont have anyone to talk to really... cause there's barely any V8 guys around...and the ones that ARE...think they are the shit and don't speak to anyone else... LOL... so in the end... we all take up the same HIGHWAY/ROAD's... and we have to share it...and give a nod the next time you see a kid with a riced out civic because at least he's keeping the CAR GUY nitch alive...

NA... f*ck that kid... mash it...and let him sucking on FUMES!!!...and the next time you have one challange you with a pile of junk with a wing big enough to make a table out of it... just LAUGH at them and make sure you let them know how GAY(politically incorrect!!!) they are!!!!

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Heres my definition of R.I.C.E.
    R-race
    I-inspired
    C-cosmetic
    E-exterior
    and have no performance mods.....
    and btw..to those who say "they cant afford performance mods....."
    If they spent the money used on stereo, body kit, fake nos kit, underglow kit, etc....etc...they could have a turbo kit or motor swap
    High revving TPI........wait oxymoron?

Quote Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
    There's a guy around here like that. He's got a 98-02 Trans-Am, but he put on the WS.6 hood and emblem on it. No big deal, right? He put the WS.6 emblem on the wrong side. "Chrome" LS1 fender badges, some type of stickers on the hood, underglows where you can see the actual bulb,like 3 in dash screens, and he has just the rear lowered about 3 inches. Also, he can't drive his 6 speed.
    You can't drive your 6-speed either. Oh, that's right - you don't have one. All you have is a cheap ass automatic Sunfire.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You can't drive your 6-speed either. Oh, that's right - you don't have one. All you have is a cheap ass automatic Sunfire.

this guy didn't say or do anything to you, you better back off or you'll get some ink........no need to flame someone out of nowhereback off...my .02 worth and those 2 count
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

zinger.

do you own the "ws6"?

White
    1998 Trans Am

hes just mad b/c his thread about his bad ass custom car got locked up!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53484

White
    2002 VY SS

Ahhh... It is all starting to make sense now (sort of).

Lets not let this thread end up like the last one guys...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Sarge,, I kinda disagree with some of this.

The Term "Ricer" is sooo over used. Some people call every single foreign car driver a "ricer" some call every 4 cylinder a ricer (domestic or foreign)

some call a nice paint job and body kit that could easily take trophies at a respected car show is "rice"

When I think rice -- I think it is specifically designated for people who use really tacky modifications that aren't functional, and or done in extreme poor taste.

If I see a gutted Civic Hatch back, with a turbo/ engine swap. I don't consider that a "ricer" I consider that a sports compact racer.

Now take a Civic add a huge wing, with an unpainted , cracked body kit, and 5 extra gauages, with a bad flourecent paint job with a stickers all over it. That runs 16's in the quarter mile. That is a ricer (to me)

I think an Fbody can be "riced out" too.

I have seen several Fbodies that put on nice wheels drop it an inch and put neons underneath it. I don't consider that rice. I consider that apperance modifications. (some maybe not my cup of tea)

One way I determine if I think it is rice. If it makes me laugh out loud when I see it. It is usually rice.

If I can say -- that looks nice, or that looks well done.. I don't call it rice.

What are you thoughts?
    i some what agree... but this is LS1.com... not ricer.com... or import.com or for that matter ford.com...

i agree if it is done tastefully it isn't rice... but when they try to race a car that they already know they have no chance in hell of ever beating and try a fly by and fail at that even... then they fall back in to the rice catagory... you live in PA as well... you should knwo this... i swear PA is the capitol of rice... my neighbor has a SRT neon that has no body kit and the car is a dman nice car... not domestic rice at all...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

good first posts noob... shut your pie hole untill you learn some damned respect...

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

until a ricer can admit that they will never EVER have the potential in there engine to compete with a V8 then I think all hope is lost. I am sick of hearing about turbos being a replacement for displacement and how they rev higher thus being able to create more power and my light weight counters your engine and blah blah fucking blah. Until they can realize they have there own class to work in and not step into LS1 territory then they can eat a dick. Yes there are fast rice burners (which by the way rice is just short for rice burner which refers to all jap cars) but they require way more work and can never live up the the potential of something like a chevy 350, 383, or a 427.

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

ahhh ricers........

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

my buddies 97 z has c5 wheels, K&N, free mods, tinted, blackouts, is lowered w/complete aftermarket suspension, which helps handling quite a bit, and has a nice sound system, and HAD purple neons, which looked sweet on his blue car, and since the car is lowered so much they didnt "glow" like ricer neon, they just shone straight down......but since the car was so low, the wires some how got ripped out LOL....but its a sweet car. I did rag on him about his neons being gay on a fbody...but i wont lie they did look sweet, but not worth the 80 bucks lol

His car is alread a 14 second car, its faster than alot of ricers and fast enough for him so he dont really care what people thinks about it...plus he bought the car w/all those mods except neons for a killer price,w/ low miles.

heres a pic:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information