Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repo question

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Repo question

I got a loan for my car through a credit union(metro 1) and i havent made my payment this month which was due on the 9th. i am kinda hard on money right now and i just got a job and wont be able to make the payment until this friday. is there a possibility that my car might get repoed by that time? this is the first time i have been late on a payment.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Call the Credit Union and make payment arrangements. Tell them your situation. Couldn't hurt

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

I work for a insurance company... and it seems like they won't repo the car unless you haven't made like 2-3 payments... thats what i see on papers..

but i would call the credit union

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

yea i understand that that, but man i have been really busy lately with school and trying to get a job. and i havent had much time to do anything, tomorrow ima have a few hours free so ima call them. thanks for the info though guys

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Its not that late but put it in the garge just to be safe! and I would make time to call and explain the situation.

Black
    99 Z-28

Its better to let them know.

Black
    99 Z28

Call the Credit union. They'll be happy that YOU are calling THEM instead of them having to call you. They shouldn't be repoing it any time soon. The very soonest that they could legally do it is 15 days I think. Most banks will let you get 3 months behind before they go down that route. Just call them and let them know what's up, they'll be fine with it. If they're not, get a new credit union.

black
    00 camaross&02 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    Call the Credit union. They'll be happy that YOU are calling THEM instead of them having to call you. They shouldn't be repoing it any time soon. The very soonest that they could legally do it is 15 days I think. Most banks will let you get 3 months behind before they go down that route. Just call them and let them know what's up, they'll be fine with it. If they're not, get a new credit union.
    DRM is right here take his advice.

Call the creditor they will usually work with you usually don't want to repo unless they have to because in the end it costs them alot of money. Call them talk to them before they call you.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    I got a loan for my car through a credit union(metro 1) and i havent made my payment this month which was due on the 9th. i am kinda hard on money right now and i just got a job and wont be able to make the payment until this friday. is there a possibility that my car might get repoed by that time? this is the first time i have been late on a payment.
    thats the cutest post...
    ummm no sweetheart they wont actually repo ur car until a few months *2-3* if i were u, id call them and tell them that you're making the payment this friday. as long as u stay in communication with them ure good, although they might have reported u late on ur payment because its past 10 days, most credit unions give u a ten day grace period before fees/reporting to credit people.

keep up with those payments!!! its really easy to have ur credit go to shit and its VERY hard to get it back up!!

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    thats the cutest post...
    ummm no sweetheart they wont actually repo ur car until a few months *2-3* if i were u, id call them and tell them that you're making the payment this friday. as long as u stay in communication with them ure good, although they might have reported u late on ur payment because its past 10 days, most credit unions give u a ten day grace period before fees/reporting to credit people.

keep up with those payments!!! its really easy to have ur credit go to shit and its VERY hard to get it back up!!
    *Insert "get it back up" joke here*

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

My payment book has both a "late payment" and an "ontime" payment-seperated by $15 days. As long as they get their money, they're happy.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Soooo........ you don't have time to call them eh????

Coulda called them in the time it took to post this thread dippy!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Shit man... its been, what... 16 days? You better go out to you driveway and make sure they have repoed it already, shit.

Black
    99 Z-28

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

They wont repo for awhile.. that loses them money too.. and with credit unions you get a 15-30 day period (based on their policies) before its shown on your credit report as well, so your good as long as you get it in there soon, but then you have next month.. So dont get to far behind.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

thanks for the input guys and gals. i just got off the phone with them, they said that i am in good standing with them so im good. i was just worried becuase i never missed or made a late payment.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Soooo........ you don't have time to call them eh????

Coulda called them in the time it took to post this thread dippy!
    yea credit unions usually arent open this late. well the time i posted this thread which was last night at 11

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    thanks for the input guys and gals. i just got off the phone with them, they said that i am in good standing with them so im good. i was just worried becuase i never missed or made a late payment.
    No they won't repo it but never ever pay more then 30 days late...otherwise it'll be reported and will be a hit on your credit. If you have to, suck it up and live on Top Ramen/tuna for a few weeks in order to make the payment. If you have no other option, put bills aside that don't reflect your credit...like cable, utilities, etc.

Have you ever checked out your free annual credit report to see exactly what's on there? Get it here---> https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp It's a federal law that everyone can get a free credit report once every 12 months. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...eereports.shtm
    Don't mess with your credit bro...it takes years and hard work to repair. The free report won't show your FICO score but it'll show you everything else....you have to pay to get the score.

Also most credit unions/banks give a 10 day grace period to where there's not even a late fee...some tell you about it and some don't. Just FYI..

LPM, & Blk
    2001 Z/28, 2010 2LT/RS

Credit unions give you a 7 day grace period before they hit you with late fees

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Ramen Noodles w/ tunafish = poor mans tuna noodle caserole.

Spaghetti is also cheap/easy and lasts for days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information