Silver
    2002 WS6

Remembering 9-11. progress of Ground Zero

I was curious to how the progress is going at the site for the new "freedom tower" and I came accross this!

http://www.projectrebirth.org/index.html

very nice site, it includes a live web cam, and it was cool to learn that there are 8 slow film cameras filming from may of 2002 until the building is done! there is a trailer for the movie you can watch. lots of interesting info to see here if you are at all interested in the project!
    2002 WS6 aka "Mr.Brownstone"

My car is my heroin

pie
    free

Good find.

Silver
    2002 WS6

sigh, guess this thread won't get much attention in here without boobs

anyway...

Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this Email immediately to everyone in your address book asking them to also forward it. We have a little less than one week and counting to get the word out all across this great land and into every community in the United States of America.

If you forward this email to least 11 people and each of those people do the same ... you get the idea.

THE PROGRAM:

On Monday, September 11th, 2007, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States. Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this sixth anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds

Action Plan:

So, here's what we need you to do ..
    !
    (1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Please don't be the one to break this chain. Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America!

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this co untry who no longer understand it

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

I just watched World Trade Center and I could not help controlling my tears. I could not bare to watch it when it came out in theater. Being a New Yorker it was a huge kick in the groin. I was there 2 days on September 13th and 14th during the clean ups. I could not take it anymore after the 2nd day. it was too much for me. since then it took almost a year for me to return to Manhattan. Shit like that hits me hard, especially when it so close to home. I was less then 15 miles away from the WTC, when it collapsed....to this day I still remember the ashes and debry of paper floating all over Brooklyn.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i always make sure to fly a flag on our national days of remembrance.

i still remember vividly not only watching the towers collapse with the rest of the nation on live tv from my highschool classroom but also later that nite when i was at my military explorers drill in my cadet uniform and a little old lady was walking down the road, crossed the street and stopped and thanked us cadets that were standing outside the armory for our service (even though we were not in the military just learning about it).

i think the strangest thing was the next morning. my town was usually busy with activity people going to work and school...but it was so still and quiet...it felt like i was the only one awake and on the road. it was weird and creepy. not to mention a few weeks later when we heard and saw a commercial jetliner go overhead again.

Silver
    2002 WS6

Yea, at the time I was living in Colorado Springs and grew up there from '86 on, with an army base, an air force base, NORAD and the Air Force Academy all in Colorado Springs and a mid size civilian airport, you're used to Jetliners, Fighter jets, C-130's, Helicopters flying low all over the place everyday....After 9-11 I remember standing outside in my driveway at night smoking and it was so quiet in the sky it was sureal.

All you could see were 2 F-16's 180 degrees apart from each other circling the city at about 20,000 feet I'm guessing. couldn't hear, only see the blinking lights. it was very creepy.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

As time goes by, 9/11 is becoming associated with just Manhattan. Pa. and the Pentagon have taken back seats.

Silver
    2002 WS6

I agree, but the Pentagon has been rebuilt, the PA field is well, a field. The Twin Towers fell and killed 1000's, and it's 6 years later and will still be another 5 or so until it's done. I don't think anyone forgot about the Pentagon or the Plane that crashed in PA, just there is no continuing story associated with those events.

Silver
    2002 WS6

bump

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

I went there 18 months after the towers fell...........I still can't find the words to describe the experience. I was completely humbled looking at the massive hole in the middle of Manhattan, yet what really struck me was looking at all the other faces who were there too.

You name it, there was men,woman,children,elderly, black,white,etc.. and so on. But each and every one had the same exact facial expression. Somber. I'll never forget that part of the experience I felt.

Thread Information