Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Remember the soccer chick?

Remember the Soccer chick kicking everyone well it's not her fault the video just made her look bad

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC-pF3OHY1c[/ame]

Vilified New Mexico soccer player breaks her silence

By Chris Chase

The New Mexico soccer player whose dirty play in a conference tournament game became a national news sensation two weeks ago has finally broken her silence. Elizabeth Lambert granted an interview to The New York Times in which she apologized for her various violent actions against BYU opponents, which included hair pulling, punching, elbowing and kicking. The clip, which was featured on news programs nationwide and viewed over six million times on YouTube, turned Lambert into a national villain. But she says it's all a misunderstanding:

"I look at it and I'm like, 'That is not me,'. I have so much regret. I can't believe I did that.

I think the way the video came out, it did make me look like a monster. That's not the type of player I am. I'm not just out there trying to hurt players. That's taking away from the beauty of the game. And I would never want to do that."

The video makes Lambert look like a monster because she's acting like a monster. It isn't camera tricks or selective editing; she did those things and it's not the camera's fault she did.

Also, the "that's not me" defense is acceptable when the incident in question is isolated, but it doesn't work when the actions are repeated throughout a whole half of soccer. It's not like Lambert just threw a kidney punch after getting nudged in the stomach with an elbow. She did that, plus the hair yank, plus the tripping, plus trying to take out another player's legs. Lambert might not think she's that "type of player," but the video suggests otherwise.

The junior was deluged with calls and letters after the video went viral. Some of those were threats, but others came from men who wanted to ask her out. She was disgusted by both. In the interview, she tried to analyze why her actions became so infamous:

"I definitely feel because I am a female it did bring about a lot more attention than if a male were to do it. It's more expected for men to go out there and be rough. The female, we're still looked at as, Oh, we kick the ball around and score a goal. But it's not. We train very hard to reach the highest level we can get to. The physical aspect has maybe increased over the years. I'm not saying it's for the bad or it's been too overly aggressive. It's a game. Sports are physical."

Lambert is probably correct in her belief that her actions got more attention because of her gender. There was a certain titillation factor at play. But the second part of her argument, that it would be OK for men to do this, is preposterous. It's never OK for any athlete, male or female, to pull the antics that Lambert did on the field. It was straight out of the bully playbook. That's why this story became so big, not because she is a woman, but because the offenses were so cheap and so dirty as to be completely unbelievable. How did she keep getting away with it? Why didn't her teammates tell her to cool it? Why didn't somebody on BYU give it right back to her?

On the bright side, at least Lambert recognized that her actions were wrong and expressed regret. (Although, if she ever said she was sorry, the Times didn't print it.) But the explanations seem hollow. For Elizabeth Lambert, it seems, actions do speak louder than words.

2006 GTO

The reason she was upset about the dudes was probably because she is a lesbian.. next thing you know she is going to be a womans rights advocate/feminist..

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

I guess I will have to just spank her for being bad.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by supercopone View Post
    I guess I will have to just spank her for being bad.
    She would probably be the one doing the spanking

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

thats even better! she can pull my hair

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

can't be a bitch if she's dead

jus sayin'

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

5 - rule

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    can't be a bitch if she's dead

jus sayin'
    that's golden!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

she should have be the monumental player that broke grounds and made soccer worth watching... she should have bee the one who made the rule books be rewritten to say "full contact is acceptable"...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    she should have be the monumental player that broke grounds and made soccer worth watching... she should have bee the one who made the rule books be rewritten to say "full contact is acceptable"...

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

She needs to be bent over and slammed harder than a screen door in a hurricane!

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

oh boo fuckin hoo...this whole "it's not my fault that's not the type of person i am society made me like this" line is a bunch of bullshit. grow some fuckin hair on your nips bitch and take responsibility for your shitty actions.

then come over and rough me up.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'm sure everyone who knows her, knows she's a bully, now the whole world knows, that's all

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

ehhh ok so the punching in the face and the hair pulling are bad...but everything else is normal in soccer so i dont see the huge deal..plus we dont know what was being said etc.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

She is the best thing to happen to the sport, this is the first time I have every even looked at a soccer ball. Just think of how many people will watch now. Its a rough sport search youtube, there other vids just like this one.....

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    I dunno what games you've watched but I got chop blocked a few times in my playing days...

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ehhh ok so the punching in the face and the hair pulling are bad...but everything else is normal in soccer so i dont see the huge deal..plus we dont know what was being said etc.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I dunno what games you've watched but I got chop blocked a few times in my playing days...
    soccer jsut need more contact... fights should be allowed like in hockey but they should be a fight untill a KO is made... think of it as soccer meets ultimate fighting... i'd watch it then...

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

It took her two weeks of consulting with a lawyer to come up with that BS excuse.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Looks like she had some hidden issues. Maybe she just had a bad day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information