Navy Blue
    Chevrolet Camaro SS

Remember the crashed Bugatti well look at him now

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Someone is going to jail soon for insurance fraud.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

You think so? What did that video really prove? That he drove into a standing body of water? Cause thats about all I got out of it.

Navy Blue Metallic

you must not have read the article.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    you must not have read the article.
    I did, and yes it looks like the guy is trying to some shady shit. But the video just shows the car went into a lake. If I crashed my car into a lake and said I took my eyes off the road for a second and them boom before I knew it I was in the water they would still most likely cover the damages. So my point was the video shows nothing other than a car going into the water. He could have just said he fell asleep at the wheel and went into the lake thats why there were no skid marks or motions of me trying to aviod the water and it would still have most likely been covered.

Someone with a house like that and 6 or so exotic cars in his drive way should be beaten if he gets caught for insurance fraud. Save that shit for the people who are poor lol. They know how do it right anyway.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-30-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic

the man claimed to reporters, and to us, that this was because of the reflection of a low-flying pelican he saw after dropping his cellphone. No pelican in the video.

Philadelphia (insurance Co) also makes a case that the car was destroyed on purpose to collect the insurance money. They say there was no evidence of a low-flying pelican, that House let the car run for 15 minutes while submerged (his excuse was he was "being bitten by mosquitos" ), and that there was no sign he attempted to brake or skid to avoid anything.
    Most dramatically, they claim a "confidential informant" came forward to report House had tried to get someone to destroy the vehicle.

Additionally, Philadelphia insured the vehicle as a collector's item used for display and makes a case that the vehicle was actually used for personal errands such as going to biker rallies, impressing friends, and otherwise commuting around Texas and thus they shouldn't have to pay on those grounds.
    As proof they have the vehicle's mileage (2,100 since insuring it) and the fact that it was rolling around with dealer plates.

These from the article led me to believe that his claim will be rejected & more then likely he'll be seeing jail time.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I hope the insurance company loses.....can't stand those bastards. They're listing a bunch of different ways to get out of it in case one of the ways isn't enough. You insured it and he paid premiums. Pay up bitches.

White
    '10 ZR1

The guy said "I had dropped my phone, people dont know what happened," House told us adding "What it appeared to been was a reflection."

I don't think anyone will be able to prove otherwise.

Insurance companies are always trying to find a way not to pay!

Even by reading the article they seem to be staunchly against the Bugatti ower, saying things like, "you don't say" blah blah. They then go on to say, "Oh, but the fun doesn't end there. Philadelphia also makes a case that the car was destroyed on purpose to collect the insurance money. They say there was no evidence of a low-flying pelican, that House let the car run for 15 minutes while submerged (his excuse was he was "being bitten by mosquitos" ), and that there was no sign he attempted to brake or skid to avoid anything.

The owner never said that there was a pelican. He said , "What is appeared to be was a reflection." The news article is sensationalizing, and hearing what they want to hear.
    Last edited by FasstChevys; 11-30-2011 at 12:41 PM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I hope the insurance company loses.....can't stand those bastards. They're listing a bunch of different ways to get out of it in case one of the ways isn't enough. You insured it and he paid premiums. Pay up bitches.
    THIS!!! and fuck insurance companies...

you pay not to use it... you pay to use it (your deductable) and then the pricks up your insurance rates...

i hope he butt fucks the insurance company with no lube... they are all greedy bastards...

Red
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

you pay not to use it... you pay to use it (your deductable) and then the pricks up your insurance rates...

i hope he butt fucks the insurance company with no lube... they are all greedy bastards...
    I like this

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

me and you seem to be on the same page on this......I hate insurance companies with a passion. All forms too....not just auto insurance. They always get you coming AND going......someone can pay premiums their entire life and cover an accident 10 times over yet if they have an accident their damn rates go up. They jack rates up because you drive a common vehicle that's stolen or if you don't park in a garage and shit like that. Shady business'. I always root against them whether they're right or wrong.

Thread Information