Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Red Light Runers BEWARE!!!

Florida just put some of these up ,what do you think, will it work? I think so, check out the first crash they show is that a T/A ?

http://www.wesh.com/video/17373395/index.html

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

That sure is a TA. Sucks to see that. We have those and people still run lights. No stopping it.

Black
    1998 Z28

No cause there is a loop hole with it.. My mom got one of those and my da researched it and you can get it thrown out do to your constitutional rights and besides they are talking about doing away with them... by law your accuser is suppost to be present in court

Black
    1998 Z28

and before any remarks she was following a ambulance to the emergency room

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

They just put some up by my house also.

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

I'd hate to be the guy in that t/a, getting your car wrecked for someoneelse's fault

A trained professional volleybill's Avatar

Black
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Stang Killer View Post
    No cause there is a loop hole with it.. My mom got one of those and my da researched it and you can get it thrown out do to your constitutional rights and besides they are talking about doing away with them... by law your accuser is suppost to be present in court
    That may be true in a criminal trial, but most traffic tickets don't even get a trial- you're lucky to get a hearing by an actual judge, as opposed to some justice that is elected- Traffic tickets are usually 'infractions' or 'violations' and it is really just your money they are after- that is what red light cameras are all about- Research it- they are usually run by a company that contracts with the town and agrees to get a percent of the proceeds-

After they have been up a few months, the red-light running goes down, because people learn they are there, and rear-end collisions go up, from people spiking their brakes- in some areas they actually move them around from intersection to intersection, leaving an empty case to keep you guessing-

NBM
    99 TA

you should tell your mom that red means STOP.

its ppl like her that cause accidents and deaths, and they are the first ones to piss and moan when they get a ticket for it.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

It's too bad most places are taking them down.

Honestly, the fine wasn't stiff enough.

The problem is/was that people were disputing them on the grounds that the city couldn't prove it was them (the owner of the vehicle) driving it. Which, really, is true, yanno?

The law for it isn't written quite right. However, to do it 'right' opens up a pandoras box of liability and responsibility that could extend far beyond a simple ticket.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Guys, you got to understand that sometime running a Red light is an Accident. I don't think anyone would deliberately run a light unless they are running away. They need to make the Red light brighter so that the Red Light District in Amsterdam would get jealous.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

yep been busted complete accident, i had it like in 4th
    [IMG][/IMG]

did not down shift and...priceless $78 pic
    [IMG][/IMG]

Black
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    you should tell your mom that red means STOP.

its ppl like her that cause accidents and deaths, and they are the first ones to piss and moan when they get a ticket for it.
    Did you read my second post right after that

NBM
    99 TA

Did you read my second post right after that
    clearly i did not

i was just yankin your shit man..

Black
    1998 Z28

yeah when i heard about it i got on here ass about it as well but then my dad showed me the video and seen that it was the day she was following the ambulance

1966 Corvette Coupe

I'm seriously thinking about getting a cheap ass truck with a nice trail ready bumper here pretty soon... Its crazy the people that run reds around Little rock... i can promise you that if i wanted to i could have a vehicle totalled out in a matter of weeks if all i did was go on green...

I honestly think it would be pretty funny to clip a few of the ass holes with a 1/8" steel bumper as the the third or fourth person comes across the intersection from when my light turns green...

and b4 you say what if you killed someone or a kid... they actually killed themselves or thier kid... I've seriously driven up to a light that was green while i was comming up to it and had to avoid a car that blew through the light...

And every fucking day at rush hour like 5 people try to squeeze through every light... There is a diffenced in being in an intersection in that moment that both lights are red... and being in and intersection when your light has been red for like 15 seconds...

-me

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    yep been busted complete accident, i had it like in 4th
    Click for full size[/thumb]

did not down shift and...priceless $78 pic
    Click for full size[/thumb]
    No wonder people run them, $78 isn't shit...you get fined triple that just for driving in the car pool lane here. Anywhere in my state a red light is $371 and climbing..

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    No wonder people run them, $78 isn't shit...you get fined triple that just for driving in the car pool lane here. Anywhere in my state a red light is $371 and climbing..
    Welcome to KaliFOnia

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    hahaha lol yeah i wasnt sweating it then next time ill try to break them loose in 2nd half way down the intersection(if the coast is clear) for a pretty cool $78 pic

JK guys, 78bucks and risking it like that is something i cant afford

A trained professional volleybill's Avatar

Black
    2001 Z28

[QUOTE=Tide;1623732]The problem is/was that people were disputing them on the grounds that the city couldn't prove it was them (the owner of the vehicle) driving it. Which, really, is true, yanno?

/QUOTE]

The laws I am familiar with only give a ticket against the registered owner, though I have heard of places offering to let the owner of the vehicle off if they turn in whoever was driving their car- since they can't prove WHO was driving, they don't asses points against your license- just pay the fine-

The only time I ever liked a red light camera: there was a case years ago in Arizona where a police officer was doing a high-speed chase, and entering a town- the dispatch told him to break it off for civilian safety- the officer radioed back that he did quit, but all he really did was turn his lights and siren off- he blew a red light and hit and killed an innocent bystander- the red light camera preserved the dead guys innocence, because it isn't too hard to imagine the officer claiming that the victim ran the light- who would normally contradict him? He got fired- but that is the only time I thought the camera was useful-

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

There is no excuse for running a light since there is always time to stop unless the person is speeding. And the delay between lights is enough that if there is an accident the person who ran the light mush have a 4.0 RT and is a complete idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information