Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    murdered out 06 z06

recommend a concert

ok here is how it works. based on your own concert experiences tell us who u think kicks ass live and y we should go see them
    these are the few i think you shouldnt pass up if they come to your town. ive been to a shitload of concerts but these bands stick out

mudvayne
    this band is damn near perfect in concert. i have seen many bands but the lead singer chad is amazing. this dude can scream and sing. his lyrics are powerful as hell and he screams with such internal hatred like anyone he has had a problem with his whole life is in front of him and he is gonna let them know.

korn
    simple they are just 1 of the best and i love this band forever
    a very personal experience for me, been a fan since 94

tool
    breathtaking almost undescribable

chimaira
    heavy and full of energy

marilyn manson
    this dude is just awesome and i love the band. been a fan for a longtime and the shows are great. the stage props he uses are killer
    Last edited by issues; 12-25-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Their pyro, lighting, and ability to work a crowd are simply unparalleled. Best live show I've ever seen.

Motley Crue - These guys are even better now. Awesome live band.

Godsmack - My personal favorite band. Singer has an awesome stage presence, and they don't cut corners with pyro. They're drum battle is worth the price of admission anytime anyway.

Metallica - Whether you're a "Metallica sold out after the black album!" extremist or not, there's no denying that these guys are one of the best of all time. The energy they can get from a crowd is unbelievable.

Nightwish - If you like a band with a chick singer, or have to take someone that does...this is the band to see. One of the best in their genre for sure, and definitely the best female-fronted band out there IMO.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    ok here is how it works. based on your own concert experiences tell us who u think kicks ass live and y we should go see them
    these are the few i think you shouldnt pass up if they come to your town. ive been to a shitload of concerts but these bands stick out

mudvayne
    this band is damn near perfect in concert. i have seen many bands but the lead singer chad is amazing. this dude can scream and sing. his lyrics are powerful as hell and he screams with such internal hatred like anyone he has had a problem with his whole life is in front of him and he is gonna let them know.

korn
    simple they are just 1 of the best and i love this band forever
    a very personal experience for me, been a fan since 94

tool
    breathtaking almost undescribable

chimaira
    heavy and full of energy

marilyn manson
    this dude is just awesome and i love the band. been a fan for a longtime and the shows are great. the stage props he uses are killer
    Let me start off by saying I complete agree with Mudvayne, Korn, and Tool.

Mudvayne pretty much live sounds exactly like they do on cd. Its incredible. Ryan Martini the bassist is fuckin nuts, the guitar is crunchy as hell and Chad imo is a top 10 modern metal frontman.

Korn sick and twisted tour is the best show i've ever been to and they were at what i consider their peak at the time. Never been so amped at a show before, had awesome pyro, and a HUGE RAG DOLL hanging up on stage. Freaky lookin shit. Plus I had seats next to 2 hot metal chicks in matching miniskirts and both had huge tits. It was a perfect night

Tool- Their talent, effects, and sound are amazing and they are a must see. But they dont have buildups or crowd interaction like Korn does if you are into that.

I'll ad NIN. I saw my first NIN show this summer and I can almost say it topped the last Tool show I went to. I used to think that Trent although awesome was over-hyped up. I was wrong. He really is that good a singer. He goes absolutely nuts on stage and the production of the show itself is amazing. He moves insync with the lighting and effects and background screens. He also loves the fans. At the show I went to, he was so pleased with the crowd appreciation after they finished that he came back out and played like another 6 songs. The only thing I didnt like was the version of "closer" that they play live. I prefer the original version.

My number one metal regret is never making it to a pantera/damageplan concert and getting to hear Dimebag play live. I'd bet that it was incredible
    Last edited by 310stanger; 12-25-2008 at 12:04 PM.

murdered out 06 z06

nin is pretty good too. i saw them a few years ago on the with teeth tour and i really liked it. im not really into the new shit its too instrumental. the angry skinny trent was much better

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Trans-Siberia Orchestra. Really.

383/372 CMS tuned
    2000 z28

best concert i ever went too was scorpions,dio and deep purple in houston,tx. it was freaking awesome.
    chevelle,breaking benjamin,taproot,finger eleven,30 seconds to mars,silvertide, put on badass shows too.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Ive been to so many its hard to remember them all but the ones that stuck out the most...

Ozzfest- Went to a few of them '04, '05, '06... Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Priest just a mazing.

Megadeth- One of my favorite bands despite Megadave.

Dream Theater- Possible THE best band of all time IMO. Just too good live. Petrucci and Portnoy are gods.

Metallica- Saw them back in '04. They played 2 nights in a row in Philly, I went to both and was blown away as I though I would be.

Motley Crue- Love them, Live show is great when I went in '05. Tommy's Titty cam is the best. Going again for my birthday March 6th in Atlantic City.

Theres countless others that ive seen, mostly metal bands.

Last Friday I saw Rose Funeral, SkeletonWitch and Darkest Hour. The Red Chord and Through the Eyes of the Dead were supposed to play but they got snowed in and couldnt make it.

They other guys were great though. I got to talk with a few of the guys form Rose Funeral and Darkest Hour. The guy in RF has the same amp head that I want to get and he showed it to me and talked about it. The guy in DH had the Nuno Bettencourt signature guitars that Ive always wanted to check out and he let me play it for a little while.

murdered out 06 z06

double night of metallica would be cool. i have been to many concerts but never saw metallica and they were just in st louis last month, tickets were like 90 bucks though. mudvayne two months ago was my first sober concert in a long time and it was different for me cuz i actually remembered it. i had to quit drinking and am still dealing with it.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    double night of metallica would be cool. i have been to many concerts but never saw metallica and they were just in st louis last month, tickets were like 90 bucks though. mudvayne two months ago was my first sober concert in a long time and it was different for me cuz i actually remembered it. i had to quit drinking and am still dealing with it.
    Yeah, Im really glad I got to see them 2 nights in a row. The second night was about 1/2 the amount of people compared to the 1st night and they absolutely killed it playing all their fast songs like Damage Inc., Dyers Eve, Disposable Heros, Fight Fire With Fire and all the other songs were great. I have set lists from both nights that I got from their Techs.

I would go when they come back next year but damn tickets are so expensive I dunno if I could justify it. The tickets in '04 were a good deal, like 50-60 bucks.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Shit

Gwar. Fo Sho, seen them twice.

As I lay dying and In flames, the chariot, cannibal corpse. all great concerts...

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Shit

Gwar. Fo Sho, seen them twice.

As I lay dying and In flames, the chariot, cannibal corpse. all great concerts...
    Aw faaackk!!

How could I forget GWAR!?!?!?

Saw them 4 times! Possible the greatest live show ever cause they spray you with green and red colored water and shit.

They played here this past weekend but I wasnt able to make it out

Seen AILD a few times same with In Flames (great show) and The Chariot and Cannibal Corpse

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Sotu ftw

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Sotu ftw
    Seriously. The first year of SOTU was the best. Every band was awesome and they werent all that big but now they all are.

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    Metallicas' Cunning Stunts tour was awesome. They were my first concert ever. Saw them in 1997, when Load came out. I was 12 years old. I've seen them 4 times now.

Dream Theater kicks ass. I've seen them 3 times. Even drove to New York City to see them play once, at Radio City Music Hall. They made a DVD of that performance, called "Score".

Between the Buried and Me were also pretty good. They opened for Dream Theater along with Opeth, and a band called Three.

Revelation Theory i saw a couple years ago at a small bar in my neighborhood. That show kicked ass 'cuz i was about 5 feet from the band the whole show. First time i ever heard of or saw those guys, and got to shake hands with the lead singer.

Avenged Sevenfold put on an awesome show. M. Shadows sounds WAY better live, probably because he screams more.

Godsmack was pretty good, also. Saw them open for Metallica a few years ago.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by kickflippin1 View Post
    Metallicas' Cunning Stunts tour was awesome. They were my first concert ever. Saw them in 1997, when Load came out. I was 12 years old. I've seen them 4 times now.

Dream Theater kicks ass. I've seen them 3 times. Even drove to New York City to see them play once, at Radio City Music Hall. They made a DVD of that performance, called "Score".

Between the Buried and Me
    were also pretty good. They opened for Dream Theater along with Opeth, and a band called Three.

Revelation Theory i saw a couple years ago at a small bar in my neighborhood. That show kicked ass 'cuz i was about 5 feet from the band the whole show. First time i ever heard of or saw those guys, and got to shake hands with the lead singer.

Avenged Sevenfold put on an awesome show. M. Shadows sounds WAY better live, probably because he screams more.

Godsmack was pretty good, also. Saw them open for Metallica a few years ago.

Oh man I cant believe I forgot to mention BTBAM, ive seen way too many bands but they are by far my FAVORITE. The colors album blows me away everytime.

I saw them a few months ago for about the 5th time. I was just impressed as the first time I saw them. I use the same amp as Paul Waggoner does. I cant wait to see them again.

Let me also mention that Unearth is another band Ive seen multiple and love. Their new album "The March" absolutely kills it.

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Oh man I cant believe I forgot to mention BTBAM, ive seen way too many bands but they are by far my FAVORITE. The colors album blows me away everytime.

I saw them a few months ago for about the 5th time. I was just impressed as the first time I saw them. I use the same amp as Paul Waggoner does. I cant wait to see them again.

Let me also mention that Unearth is another band Ive seen multiple and love. Their new album "The March" absolutely kills it.
    To be honest...that was the first time I'd EVER heard their music...and I loved it. But then after the show, I downloaded some of their music....and I really didn't like it as much as I did when they were performing live. But I give that singer tons of credit. For as small as that dude is, he can fuckin' scream.

I've never seen Unearth live, and I've only heard about 4 or 5 of their songs, but what I have heard, I definitely like.

Edit: Oh...and I also like 5 Finger Death Punch. Haven't seen them live, and I dont have their album, but I think they're sweet.

Also....I REALLY want to see Soilwork live. I absolutely love that band. Stabbing the Drama (one of their albums) is outstanding. :End edit.
    Last edited by kickflippin1; 12-25-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by kickflippin1 View Post
    To be honest...that was the first time I'd EVER heard their music...and I loved it. But then after the show, I downloaded some of their music....and I really didn't like it as much as I did when they were performing live. But I give that singer tons of credit. For as small as that dude is, he can fuckin' scream.

I've never seen Unearth live, and I've only heard about 4 or 5 of their songs, but what I have heard, I definitely like.

Edit: Oh...and I also like 5 Finger Death Punch. Haven't seen them live, and I dont have their album, but I think they're sweet.

Also....I REALLY want to see Soilwork live. I absolutely love that band. Stabbing the Drama (one of their albums) is outstanding. :End edit.
    I saw them and they put on a great show! Definitely make it a point to see them and Unearth at some point.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

I saw Mudvayne live once and they were horrible. More a sound issue than the band but it was bad. I have seen Metallica 3 or 4 times and they put on a hell of a show every time. Tool is amazing live. Some other good live bands I have really enjoyed are Nile, Behemoth and Lamb of God. I would really like to see some of the great sweedish metal bands. Soilwork, Scar Symmetry and Evergrey. Also would love to see Nevermore live. Oh and yeah BTBAM's Colors is brilliant.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    I saw Mudvayne live once and they were horrible. More a sound issue than the band but it was bad. I have seen Metallica 3 or 4 times and they put on a hell of a show every time. Tool is amazing live. Some other good live bands I have really enjoyed are Nile, Behemoth and Lamb of God. I would really like to see some of the great sweedish metal bands. Soilwork, Scar Symmetry and Evergrey. Also would love to see Nevermore live. Oh and yeah BTBAM's Colors is brilliant.
    Seen all of them multiple times. Great everytime!

White
    01 SS Vert

I would say Kid rock put on the best show I've ever been to. I was so pumped after the show that I was on cloud 9 for a while and the adrenaline was running high. Never had that before from a rock show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information