Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Reason not to own a Mustang...

My story. My POS Mustang (shown below) decided that during her first start up of the 351W swap, that she didn't want to let the thermostat open (faulty Mr. Gasket thermostat) and then decided that she would wait till I came back around to the front of the car and lean over to make sure everything was ok and then proceed to blow the upper radiator hose off the thermostat housing and spray me with warm bubble bath water so I could go out and party that night... Not so. Here was the damage, and my reason to never own a Ford and stick with Chevy!!

The car.

It came from this engine, only completed, this was when I was still buttoning stuff up.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Ouch!!! wow, that really sucks man! Stay away from Ford! That was a sign!

Oh and btw, did you get my PM?

Black n Black

Yeah I got the PM, thanks. By the time I got back yesterday it was around midnight. I was helping my buddies wife get moved back into town and doing some stuff around the house for her since she's about to pop any day now with my goddaughter, and my buddy is getting back from Afghanistan here in a couple days so no one is around to help but me, it's like her and I are married, she drives me nuts lol. Didn't even have time to work on the Firebird yesterday SOB. Reason #9834759384609183749812739087 never to get married HAHA

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

dude that sucks, same thing happened to me when I was flushing a cooling system, I have the same kinda burns on my thigh. I hate burns, they just plain out suck!!!

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

One more reason to hate them buttstangs

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Damn! I have heard the stories but never actually seen the damage!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Any burns on the face?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that's gonna leave a kick ass scar-chicks will totally dig it. tell em you got it in Iraq

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    that's gonna leave a kick ass scar-chicks will totally dig it. tell em you got it in Iraq
    but the truth will set you free.

man that looks really painfull.

still a nice car too.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

what smells like chicken??? you going to eat them scabs??? better go to the doctor and get some silverdine to put on that...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

my buddy had a SBC do that to him itdoesn't have anything to do with brand. His face was literally coming off.

Black n Black

Ok trying to answer all these. It's a FORD, that's my problem, my 68 Chevelle when I had it would have never thought of doing the things to me that this car has. Yeah burns in any form suck, but 2nd degree are the worst, especially when they scrub them. I've broken bones and been hurt badly before, but honestly, getting the burns on my chest scrubbed was the worst. No burns to the face. A guy walking towards me when it happened said that if I was standing up over the car instead of leaning over when I did I would have caught it in my face. I felt steam on my face and had some tightness in my throat from it but that was about it on the face. Lol, I'm not sure I could lie about it happening in Iraq, the truth will set me free, because it's stupid how it happened and shameful, though I did nothing wrong. Mr. Gasket was the reason with their faulty thermostat. And 1fastcamaro, my hometown is Stow, right east of you. Trust me, this didn't smell like no chicken!! But yeah, I got some silvadene cream, and I'm putting vitamin E lotion on it to try and make the scars as small as possible. I already have enough without having these dang things. And like I said dewman, it has EVERYTHING to do with it being a FORD, especially a MUSTANG POS fords

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by zggill04 View Post
    Ok trying to answer all these. It's a FORD, that's my problem, my 68 Chevelle when I had it would have never thought of doing the things to me that this car has. Yeah burns in any form suck, but 2nd degree are the worst, especially when they scrub them. I've broken bones and been hurt badly before, but honestly, getting the burns on my chest scrubbed was the worst. No burns to the face. A guy walking towards me when it happened said that if I was standing up over the car instead of leaning over when I did I would have caught it in my face. I felt steam on my face and had some tightness in my throat from it but that was about it on the face. Lol, I'm not sure I could lie about it happening in Iraq, the truth will set me free, because it's stupid how it happened and shameful, though I did nothing wrong. Mr. Gasket was the reason with their faulty thermostat. And 1fastcamaro, my hometown is Stow, right east of you. Trust me, this didn't smell like no chicken!! But yeah, I got some silvadene cream, and I'm putting vitamin E lotion on it to try and make the scars as small as possible. I already have enough without having these dang things. And like I said dewman, it has EVERYTHING to do with it being a FORD, especially a MUSTANG POS fords
    ok i'm sold. how much?

that's cool, that is to far away.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by zggill04 View Post
    Do I smell a lawsuit!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

i guess i am lost then, due to a faulty aftermarket part (mr gasket) its fords fault. that's like saying its Chevy's fault that a waste-gate on a turbo was stuck shut and over-boosted and blew out the motor.

Damn. That sucks. Hope you heal up quickly.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Damn! Sorry that happened. But, yeah... at least it didn't get your face!

And I hear ya on the Chevelle! Mine treated me well too. I had two 69's. A 69 and a 69 1/2. My best cars ever.

Black n Black

No, no lawsuit. I thought about it, but then I decided not to because I don't want to be like the rest of America these days. Stuff happens. It hurt like an SOB for a little while, is sucked, I'm going to have scars, but seriously, not every part is going to be 100%. And dewman, just go with it, your being too serious, relax chill out and just laugh a little. And it's all just about healed. A few more little scabs and pinkness, but that's it.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

steam cleaning the engine bay is not good....

Black n Black

I heard it was a good idea, don't know till you try right?!

Final thoughts on it... Not a good idea. A wipe down works better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information