Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

really pissed off at the body shop !!!!!!!!

the other day i got my car back . it was suppose to be all fixed. the next day i was backing out of a parking space and i had it turned to the right and i hear this loud noise from the front end and was like what the heck was that ? there was nothing in the way to hit and when i took it down the road it was out of line and the steering wheel was turned to the right. took it back to the body shop and the owner said that the people who lined up the front end must have left something loose and he would take it back to them. so when i went to pick it up today he tells me a tie rod end was bent but that it evened out when they lined it up and that I had to have run over something to bend it. I told him i didnt hit anything. so i said so its ok now and he said yes. I left upset but it was their closing time and my mom was outside waiting on me. on the way home the more i thought about it the more i got pissed. so when i get home i call him up. i ask him " so my tie rod is still bent ? he says yes only slighty shouldnt cause any problems. by this time i am tired of being nice. tell him what i think. told him he really pissed me off saying i hit something and bent it . i said could not it have been bent when i wrecked the car ? he said no cause when he checked it out it was not that way. dammn i am mad !!!!!! i tell him whatever they did when they lined it up is what caused it. when i backed out whatever was loose bent the frigin tie rod end. then he starts saying bring it back in i will see if i can get it approved with the insurance to put a new tie rod in on. i told him i was too mad i would call him back tomorrow. dammn son of a bitch. i am calling my insurance tomorrow....my car will not be going back to him for repairs i am requesting someone else fix it !!!

also paid an extra $100 to get the entire car buffed and they didnt get all the scratches out on the passenger side. when i complained he said it must have gotten overlooked. when i got the car today still scratches left said that they best they could do. they were not that deep i think they should have been able to get them. also when they put my wheels on the new lugs and locks got misplaced. my ass somebody took them ! they just put my old ones on and kept the new ones. ya he is paying for new ones hell i even called around and got him a better price on them. sorry ass body shop they will never fix another one of my cars and anybody i know i will give them a bad report. almost forgot the first time i got the car back my chevy emblem that is next to the ss on the rear was missing. i told him about it and ya they ordered a new one but acted like it had been gone for a while.i am fucking pissed !!!!
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 04-12-2007 at 04:05 PM.

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    the other day i got my car back . it was suppose to be all fixed. the next day i was backing out of a parking space and i had it turned to the right and i hear this loud noise from the front end and was like what the heck was that ? there was nothing in the way to hit and when i took it down the road it was out of line and the steering wheel was turned to the right. took it back to the body shop and the owner said that the people who lined up the front end must have left something loose and he would take it back to them. so when i went to pick it up today he tells me a tie rod end was bent but that it evened out when they lined it up and that I had to have run over something to bend it. I told him i didnt hit anything. so i said so its ok now and he said yes. I left upset but it was their closing time and my mom was outside waiting on me. on the way home the more i thought about it the more i got pissed. so when i get home i call him up. i ask him " so my tie rod is still bent ? he says yes only slighty shouldnt cause any problems. by this time i am tired of being nice. tell him what i think. told him he really pissed me off saying i hit something and bent it . i said could not it have been bent when i wrecked the car ? he said no cause when he checked it out it was not that way. dammn i am mad !!!!!! i tell him whatever they did when they lined it up is what caused it. when i backed out whatever was loose bent the frigin tie rod end. then he starts saying bring it back in i will see if i can get it approved with the insurance to put a new tie rod in on. i told him i was too mad i would call him back tomorrow. dammn son of a bitch. i am calling my insurance tomorrow....my car will not be going back to him for repairs i am requesting someone else fix it !!!

also paid an extra $100 to get the entire car buffed and they didnt get all the scratches out on the passenger side. when i complained he said it must have gotten overlooked. when i got the car today still scratches left said that they best they could do. they were not that deep i think they should have been able to get them. also when they put my wheels on the new lugs and locks got misplaced. my ass somebody took them ! they just put my old ones on and kept the new ones. ya he is paying for new ones hell i even called around and got him a better price on them. sorry ass body shop they will never fix another one of my cars and anybody i know i will give them a bad report. almost forgot the first time i got the car back my chevy emblem that is next to the ss on the rear was missing. i told him about it and ya they ordered a new one but acted like it had been gone for a while.i am fucking pissed !!!!
    tell me the name of the body shop. that way i wont deal with them either if i ever need a body shop, since i live close.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by rbrtlux View Post
    tell me the name of the body shop. that way i wont deal with them either if i ever need a body shop, since i live close.
    A&R Body Shop. They are located in Chatsworth GA.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I dont know why they gave you such a hard time. A tie rod end is a very inexpensive part to replace and very easy to do. I believe they forgot or overolooked the part being bad and then played defensive when you came back. Although, the alignment guy should have had a really hard time aligning a car with a bad tie rod end. He surely would have commented to the right people about it as well. I can replace tie rod ends with my eyes closed.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

body shops are only as good as their reputation. always speak to those "in the know" before getting work done to your car – be it body or mechanical

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

In the shops defense, people do miss things. Lots of body shops dont have very good mechanics on hand. They focus on the body of the car pretty much. Hope that insurance repairs it bro. Like I said its cheap.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    In the shops defense, people do miss things. Lots of body shops dont have very good mechanics on hand. They focus on the body of the car pretty much. Hope that insurance repairs it bro. Like I said its cheap.
    i understand the human error of missing things.....him saying I ran over something and bent the tie rod end is fbs

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i understand the human error of missing things.....him saying I ran over something and bent the tie rod end is fbs
    If it means anything, if I were in Georgia I'd fix it for you for a case of budweiser in return lol

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

randy, im off till monday. i can come over and help you put one on. see what your options are with the ins co. and let me know if you want me to help
    rob

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by rbrtlux View Post
    randy, im off till monday. i can come over and help you put one on. see what your options are with the ins co. and let me know if you want me to help
    rob
    much thanks for the offer man thats cool of ya.....i am gonna complain to state farm see if they will send it to someone else

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    body shops are only as good as their reputation. always speak to those "in the know" before getting work done to your car – be it body or mechanical
    they did work on my mom and sisters cars and they had no problems...... is why i chose them

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I dont know why they gave you such a hard time. A tie rod end is a very inexpensive part to replace and very easy to do. I believe they forgot or overolooked the part being bad and then played defensive when you came back. Although, the alignment guy should have had a really hard time aligning a car with a bad tie rod end. He surely would have commented to the right people about it as well. I can replace tie rod ends with my eyes closed.
    if it is slightly bent as he says is it possiable to line it up right with no problems in the future ???

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

if it is slightly bent as he says is it possiable to line it up right with no problems in the future ???
    NEVER use bent parts when it comes to steering. Not even slight. I'm a tech and theres absolutely no way I'd let a car leave like that without saying something. Its not worth the risk over a 40 dollar part.

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

much thanks for the offer man thats cool of ya.....i am gonna complain to state farm see if they will send it to someone else
    no problem.

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

damn that blows bro

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

i called the insurance estimate guy today and told him the story and I also told him I was not taking the car back to A&R Body Shop !!!! that I wanted someone else to look at it. he said to make an appoinment with another place and he would come look at the car when they had it up on the rack. he said he would pull the pics up he took of my car before any repairs were made. it he determines the damage was caused by my wreck that state farm would pay for the damage. so i went by the goodyear shop in dalton and was going to make an appointment and they said they would go ahead and look at it and make sure it was nothing dangerous to drive. they took me back and showed me where the tie rod was bent but also that i had rack and pinion damage. it was leaking fliud and also when u pushed on my wheel it had play in it. so i made my appointment for monday and the insurance guy suppose to meet me there. i am going to be either really happy or f in pissed again monday !!! we shall see what happens

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i called the insurance estimate guy today and told him the story and I also told him I was not taking the car back to A&R Body Shop !!!! that I wanted someone else to look at it. he said to make an appoinment with another place and he would come look at the car when they had it up on the rack. he said he would pull the pics up he took of my car before any repairs were made. it he determines the damage was caused by my wreck that state farm would pay for the damage. so i went by the goodyear shop in dalton and was going to make an appointment and they said they would go ahead and look at it and make sure it was nothing dangerous to drive. they took me back and showed me where the tie rod was bent but also that i had rack and pinion damage. it was leaking fliud and also when u pushed on my wheel it had play in it. so i made my appointment for monday and the insurance guy suppose to meet me there. i am going to be either really happy or f in pissed again monday !!! we shall see what happens
    That play in the wheel is the bad tie rod end, or a bad inner tie rod end, or a bad wheel bearing, or a bad ball joint, or all of them. Make sure it gets checked throughly as it gets repaired and doesnt leave till its resolved. What did I tell ya, that end should not jus be let go. They obviously never aligned the car either. This is why when you get body work done you also have a real mechanic look over the car as well.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Holy Shit! That is a nightmare!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

ya really sucks ...they picked the wrong guy to screw over

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

well state farm wanted me to take it back to a&r to give them a chance to make it right and also some of the work was under warranty so they would have to pay

state farm guy did treat me right.....new estimate was for a new left tie rod, new tire, new boot for the rack n pinion, fix where hood was not flush with fender, another front end alighnment

now get this went to pick up the car today from a&r and looked at the hood it was fixed but the sob's cracked my paint in the process....i just about blew a f in gasket !!!!! had to calm down b4 i went back inside cause i really dont like going to jail........finally went inside and told him i needed to see him outside......we get to my car and i say hood is flush with fender now but look at my paint u cracked !!!!!! if the sob would have gave me a run around i was ready to blow......so he says we will fix it when do u want to bring it in ?
    i told him monday when my new tire comes in.....made my mind up i will take my car back every fuckin day of this year if i need to till they get their shit straight that was 6 hours ago and i am still mad as hell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information