Black
    99 Z28

reality tv car/bike builds

Anyone else here really sick of seeing big Mike and Boyd's shop being stressed and under pressure because they can't do shit right and can't plan to meet a deadline? I'd love to see a couple of those where they weren't blowing up and stressing about how "we have so much to do and it's gonna be close".... It's good for the drama, but damn... at least in the pimp my ride shows they aren't always whining about that. Overhauled or whatever it is from Chip Foose's shop, they're pretty world class I think.

Obviously the drama sells, but I lose faith in a shop that can almost NEVER be able to OVER DELIVER on their promises and feel like they're constantly in a crunch.

Thoughts from anyone else on that?

Navy Blue
    2000 Firebird

So true. Boyd is an ass. It seems like theyre trying to copy stressful deadlines and argue all the time like American Chopper. American Hotrod bores the snot out of me.

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

+2, boyds designs arent all that great and his managerial skills are dog shit,its easy to see why he lost his painter and one of his other #1 guys to chip foose. and to be honest i wouldnt pay those fuckin retards on american chopper to put together a three year olds tricycle, the thing that amazes me is how much people pay for their bikes when they really arent all that great

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Quote Originally Posted by 94z28l View Post
    +2, boyds designs arent all that great and his managerial skills are dog shit,its easy to see why he lost his painter and one of his other #1 guys to chip foose. and to be honest i wouldnt pay those fuckin retards on american chopper to put together a three year olds tricycle, the thing that amazes me is how much people pay for their bikes when they really arent all that great
    Wow, I am in 100% agreement with everything you just said!

I never watch Boyd, he comes across as an idiot that had so many cool cars because Chip was there. Now they have shit.

I want to see more of Monster Garage!!
    And more about West Coast Chpppers and Jesse! He was an Ass, but at least he was straight up about it!!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

American Chopper was a hit because of the guys , not the bikes ....
    The way Pauly and Sr, never get along when they are trying to work together , just like me and my dad ..and Mikey going around just being funny ...
    Boyd 's show just take to long...Cant put a car together like a bike ...The only person I like on that show is the paint and body guy.......

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    American Chopper was a hit because of the guys , not the bikes ....
    The way Pauly and Sr, never get along when they are trying to work together , just like me and my dad ..and Mikey going around just being funny ...
    Boyd 's show just take to long...Cant put a car together like a bike ...The only person I like on that show is the paint and body guy.......
    and he left to go to chip fooses shop!

1932 Ford Coupe
    2002 Corvette Ragtop

Boyd has lost quite a few of his employees to Foose; Charlie the painter, Beatle Bailey, Blue Bear, Mike, and the other older guy with the slicked over hair. I am sure more are to come.

Does anyone know what happened to Billy Lane after he killed that guy when he crossed the median DWI?

Thread Information