• Sell It To Him

5 17.24%
  • Give It To Him

12 41.38%
  • Share It With Him

10 34.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Read Then Vote PLEASE

Alright ... Well to start, I purchased half of a baseball bat, Grandma paid for the other half just short of 2 years ago (for those familar with baseball bats it was the 'Liquid Metal Plasma'). It was a proto-type model and it was one of the first 100 shipped out across the nation and i was lucky enough to get one. ( I paid $150 ) Turns out the proto-type had some flaws like expected, but these flaws were so bad that the bat itself had a recall on the first 100. Well I had one of these and had the # to prove it, so we sent it off to Rawlings. Well today a new bat came in the mail, its "the best bat this world has seen" and the world hasn't even seen it yet. As of right now its only avaliable in China and they said in a packet inclosed that its one of 50 models that will be the base for the bat. Bat prices these days have shot up to $300-$400 for a well put together bat, so im assuming this bat will be inbetween that range (prob. closer to $400).

The down side, its to short for me. I use a 33' and its a 32'... But I could still use it now or wait till it hits the market and trade it for a 33'.

Also the company said that because it's a brand new model they could not give me a bigger size in exchange

Well I have a younger brother and he uses a 32' bat, and my parents think it would be a good idea to give it to him, just out of the blue, no birthday, no easter present, no early nothing... just plain out give it to him.

So what do you guys think i should do?
    Last edited by mst219; 04-03-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

it really depends on a lot of things you didnt include... like how old is he and he a compettitive baseball player in which this would help him...in short, if you think baseball will take him places and this bat will help him get there then yeah, give it to him...plus u can claim its an early xmas present..and how badly do you need 400 bucks...sounds liek an expensive present to me

He is 13 (7th grade)and baseball isn't his best sport but we're both very athletic. I already have offers from some Junior Colleges and I'm only a junior in high school, so i really don't NEED it to go places. I have all the predocesors(sp?) of this bat and they're all very good, i just got one about 9 months ago actually, and its still like new. He's more competitive in basketball and that is what will take him places rather than baseball. He's already 5'11 and is a guard and can shoot the ball lights out and handle the ball better than any kid I've ever seen his age (not bias).

I really am not in extra need of money but i could cam the car maybe.

Plus the parents might look at this as a sign of maturing and give me stuff in return.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I say share it, surely you two don't practice on the same days, just tell him if he disrespects it it will be taken away this I think is a way for both of you to show maturity and then maybe just maybe your parents will see both your sense and maturities. I know they like to see it, and we don't like to show it but it is usually for the best.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

in that case sell it...your parents wont really care dude...knowing parents in general...you're still gonna have the same rights and priveladges up until you move out of the house....

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Share it!

He is your brother afterall!

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Let some chick see if she can take it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

That kinda stuff makes a big impact on younger brothers. I would definitely give it to him. I know my older brother was my hero growing up. Still is. I think it would be awesome if you just up and gave it to him. Just get it out and start swinging it or something and ask him if he wants to try it out then ask if he likes it and if he says yes say " It's yours then." Trust me, he'll remember that the rest of his life. Might not seem like anything now but later in life it will.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by mst219 View Post
    He is 13 (7th grade)and baseball isn't his best sport but we're both very athletic. I already have offers from some Junior Colleges and I'm only a junior in high school, so i really don't NEED it to go places. I have all the predocesors(sp?) of this bat and they're all very good, i just got one about 9 months ago actually, and its still like new. He's more competitive in basketball and that is what will take him places rather than baseball. He's already 5'11 and is a guard and can shoot the ball lights out and handle the ball better than any kid I've ever seen his age (not bias).

I really am not in extra need of money but i could cam the car maybe.

Plus the parents might look at this as a sign of maturing and give me stuff in return.
    Michael Jordan was cut from his jr. high basketball team...........

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    Let some chick see if she can take it.

but seriously you should just share it with him.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I voted to sell it, but I have a grudge against younger brothers...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Based on the value of the bat and him not being a baseball player as much as basketball, I'd try and make some cash on it. The only way I would jus give it to him is if A. The kid is passionate about baseball B. He has always shown a real interest in it C. Your really close with him. Otherwise I see the thing being treated poorly and used and abused. You could always jus use it yourself and get used to using a slightly smaller bat that you can use to spray the ball all over the field with lol Tony Gwynn and Don Mattingly were known for using light bats. Same with A-Rod. What kind of Bat is this? I'm not as up on baseball equipment as I used to be. Have you seen the new mattingly baseball line with the v-grip?

i gave it to him... imma nice guy what can i say...

Thread Information