White
    1998 Trans Am

RATM a rap group?

so i was listening to my sirius radio this morning, and it beeped at me saying one of my favorite artists was up, and it was rage against the machine, i clicked over, yada yada, end of the song and the DJ was like "that's rage against the machine, and whether you want to admit it or not, they're a rap group, just one with guitars" and it was on a rap station! the next song was some 50 cent song! i said nooooooooooooo! am i crazy or does anyone else out there not consider them a rap group at all?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by NE98LS1 View Post
    so i was listening to my sirius radio this morning, and it beeped at me saying one of my favorite artists was up, and it was rage against the machine, i clicked over, yada yada, end of the song and the DJ was like "that's rage against the machine, and whether you want to admit it or not, they're a rap group, just one with guitars" and it was on a rap station! the next song was some 50 cent song! i said nooooooooooooo! am i crazy or does anyone else out there not consider them a rap group at all?
    they're a hybrid group just like limp bizkit, korn, and linkin park to name a few. the popular term lately has become "nu metal" but back in the early and mid '90's when it was first emerging and gaining popularity it was referred to as "rap rock" due to the heavy metal influences in the instrumentals combined with the rap style lyrics of the singers.

White
    1998 Trans Am

i don't know, i absolutely hate limp bizkit though. this i do know.

gold
    2000 honder accord

Its true, They are a rap group. They are part of the whole korn, Linkin park, Limp Bizkit genre, like 1 mile said.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i would consider them rock first. they rap their lyrics, but they acutally create music, not just rip off samples and play it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

....and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i would consider them rock first. they rap their lyrics, but they acutally create music, not just rip off samples and play it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
    agreed. RATM, KoRn, Limp Bizkit...etc...they have what's known as talent. rap artists have what's known as stuttering.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    omfg god....rage a rap group?? bbbwwwaaa hahahah...seriously these pussy ass faggot ghetto mutherfuckers just claim everything as rap...im sick and tired of these fuckin hip hop stations playin the same lame ass fuckin no talent music ooover and fuckin ovvver again...what happened to the days of rock and roll, real singers, real musical instruments, real songs and words, real meaning.....some new pussy rapper comes out makes a cd and disappears forever.....OMFG IF I HEAR THAT STUPID BITCH ABOUT THAT SONG ABOUT A FUCKIN UMBRELLA ONE MORE FUCKIN TIME I MIGHT HUNT HER DOWN MYSELF!!!....and all these stupid fuckin reality shows on mtv with the whole beach scene....omfg!!!! how do these fuckin idiots get on tv...no real acting, no real plot...the guys are like "ohhh ummm like maybe this weekend we'll have a party and get drunk, that'll be cool, and maybe ill talk to some girls, yeah it'll be great"......fuck i drink and fuck every other day...people have to stop believing that todays society is something to look up to...CAUSE ITS FUCKIN NOT!!! boys and girls....love america, believe in good ethics and morals, buy american cars, listen to rock and roll, and NO... I REPEAT!! NOOOO FUCKIN MTV OR ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH IT!!!!
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

black
    98 WS6

hahahahah RATM a rap group buhahahahahaaha
    what's next? Biohazard a rap group too? buhahaahaha
    please, youngsters, do not even limp bizkit and RATM in one sentence, what a disgrace

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Blackz----- When I read that line about the bitchwith the fucking umbrella, and how you would love to kill her somehow..... I new we were on the same page. Death to umbrella's.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Limp bizkit is good music.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    they're a hybrid group just like limp bizkit, korn, and linkin park to name a few. the popular term lately has become "nu metal" but back in the early and mid '90's when it was first emerging and gaining popularity it was referred to as "rap rock" due to the heavy metal influences in the instrumentals combined with the rap style lyrics of the singers.
    there is nothing whatsoever "hybrid" about this group. please dont ever imply that they are good. they arent.

and they are not part of the new metal thing. there is nothing metal about them, unless you consider audioslave metal, which is all rage is, just exit one pussy singer and enter another.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Blackz----- When I read that line about the bitchwith the fucking umbrella, and how you would love to kill her somehow..... I new we were on the same page. Death to umbrella's.
    aaabbsolutely

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    there is nothing whatsoever "hybrid" about this group. please dont ever imply that they are good. they arent.

and they are not part of the new metal thing. there is nothing metal about them, unless you consider audioslave metal, which is all rage is, just exit one pussy singer and enter another.
    rage against the machine is good, however, audioslave is excellent. best thing to happen to music since nirvana.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

rage against the machine is good, however, audioslave is excellent. best thing to happen to music since nirvana.
    you're serious?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I fucking love RATM

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post
    Its true, They are a rap group. They are part of the whole korn, Linkin park, Limp Bizkit genre, like 1 mile said.
    Linkin park is awesome...played out but still good music IMO...and I hate rap

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

agreed, i too like RATM, Audioslave and Linkin Park. but i also like country too. can't stand rap though!

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    you're serious?
    oh yeah, other music in the late 90s sucked ass. good stuff.

Thread Information