Thread: rant

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Angry rant

I am Highly irritated. I bought my car in May and there were a few scratches in the driver side fender and some peeling clear coat just above the Z28 emblem. I knew they were there but they weren't too bad so i still bought the car. A few weeks later somebody bumped me in the front bumper when the car was parked, the only damage was to my headlight and the paint on the nose peice got a million of those tiny cracks in it and started peeling off really bad... Obviously i was pissed. I didn't claim it on my insurance because i figured i could fix it myself. So 2 weekends ago i took off the front end and the fender and began prepping for paint. I busted my ass sanding it by hand since the peices are plastic and made them PERFECT. You couldn't see any marks after i primered them. So this past weekend i sprayed them with BC/CC. My car is silver metallic which is a challenge to paint. So of course i fucked it up. The silver was very blotchy, but the clear came out perfect. So since the color looked like shit i decided to redo it all. I sanded them down not as much of course because there were no defects in the clear. I then sprayed the parts again last night and the silver turned out perfect, and then i sprayed the clear coat and it came out gorgeous. I was very pleased. I cleaned up the paint tools and the shop a little and then closed it up for the night.

Now i just went home for lunch and decided to see how they looked. THE FUCKING CLEAR SAGGED AND RAN ALL OVER THE FUCKING NOSE PEICE. I am so fuckin mad, why didn't it do this the first time? I mixed all the paint the exact same way as the first time, sprayed them the same fuckinggg way. god damn it. The only good thing is the fender turned out ok. but still I busted my ass sanding and prepping and shit.

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    I am Highly irritated. I bought my car in May and there were a few scratches in the driver side fender and some peeling clear coat just above the Z28 emblem. I knew they were there but they weren't too bad so i still bought the car. A few weeks later somebody bumped me in the front bumper when the car was parked, the only damage was to my headlight and the paint on the nose peice got a million of those tiny cracks in it and started peeling off really bad... Obviously i was pissed. I didn't claim it on my insurance because i figured i could fix it myself. So 2 weekends ago i took off the front end and the fender and began prepping for paint. I busted my ass sanding it by hand since the peices are plastic and made them PERFECT. You couldn't see any marks after i primered them. So this past weekend i sprayed them with BC/CC. My car is silver metallic which is a challenge to paint. So of course i fucked it up. The silver was very blotchy, but the clear came out perfect. So since the color looked like shit i decided to redo it all. I sanded them down not as much of course because there were no defects in the clear. I then sprayed the parts again last night and the silver turned out perfect, and then i sprayed the clear coat and it came out gorgeous. I was very pleased. I cleaned up the paint tools and the shop a little and then closed it up for the night.

Now i just went home for lunch and decided to see how they looked. THE FUCKING CLEAR SAGGED AND RAN ALL OVER THE FUCKING NOSE PEICE. I am so fuckin mad, why didn't it do this the first time? I mixed all the paint the exact same way as the first time, sprayed them the same fuckinggg way. god damn it. The only good thing is the fender turned out ok. but still I busted my ass sanding and prepping and shit.
    wow thats sucks

Black
    2000 TA

It was to humid last night to be painting without a booth.

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

doesnt sound like you have much luck, hopefully things will be better in the future

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by texinteg View Post
    It was to humid last night to be painting without a booth.
    It was in a air conditioned garage, and i have a refridgeration unit on my air compressor. The only reason i can think that it would sag like that is if the hardener i used was too old. I used up all the new stuff on the first spray. It was the same kind but 4 or 5 years old. But i was in the garage for about a half hour after i was done spraying and none of the runs showed yet.

Black
    2000 TA

yeah the hardner was probably bad then if you were painting in the AC.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

No matter what something always has to be fucked up on my car. Just my luck I guess.

Black
    2000 TA

thats one of the reason i hate doing body work. I would much rather build an engine then try to paint something.

Thread Information