Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rant #1,456,875

98 Formula
    06 duramax

rant #1,456,875

I was reading a list of companies that are feeling the crunch from the financial collapse we're in the middle of. One of the companies they listed was Disney and the reason was due to people not having the money for airfare and hotels. This hits a particular pissy nerve of mine.
    We have 2 kids. I can tell you right now that the airfare and hotel would be the cheapest part of the whole trip. It's the damn ticket prices people charge then get you in the gate and rape you on food. I looked up prices at disney world and tickets alone would cost my family $276 for 1 day. 3 days would be $782. Now factor in toys, food, and crap like that and the airfare and hotel looks like a bargain. You want to get people in the gates? Drop your prices to a reasonable level.
    Case in point. We took the kids to Barnum and Bailey circus this year. I forget the ticket prices but it wasn't cheap. We get there and get in line for food. I went to a seperate booth than my wife because I wanted a brat. Anyhow, my wife comes over with 2 large lemonades and a large popcorn..... $26. I about shit. Then my boy wanted some cotton candy so we got in line for that. I get up to the counter and ask the guy for some and he says "That'll be $12". I laughed and told the boy he was going to do without cotton candy because the only way I'm buying $12 cotton candy is if there's a $10 bill in the bottom of it. After the show they were selling bags of cotton candy outside for $2.
    I'm not a cheap person by nature but I'm also not a sucker. The thing is you have 2 choices......pay it or stay home. Don't even get me started on ticket master. Those pricks fee you to death. I took my son to see monster trucks a couple of times. The fee's were almost as much as the tickets. I think I paid $11 in fee's on a $15 ticket.....twice......and I printed them here at the house. There was a fee for handling or processing or some silly shit and I printed my own ticket. How much sense does that make? Ok, I'm done.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

^^ should be :0rion:

You have opened Pandora's box but I'll submit to you this. I spent $46 dollars for a Mariners ticket and went to the game. I got thirsty and wanted a beer, 12 dollars and 15 minutes later I had one. Well one beer doesn't last the whole length of a game so I bought 3 more. Then I got hungry so I had a cheeseburger, nothing on it just meat and cheese 12 dollars. Thats 56 bucks for a reasonable amount of beer and and a burger. Jebus!!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Oh, I hear ya!

To be honest though. I remember thinking the same thing 20 years ago.

From Super Cross to Disneyland They get ya. And when kids are involved... they get ya good!

Some things will never change.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

I can kind of understand how expensive disney is. You have to think about all they have to offer there and the amount of people that go into creating the experience.

My parents made me go when I was younger and I felt like I was in hell! lol It was torture. I think I was about 10 at the time so Disney wasn't cool anymore. Then somehow my older sister got mono on the trip! lol

11 F350 CC 6.7L

I think what is crazy expensive is spending $40 to take a girl to the movies and getting 2 drinks and a small popcorn. I think actors are WAY overpaid for the amount of work they do.

everything went up in price and the pay stayed the same

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
    You have opened Pandora's box but I'll submit to you this. I spent $46 dollars for a Mariners ticket and went to the game. I got thirsty and wanted a beer, 12 dollars and 15 minutes later I had one. Well one beer doesn't last the whole length of a game so I bought 3 more. Then I got hungry so I had a cheeseburger, nothing on it just meat and cheese 12 dollars. Thats 56 bucks for a reasonable amount of beer and and a burger. Jebus!!
    whooooa...... I never said anything about beer prices. At least it enhances your game going experience, a burger just makes a turd.

black black black
    77 swb

Did they ever want you to sign up for a rewards card at the theater? They say they will give you free popcorn and drinks for spending so much money.

Who the hell wants to get free movie theater popcorn? You would have to claim it on your tax return as a gift worth over a thousand bucks.

I just sneak stuff in.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Oh, I hear ya!

To be honest though. I remember thinking the same thing 20 years ago.

From Super Cross to Disneyland They get ya. And when kids are involved... they get ya good!

Some things will never change.
    where they really get ya is the fact that I want to take the kids out and do stuff like that. If it were me we'd never do anything because it's just not in my DNA to pay that kinda money for entertainment. I can get good entertainment here at the house with a 12 pack of beer, a lighter, and a brush pile.....total cost $10. I want to have the kids have those experiences though because they'll remember some of that stuff their entire lives.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by bodyman5000 View Post
    Did they ever want you to sign up for a rewards card at the theater? They say they will give you free popcorn and drinks for spending so much money.

Who the hell wants to get free movie theater popcorn? You would have to claim it on your tax return as a gift worth over a thousand bucks.

I just sneak stuff in.
    Me and my son were doing a movie thing here and there when there were movies out that he could go see. The average was $30 just for me and him to go to the movies and have some popcorn and drinks and stuff.

11 F350 CC 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I can get good entertainment here at the house with a 12 pack of beer, a lighter, and a brush pile.....total cost $10.
    +1 lol

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

where they really get ya is the fact that I want to take the kids out and do stuff like that. If it were me we'd never do anything because it's just not in my DNA to pay that kinda money for entertainment. I can get good entertainment here at the house with a 12 pack of beer, a lighter, and a brush pile.....total cost $10. I want to have the kids have those experiences though because they'll remember some of that stuff their entire lives.

Exactly!

They've got you coming and going

whooooa...... I never said anything about beer prices. At least it enhances your game going experience, a burger just makes a turd.
    I was really only bitching about the cheeseburger but the numbers were bigger if I included the beer.

Exactly!

They've got you coming and going
    So do condoms that break.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

So do condoms that break.

I couldn't resist sorry.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I couldn't resist sorry.
    You guys just crack me the hell up

I love it here

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I know the giant local theme park locally(well .. 100ish miles away) has all free drinks once you get into the gate. Its 30 bucks to get in as well. Really cheap and really fun. Its called Holiday World/Splashin Safari. Food is decently cheap as well. I remember when I went to Sounds of the Underground a large Mountain Dew cost me 6 bucks. A slice of pizza cost me 8 bucks. Being the youngest I remember going to florida and the theme parks the most. So I can understand going outta the way and spending ungodly amounts of cash for your kids enjoyment. My weekends consists of sleeping/detailing the cars now. Money is getting tighter and tighter. Used to go and street race and hit the movies at least twice a week but that happens maybe once a month now.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

disney is expensive, the tickets to get in are generally gonna cost a family more then actual airfare and hotel. park hoppers are the best value for a family, if u wanna see all four parks during ur stay. they are about 250-300 (per person) for a four day ticket. u can go in and out any park the entire time with a park hopper. thats what i get when i go down there, im a disney fanatic lol, they love people like me who will spend the money without even thinking about it. i spend about 2500 after hotel/airfare/park entrance/food/fun stuff when i go down there for 2 people, i can only imagine how much a family would spend down there!!!! (of coarse i do alotta character dinning down there, im sure without doing that it would cut the cost of food in half, 60$ for two people in ONE of the character dinings, i do atleast 3...) anyway!!!

this rant has definitely made me realize that... i need birth control because i cant have fun and have kids right now lol thanks as always orion for your sharing ur wisdom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information