Rambling want feedback!!!

I have been debating on whether to purchase an old school classic car ie 68 pontiac firebird big block, straight through pipes, and a nasty cam. I'm talking so nasty the whole car shakes at idle, burns a little oil, the kind you have to use the e-brake to keep the car from rolling through a redlight, and chromed blower sticking through the hood!!!! My problem is I can do the same thing to my WS6 with better ride quality and a newer platform. So other than a different looking body on the outside is there any difference??? Hopefully this makes sense I know there are obvious differences, but I'm looking for that old school sound, power, feel, with tire shredding torque. Neither car would be my daily driver but I do want to still be able to drive other than at the track. I use my R1 daily now. Give me some input please

2002 SS

If you tub and do a 4 link rear with super narrowed rear end so you can tuck in the biggest baddest meats and add a wheelie bar so you can look like a street funny to scare the hell out of everyone I'd say yes.

If not my opinion is you'll look like a high school kid who stuck a big cam in and jacked up the leaf springs and be the joke of the street.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I think you'll be more then likely to get most of your money back on something old since its done depreciating for the most part. The WS6 is still going to be depreciating as it gets older. I think you should go old school, alot easier to work on.
    Pacesetter Headers & ORY, Magnaflow Catback, P&P TB, Koni SA Shocks, Strano Lowering Springs, TSP228R, PRC Dual Valve Springs, LS6 Ported Oil Pump, Vig. 3200 Stall, TransGo Shift Kit, Trans Cooler, Spohn Panhard Bar, UMI Rear LCA's, Relocation brackets, Torque Arm SFC. 411 hp / 386 ft/tq

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I seems to me that an old school car would be easier to work on, more open engine bay. From pictures of 4th gen fbodies, it looks to me like half the engine is underneath the dashboard.

My car is paid off and would never be sold....so depreciation isn't a concern. Plus I do all the work and have found the ls1 to be fairly easy to work with good rewards power wise. I like me power accessories, but miss the old school days.

Rob 94Hawk 319
    Why don't you mix old school and new school? Get the 1st gen and stuff a Gen 3 or Gen 4 engine with a lot of displacement and still run a 671/871 blower? (BTW, if you get a good stall on a torquey car, you won't have to hold the parking brake to stop from rolling). It's fairly commonplace to have a minimum of 600 rwhp on a 408, naturally aspirated, if you go larger, you can make more power, of course.

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

How much tinkering would you have to do to the 68?
    How much Rust?
    How is the paint?

Ask yourself the questions you need to drive it and then decide.

I think the 1st gens look better, but I am partial.
    1967 Camaro - 2010 Camaro - Life is good to me!

Thread Information